Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2008, 01:09   #1
BHPian

Hi all :)

Hello everyone, my name is Chetanya and I am from Mumbai and its my pleasure to be a part of Team-Bhp.

Let me tell you the story from start. It all started off when I was just 3/4 years old, I developed an immense love for cars and only cars ! I used to have all the possible hotwheels and other small cars and still have some of them . I used to get up playing with cars and sleep playing with cars. In the past few years, we had cars/bikes/scooters varying from a Lambretta to a Kinectic Honda to a Kinectic Zing Rockin', from a Premier Padmini to a Mahindra Jeep to a Mahindra Armada, from a Maruti 800 to Maruti Gypsy to a Hyundai Accent and a Toyota Innova and a Maruti 800 back again . My dad used to be a mechanic in his school/college days, he used to repair Yezdis, Rajdoots, Bullets, BSAs and other bikes which were famous at that time. But he always had this dream of owning a Bullet. One day when he had the money, he just told us to accompany him to the showroom and straight away gave full downpayment and booked a 2004 Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 4s At that time too I wasnt a fan of bikes, I insisted him to buy a Thunderbird for some reason I dont know.

Then, the day came of the delivery of the bike, I could see the poshness of the bike compared to any other bike of the road at that time. Slowly I developed a love for RE's. The bike was given to my brother as my dad was most of the time out of town and prefered the car for his daily use, though he did a couple of trips to Nashik/Shirdi/Kalyan etc. My brother used to take it everywhere from college to work. Now, he started teaching me how to ride, although I was a good observer and knew the whole technique . Started off with wrong gear shifts and some small goof-ups. Then one day while coming back from work at 3am, my brother had a terrific accident. He had dislocated his shoulder and bruised his knees badly, although there was no fracture as he had left the bike when he fell. From then he didnt ride the bike at all, he used to take the car everywhere. I used to see the bike parked in the garage with the cover on and this ivoked me to take it out ! As being underage I used to take it to nearby places, slowly I mastered it ! Then my brother left for Canada for higher studies, my dad took the bike to his factory at Bhayander in Thane. He used to ride it for local use. And then, when I turned 18 in March 2008, the first thing I did in the morning was to go to RTO office and get my driving license . On the day itself my dad gave me the bullet and my brother's Hyundai Accent GTX. Though I loved both the vehicles, I used to prefer the bullet.

Thats almost all about me..I thank you guys for sparing time to go through my intro. I once again thank v12 and Gordon for their support and also Team - bhp . Take care and ride safe.

Oh and yes - I'll post a new thread on the 3rd Cafe Racer on Team-BHP very soon.

Last edited by v12 : 1st December 2008 at 01:15.
Old 1st December 2008, 01:18   #2
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP Chetanya. Good to have you on the board.

For all those who have gone through the Enfield and Yamaha Cafe threads, Chetanya is the one who owns the red Cafe.

Waiting for your own Cafe Racer thread now.
Old 1st December 2008, 09:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hi Chetanya, Welcome to TBHP family. Nice to have you here.Have fun and lot of learnings!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks