Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2008, 04:00   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT View Post
Hi no-limt! You have a great collection there. I always wanted a SL but couldn't afford one. your S class is amazing and I can imagine Merc only in one color-Black. I like your new SL front though, Is the ride smooth enough on this since you complained about your S class for its bigger wheels earlier! Also howz the noise level in SL compared to S or E class.
Many thanks for your kind comments. All my mercs are in Obsidian Black colour.I have felt that the 19" low profiles makes the ride a bit stiff. With roof up NVH level in SL is very good and it feels solid, unlike some other convertibles. On stock wheels the S class simply glides. In fact I would say that stick to the stock 17" wheels if you want high level of ride quality.

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th December 2008 at 11:17.
Old 19th December 2008, 04:28   #32
BHPian

Took me 31 years since the day I first opened my eyes to buy my first ever Merc. My 2006 model E280 CDI Avantgarde. This is the car which I use on a daily basis. An unfortunate shunt in my 2001 Audi A6 (which I bought used), this was the first car I bought brand new, here in U.K.

30 months almost 26000 miles and it has never missed a beat. Though I would be changing to a new car in 2009, but this will always be 1 car which will hold a place of pride in my heart and in my garage.

I hope every body here enjoyed the pictures of my rides as much as I enjoyed putting them here on this post.

I would really appriciate if any body here can fill me in with the ownership experience on ML or CL, because I might be opting for 1 of those or I might be going for new 2009 E class.
Attached Thumbnails
Trio of Our Mercs.-2.jpg  

Trio of Our Mercs.-5.jpg  

Trio of Our Mercs.-9.jpg  

Trio of Our Mercs.-11.jpg  

Trio of Our Mercs.-14.jpg  

Trio of Our Mercs.-18.jpg  

Trio of Our Mercs.-35.jpg  

Trio of Our Mercs.-36.jpg  

Trio of Our Mercs.-37.jpg  

Old 19th December 2008, 13:39   #33
BHPian

2 more picturess of my beloved E280.
Attached Thumbnails
Trio of Our Mercs.-38.jpg  

Trio of Our Mercs.-40.jpg  

Old 25th December 2008, 13:29   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hi No_limit,
I am also a lover of Mercs.
I happen to own E320 cabrio-1994, E250D-1996, E280CDI-2007, ML350-2005, SL500-2005, SMART CDI-2004. All from the Merc stables.
I would recommend you consider the GL over the ML if at all. I am not very Happy with ML's ride and handling qualities. Though she has been absolute maintainence free.
I know they have improved in the New 2006 onwards version, but even the new one lacks the desired ride comfort. A nice SUV is the Prado/Amazon or the RR range IMO.
Old 27th December 2008, 16:14   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Hi No_limit,
I would recommend you consider the GL over the ML if at all. I am not very Happy with ML's ride and handling qualities. Though she has been absolute maintainence free.
I know they have improved in the New 2006 onwards version, but even the new one lacks the desired ride comfort. A nice SUV is the Prado/Amazon or the RR range IMO.
Hi Scooby05. That's a really nice collection you have got. Congratulations on owing lovely Mercs.
Thanks for your recommendations. COuld you be kind enough to shed any light on the feedback or experience of the offroad capability of GL that you might have ?
I agree with you RR range is best suited for off roading, but I want to stick to Merc stable.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks