Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2008, 08:09   #1
BHPian

Oops I forgot the intro

I had enrolled on team-bhp God know when. However have never posted anything till now. About two weeks ago I wanted to post something and found out I wasn't even authenticated. Anyway thanks to the moderator that's done now.

I'm 33 and live in Kerala with my wife and parents. Expecting my first child in March the coming year. Im an Electronics graduate with an amnesia of whatever I learnt doing the same. I run a web hosting company.

Passion for bikes actually was my primary interest. Started off on my dad's Yezdi's. Learned to ride very late at the age of 13 from the craziest rider in town. The same year at thirteen I navigated for him in the Popular Rally that year on a Yamaha RD350. Owing to family pressure haven't rallied since then. Graduated to a Roadking and then finally a string of RD350's and even a Yezdi 350. The only 100cc was probably the Supra power up. Never wanted to drive a car and never had a licence for one till I turned 21. Started off one day on our Ambassador and have been hooked since. Migrated to a 118NE then a Peugeot 309. We then bought a Ford Fiesta Diesel which we still have.

But my work on cars started off the day my Dad asked me to buy one for myself and I decided on a Palio 1.6. The timing was right I guess because I was fortunate enough to get a fully done up and properly maintained Palio S10 from one of the best drivers and auto enthusiasts in Kerala, Dr Rajiv Koshy. The car had been running on synthetic and had both cold air intake as well as FFE. The cambers were all done and it had strut bars and even a roll cage if I wanted. So that was my fun ride for almost two years. I used to drive about 260 Km's every month to my wife's place which is a bit hilly and the Palio was one helluva car for that. And let me tell you no matter what I'll die happy just knowing Iv enjoyed two vehicles with attitude on the Indian roads, The Yamaha RD and the Fiat Plaio 1.6.

Anyway I did a stint at the local autocross on my Palio where I discovered two handicaps it had namely braking and turning radius. So decided I needed to get some other ride which delivered the same. I thought the Mitsubishi Lancer fitted with a Mivec would be a great way to go. During research for the same I stumbled on the RPW website and realised the DOHC possibility for our Lancer 4G15 engine. This would be the best way as it would be totally legal with the same engine. So the Palio was sold and I got my Lancer in February. Then the research started and finally last week I got my DOHC head asssembly imported from Japan and my Lancer now is a 4G15 DOHC.

Closing it off Iv joined Team-bhp for the opinions esp to make decisions as I dont know a great deal on Auto's at least cars. Most of it I must confess is Latin and prob by association I would prob speak the language given time. Iv noticed some cool stuff reg ECU's etc on the site and would like to know more DIY's reg the same.

Btw thanks get_hiyyer_714 for all the help when I installed the DOHC. The only other person I know who's done the same.

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th December 2008 at 11:15. Reason: Welcome. Please try to type words in full "Iv" = "I've" and so on, since SMS language is not allowed on TBHP. Thanks.
wildwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2008, 09:13   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey wildwheels, welcome to the club. Nice intro man and you will find lots of RD's and 1.6 fans here. I drive a S10 and can only agree with what ever you say -- the +ve & the -ve.

Enjoy your stay here my friend.
Old 19th December 2008, 10:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP wildwheels. Just look at my post count & my date of join.

You have not given your feedback about the DOHC Lancer. Please share your experience.
Old 19th December 2008, 11:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

Namaskaaram Wild Wheels

Good to catch another RD owner from my hometown. From your intro, you seem like a full-blown petrolhead...what took you so long? Do hook up with the fairly active gang in Cochin (who will be along presently, no doubt).
Old 19th December 2008, 12:05   #5
BHPian

well hello there nice intro there bro. where abouts you staying in Cochin? well good to see you out and about the forum now its better late than never. Hope you will catch up with us during one of the meets so we can get to know you better off the forum as well. Take care and Drive safe. Cheers!
Old 19th December 2008, 12:52   #6
Senior - BHPian

Why hello thar fellow mallu!

