Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2008, 22:11   #1

Feels good to be among passionate car lovers

I am an Advertising Professional and belong to a Car Crazy family.
The love for Cars began in 1940 when my Grandfather bought a Ford and crashed into a storm drain somewhere on the Sylhet-Shillong section on his first drive. He survived and created a Car loving son (my Dad).
Way back in 1971, when I was just 4 yrs old my father bought a brand new white Fiat 1100 D on his meagre IPS officers salary. In 1980 he decided to live upto his dream and the entire family - my father, mom, my sister (who was just 3yrs old) and me decided to go on a long drive. We started from Agartala, Tripura in the Fiat (TRA 969) and drove up Cachar, Meghalay, Assam, down West Bengal, Orissa, Andhara, Tamil Nadu hugging the East Coast all along and down to Kanyakumari. We then turned into Kerala, touched Trivendrum, Kochi, Palghat re-entered TN again at Coimbatore, touched Salem and from there to Bangalore. From Bangalore it was a days drive to Hyderabad and then onwards to Rajamundry and back through Orissa, WB, Assam and reached Agartala again. That was 12000 kms in 50 days.
This set the pace and we have loved cars since. My father drives an Opel Corsa today and lives in RT Nagar. At 75 he is still an amazing driver.
My Fiance drives an Opel Corsa too and she could put most mens driving skills to shame.
She pushed me to fulfill my biggest dream a few yrs back and I bought a Ford Mondeo Ghia (among the last that Ford sold in India). Love the brute.
We still drive around as a family and love doing that..our little Spitz has also learnt to keep pace with this Crazy Family on Wheels..
Hope you guys liked the intro..cheers
Old 19th November 2008, 10:08   #2
BHPian

Hello There!! Welcome aboard.

Your family history is a perfect fit for the T-BHP family. Do post some nice pictures of all the rides? Until now there hasn't been any ownership review of Ford Mondeo. You could probably start one.

Hope you will enjoy your stay.

C Ya.
Old 19th November 2008, 10:28   #3
BHPian

Hi there ! Welcome Aboard!!!!

You must be lucky to have such a family!!! Have fun and do get involved in the threads!!

Cheers!!!!
Old 19th November 2008, 10:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thats a nice intro. The Mondeo was one of the best driver's car around during its time. How about a long term ownership report on your car? Should be interesting.

Do go through the rules section to understand the forum better.

Welcome to Team BHP
Old 19th November 2008, 12:03   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hi MondeoM, welcome to the forum..enjoy your stay here!
Keep learning!
Old 19th November 2008, 12:16   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Two Opels and a Mondeo, your family has a thing for European build eh? Welcome to Team-BHP, Mondeo Maniac. I hope you intend to continue with the tradition of long drives....our travelogues section is full of getaway-from-it-all destinations.

Do take a pitstop by our board rules section too. Hope to bump into you over at some interesting threads.
Old 19th November 2008, 12:38   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome aboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondeo Maniacs View Post
Way back in 1971, when I was just 4 yrs old my father bought a brand new white Fiat 1100 D on his meagre IPS officers salary. In 1980 he decided to live upto his dream and the entire family - That was 12000 kms in 50 days.
That must have been quite an experience! Why not start a thread and tell us more about the trip. Do share some pictures if you can.
Old 20th November 2008, 08:04   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Welcome aboard.

That must have been quite an experience! Why not start a thread and tell us more about the trip. Do share some pictures if you can.
Thank you for the very warm welcome..will certainly dig out some pics of that Tour and share with you all. Sooner than later.
Old 20th November 2008, 08:11   #9

You bet!! European cars are like Apple Macs..once you are into it you are hooked..
Old 20th November 2008, 08:20   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Thats a nice intro. The Mondeo was one of the best driver's car around during its time. How about a long term ownership report on your car? Should be interesting.

Do go through the rules section to understand the forum better.

Welcome to Team BHP
Hey Dippy, thanks for the warm welcome. Will certainly attempt a long term ownership report on the Mondeo.

Beg to differ on a minor point though..The Mondeo is still one of the best Driver's Car in the D segment..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks