Team-BHP - Everyone! Hello!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Everyone! Hello!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/47-everyone-hello.html)

Hey guys,
Just came across this forum when i was accidently browsing thru Indiacar.com messageboard, Went thru a lotta posts and could'nt resist becoming a part of what truly seems like one real good forum for indian car enthusiasts.

Im 23, Am a lot into safe driving but yet with a lotta speed, Just got a nice Cubanite Silver S350L this week and also drive a W211 E240!

Well i dont think i'll post much for a while until i finish reading all other posts but well i dont think i'll wait too long before i POKE in ;)

Waiting to know more Merc lovers...

( and im not a BMW hater ) ;)

BTW The 350L is for my dad,

Until the sun goes down lol...

welcome aboard pal...nice cars u got there.....truly a merc fan

Hey pal
Welcome to the team bhp family. Hope you enjoy a lot. And yes we have many Merc lovers out here including yours truly. Where u from btw?

Cheers

rjkulkarni; Dippy;

Thanx a bunch, Believe me you know jus 2 days back i was walking down a lane with my fiancee and i was jus tellin her how i wish in india someone'd start some nice forum for car lovers the way forums exist abroad, and wow to my happyness i come across Team-bhp; Hats off to the mods' here.

Dippy I'm frm gujarat.
and rjkulkarni No sadly im not so happy with the E class! I still prefer my older W210 which i traded in!

Hey S350...

Yet another Mercedes lover, there aint ever enough of us pal. Nice garage you have there, especially the S350L - It goes down as one of my all time favorite chassis and is undoubtedly the best sedan in the world today (albeit with a bigger engine)

Great to have you as part of the team-BHP family,

GTO

Hey there welcome, glad you not a BMW hater. Lot of merc lovers in this forum, me personally had 2 W124, and a W210. Never drove a W211 though. Not a Big merc fan but my fav is the 560 SEL of the 80's the W126. That for me was the merc.

Welcome pal,
Yeah the 350 L is an amazing machine. Seen a few in Blore.

I though am not such a Merc fan, Honda rules my heart but like you said.....i don't hate other cars except Hyundai.

Regards...
Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]i was walking down a lane with my fiancee

u have two mercs & u walk !! lol...kidding dude
I'm surprised ur not happy with the w211...what according to u was the best feature of w210 ?

Hyundai? Is that an alien space ship? lol... i just dont even consider it.

Sam, Nice to know you like old mercs, it's my dream now to some day buy back my old W210 ;) Maybe someday when i have my own money ;)
I just hope the current owner keeps it well.

Thanx GTO for your comments on the S350L but i really wish they offer us some more options and remove those that are not needed esp. the closing doors which i believe are useless i'd prefer they gave us Multicontour seats which do have a massage function..

Guys do any of you seriously hate the reliability of some indian mags?

Yes occasionally i am attracted to my woman too when my cars parked and resting lol,

W210? Hmm lets start firstly i was in school and it came out in 95, Believe me i first saw it in some old car mag and it stunned me, At that time we had the W124 in India, And i always wondered when will we see that queen and finally when in 1997 MBIL launched the E230/200/250D in india in the classic trim .... HEAVEN.

Other issue was somehow it felt too nice and strong, the 211 at times on corners misbehaves esp. on the dusty roads of gujarat. Getting to SBC is one of the worst things i have come across esp. when it removes the feeling of braking and I HATE THAT. I wish MB wud make it optional and let some of us have the conventional braking system. Though i miss the SBC Hold and Stop feature the new E classes made from 2003 have. It's great for stop and go traffic.

In 210 I could relax in the rear seat. The 211 just does not feel right.

Yes quality is much better but something about the 210 that the 211 just cant cope with.... thats just my say... *I maybe wrong but i'll *miss my 210..

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]In 210 I could relax in the rear seat. The 211 just does not feel right.

Interesting, I thought Mercedes would have actually improved on the comfort levels. Another one of team-BHP's members - crazi4speed I think - had the same problem with his new 211.

GTO

hey welcome S350L-E240 ,
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Am a lot into safe driving but yet with a lotta speed

You have made the right choice. All Merc fans [well almost] love the 124 series more than the 210 and 211.

P.S. The S350 is an upgraded model of the S320. So why does it have an "L" [S350L].

GTO,

The Comfort is good atchually when it comes to noise levels and Drivin position. The back seat just feels too stiff and kinda smaller ... jus dunno whats wrong but something is wrong at the back..

Hey there V12,

Nice nick ;)

The L just meanin Long Wheel base,
They have short and Long wheel base not much of a difference but some options are not available on the Short wheel base. Just being particular abt my baby lol... love it and hte best part being it's a rare colour on indian roads, cuz when i come to bbay i see quite a few S classes so the only thing that makes me proud then is my Cubanite silver.. ;)

Do you have any pics of your cars, im sure i speak for all when i say we will probably drool over them. The W210 was a really comfortable car to drive. Mine was a E280 with 145 kW. The only problem i faced was that there was no option to turn the traction control off. And that traction light with the exclamtion mark would be blinking on most turns. Sad to hear that the engineering and ergonomcs of the later model being a bit inferior.