Welcome to the place for petrol/dieselheads in India.
Old 19th December 2008, 14:19   #7
rippergeo

Time for another D R I V E, I suppose. Atleast a mini meet or a karting meet. Would love to see your Lancer sometime. Welcome to tbhp! Great intro.

Old 19th December 2008, 15:39   #8
BANNED

Hi, hello, Namaskaaram and welcome to Team-bhp.
Nice to see another great enthusiast from our god's own country here.

I remember seeing your Palio in the autocross! Man, I was right next to you in my humble alto and I'm sure you saw many team-bhpians with me that day. It's sad we didn't know each other then.
This Palio was discussed to me when it was being sold by a friend of mine. But my strict anti Fiat stance kept me away from it. Another chance of meeting you gone for a toss!

A true modified Lancer. Wow!
There'll be another one to give your car some good company from the same stable. Wait till I'm back.

Now that you're here, enjoy! We are a bit hyper active kind of motoring nuts and go buzzzzzzzziiiing on the word vrrrroooom!! It'll be fun to have you around too.

Have a good time here.
Old 19th December 2008, 15:39   #9
BHPian

wow a DOHC 4g15!!!

congrats wildwheels. you suddenly triggered something in my head. a DOHC MIVEC head for my lancer i mean... not my head.

Please post a full review and all details about ur DOHC transplant. i think a lot of people would be interested.
see you pm.
Old 19th December 2008, 18:00   #10
BHPian

Hello there

W E L C O M E onboard wildwheels!!!!

Nice to note that a high spirited petrol head is still there in my locale! Kudos to your lancer! G8 stuff running on it.

So how bout a meet soon?! Do PM anyone of the kochi gang and the rest is assured. Can't wait to see your modded lancer.

cheers!
Old 19th December 2008, 18:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hello and welcome aboard!

You've been in complete hibernation, huh? Do meet up with us at the next meet. I would love to see your Lancer! (I'm off before the Kochi gang start needling me on my meet-attendance of late )
Old 20th December 2008, 03:01   #12
BHPian

Hi! WildWheels, Nice intro: and to know that you've been around for so long on tbhp!!! Hey Welcome and keep us posted on the Mods that you are doing!
From your intro, you sound like somebody I know, Palio 1.6, RD 350,Supra.. now Fiesta and the Lancer (Totally Spiced up!) these same specs are shared by a close friend who spends a lot of time on a Sound Mixing Console, So if you do that too then here is a High5 from a fellow Sound Guy...
Rock ON
regards!

Johnda!

Last edited by johnda : 20th December 2008 at 03:09.
Old 20th December 2008, 10:13   #13
Senior - BHPian

Heya! A very interesting intro there! Welcome to the forum! Pls join us for the next M E E T! Is your MIVEC in cochin?
Old 20th December 2008, 11:52   #14
BHPian

Wow! thats what I would call a warm welcome. Thank's guys. Now to set something straight. I think Iv created some confusion. I mentioned
Quote:
I thought the Mitsubishi Lancer fitted with a Mivec would be a great way to go. During research for the same I stumbled on the RPW website and realized the DOHC possibility for our Lancer 4G15 engine

So to clarify my DOHC is not a MIVEC its a simple 16 valve DOHC. Will elaborate more as soon as I get back from a small and urgent Saturday routine I have to do like taking the wife out for shopping. Also I dont own my RD's anymore. The last one that was in in CKD form in my bedroom cupboard was sold some two years ago under a right to use agreement with the current owner who was pestering me for it. There a three or four of my RD's in town although with new owners. I own a Honda Dio. But use my bro's Unicorn and prob will have a fully ported RX 135 by the weekend courtesy by cousin who's moved on to a Baleno in Bangalore.
Old 22nd December 2008, 15:19   #15
BHPian

I have finally had the time to document the same on team bhp and the post is available here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1102331
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks