Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2008, 06:12   #1

Hello From US

I was searching for some cool international sites. Came across this one. My name is Dan and I have a bunch of cool toys. Porsche 997TT, Audi A3, Nissan GT-R, Mitsubishi EVO X... I posted pics but not sure where they went. All of the projects I do I document HERE.

Here are some pics of my 997TT

I have alot of technical background in Subaru WRX/STI, Mitsubishi EVO, and Porsche. So any questions, let me know if I can help.
vividracing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2008, 10:10   #2
BHPian

Hey Vivid!!!

Welcome to the forum!! And i'm sure you'll be of help to some of our guys. Do share your knowledge in the threads!! Have fun!!
Old 12th November 2008, 10:13   #3
BHPian

Hello Dan,

Welcome to T-BHP family.

Your technical expertise will be a great help to the forum.

Hope you will enjoy your stay.

C Ya.
Old 12th November 2008, 16:11   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Jaw-dropping 997 : Simply awesome choice of colour & wheels combination!! Welcome aboard, Vividracing. You have an awesome garage. LUCKY to have the GT-R and the 997. What's better is the fact that you seem to be willing to share your experiences. I look forward to a real-world writeup on the 997 & the GTR (including which you prefer of the two ).

Do take a quick stop by our board rules section too.
Old 12th November 2008, 21:10   #5

Thanks for the support guys! I will try to share and help with any tech that I can.

I have driven both the 997TT and GT-R alot. To be honest, I would take my Porsche. However, if I could not afford the Porsche, the GT-R would be best. See the German engineering you cannot mess with it. It is superior. Everything about the car feels more solid and sportier. The GT-R looks huge, but when inside the car, feels about the same size as the 997TT. The Japanese always dominate in electronics. The onboard computer and functionality of the GT-R is quite impressive. With just a ECU flash from Cobb and the titanium exhaust we added, the car moves well! But from what I understand, the transmission has EXTREME limits. And guys are breaking them and Nissan not warranty them. The 997TT transmission is the same they have used for years. It can easily hold 900hp. Just upgrade the clutch.
Old 12th November 2008, 22:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome vividracing, the 997 looks cool, A GT-R you are one lucky guy. do post some pics and hope to read about the your experience living with these beauties .
Old 12th November 2008, 22:08   #7

my posts are being moderated so these might not come in order.

The GT-R we took to SEMA here in Las Vegas and put some cool parts on it. We added the Eibach lowering springs, Meisterschaft Titanium Exhaust, and Capital Forged wheels with Pirelli tires. We are going to now redo the paint and interior. Here are the concept drawings I did -

We did take the car for a drive and made a video on it. Watch it here -
Old 12th November 2008, 23:07   #8
Senior - BHPian

hello Dan, Welcome to T-Bhp.

Hope you enjoy your stay here and tell us more about your beauties and about the racing part. We are all ears....
Old 13th November 2008, 01:17   #9

Well lets see... I started back in 2001 with a WRB Subaru WRX that I built up and got alot of magazine press for. This was my first tuner car and one of my buddies got me into road racing. So I started doing track days with this car. Then I moved to a EVO VIII which we built with a full JDM C-West body kit and Greddy Turbo. Then I stepped up and got a Porsche 996C2. We started modifying that and I did tons of track days and fell in love with Porsche. Eventually I installed a supercharger on it and did Gumball 3000. I sold that and got a bone stock Porsche 996TT which we modified for 2 years. It was 700HP and I did some track days with that. Now I am on my 997TT. We have built some other cars in between. I did a 2008 Subaru WRX, 2007 STI, Nissan 240SX Drift Car, BMW 335I, and our EVO X.

I started this out as a fun hobby which has become an addiction. I love to take a concept drawing and make it a reality. I like the process of building the vehicles, seeing what they are capable of and then moving on to the next project.

Here are some pics of me racing my different cars . Please ask any questions.

I have tons of pictures from our racing on our gallery HERE.

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th November 2008 at 01:46. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 13th November 2008, 04:47   #10
BHPian

Hey there, welcome to the forum. One of my Arab chum upped his GT-R34 to 900hp and it was an epic to drive in... umm, frankly, to slide in. A couple of me friends could take suggestions from you to boost their 350Z's and Supra's.

We shall promote you. Keep up the good work!!!
Old 13th November 2008, 05:03   #11

Thanks for the compliments. Anything I can help with, let me know. PM me for my number and email.
Old 21st November 2008, 09:13   #12

I just added a new intake to my Porsche -

and I am working on adding a new front bumper -

Old 21st November 2008, 21:33   #13
BHPian

Hey man that is one wicked looking 997TT!! Great collection you have!
Old 21st November 2008, 21:40   #14
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Welcome to TBHP. Are you the guys from Performance & Racing Parts | Vivid Racing - ?
Old 2nd December 2008, 03:15   #15

We recently installed Vorsteiner’s vicious new VRT front bumper on our project Porsche 997 Turbo. The front bumper features a lower carbon fiber lip spoiler and carbon brake ducts. Vorsteiner will be releasing this product inconjunction with their rear GT2 style wing and bumper in January 2009. Those that attended the 2008 SEMA show or have surfed the forums have seen sneak pics of Vorsteiners kit on their white 997TT. Here is the front bumper on our Slate Gray Porsche with the TechArt side skirts, and MAShaw GT2 rear wing. Next is a rear bumper and then on to 800HP!

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks