Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2008, 06:06   #1
BHPian

My Introduction

Hi all!
I am Sanjay Dutta from Guwahati, Assam. I am just shy of 40 but always feel 24. I am an employee of Gauhati University and I have been driving a white 1995 M800. I was supposed to take the delivery of my new Palio MJD (SDE) yesterday but decided to wait till today because it was already 8 pm as the car was being readied. Even today I am not likely to get the free Stereo system promised by Fiat India as the unit has not yet been received by the dealer. My buying decision (in favour of a Palio) was to a great extent influenced by various posts in Team-BHP. I am satisfied with the overall package of the car except for the lack of a left side ORVM. I have not yet been able to find any vendor in Guwahati with a ready stock of that part.

I am a cautious sort of a driver and rarely exceed 60 kph in my maruti. The MJD however looks likely to give me a speed bump upto 80kph. The reason for going for the multijet is that I love long trips by own vehicle. I plan to leave for Gangtok (more than 600 km including hilly stretches) in about three or four days time in the new car. Some friends of mine are advising against. I would appreciate advice from Team-BHP community.
Old 24th December 2008, 17:18   #2
BHPian

Welcome to Team BHP Mr Dutta..

We hope you have a great time here. Dont forget to take the TEAM BHP new car delivery checklist when you go to collect your Palio.

Also do post an initial ownership review and we hope to see a travelogue from Guwahati to Gangtok!

Have a nice time
Old 24th December 2008, 18:40   #3
BHPian

Mr Dutta

Welcome to T BHP.

You have made a great decision on getting the Palio MJD. It is a very nice car and you would not have a big difference in driving this diesel car from your petrol car apart from the huge cost savings that you would have.

All the best for your new car and hope you have a great time on the road. Your friends might think that the services centers in NE India might not be as good as the maruti network. As long as you handles that part of it, you can have a long happy ownership of your Palio MJD

Regards
"Bhondu"
Old 24th December 2008, 22:13   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbalii View Post
Mr Dutta

Welcome to T BHP.

You have made a great decision on getting the Palio MJD. It is a very nice car and you would not have a big difference in driving this diesel car from your petrol car apart from the huge cost savings that you would have.

All the best for your new car and hope you have a great time on the road. Your friends might think that the services centers in NE India might not be as good as the maruti network. As long as you handles that part of it, you can have a long happy ownership of your Palio MJD

Regards
"Bhondu"
Thanks a lot indeed. I have already done 135 kms since yesterday (65 kms on odo on delivery and now reading 200). I drove both in bumper to bumper city traffic and in the 4 lane expressway bypassing the city. While on the expressway someone as timid as myself ended up in a three way contest with a Swift Vdi & Dezire Vdi with honourable results. Gangtok is postponed by a couple of days as the registration papers are not ready. The stereo from Fiat has still not arrived.
Old 25th December 2008, 14:02   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
While on the expressway someone as timid as myself ended up in a three way contest with a Swift Vdi & Dezire Vdi with honourable results.
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. I have driven the petrol Palio - one of the earlier models and it seemed a great car. Have been wanting to test drive the 1.6 for quite some time now.

Enjoy your Gangtok trip and please post an account of the routes.
Old 26th December 2008, 19:24   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
Thanks a lot indeed. I have already done 135 kms since yesterday (65 kms on odo on delivery and now reading 200). I drove both in bumper to bumper city traffic and in the 4 lane expressway bypassing the city. While on the expressway someone as timid as myself ended up in a three way contest with a Swift Vdi & Dezire Vdi with honourable results. Gangtok is postponed by a couple of days as the registration papers are not ready. The stereo from Fiat has still not arrived.
Please make sure you get your stereo ASAP, they tend to procrastinate after sales. Most probably that was an offer from the dealer and not FIAT.

You should know that the SWIFT, Dzire and the Palio have the same engines. The 1.3 MJD Fiat engine. The indica vista sports the same engine.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks