Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2009, 11:44   #1
nvk

Hello and Happy New Year!

Hi All,

My name is Nikhil and I live in Delhi. I was so happy to run into this website as I just moved back from America and was regularly on car forums; and of course needless to say I am crazy about cars. I already stopped by Autopsyche's facility in Gurgaon and met Arush. My office is like 5 mins away from the workshop, so why not!

Currently, I drive either a Esteem or my dad's Mondeo. But I am hoping to buy a car in the near future. I haven't really decided which one as I am researching the market right now.

A little background on my vehicles, my first set of wheels was a Black CBZ (2001) when I used to go to college in Manipal, I sold the CBZ a year later and got a Maruti 800 (2002). Soon after that I transferred to University of Minnesota where I was mainly using public tranportation. About a year later I bought my first set of wheels there which was a 1999 Yamaha R6 (04/2004), I miss that bike till date, I had so much fun with it. Later on during the same year I bought a 1996 Audi A4 V6 Manual Transmission (10/2004) which was with me only for a few months as I totaled the car when I lost control due to some ice on the road

Luckily, I got a nice cheque from the insurace company for an amount greater than what I had paid for the car. I was really interested in modding my A4 but soon realised that I had bought a mod un-freindly car. So the accident was a blessing in disguise I guess. With the new cheque in hand I decided to do it right the next time around and bought myself a 2000 Audi A4 1.8t Quattro 5MT. That car was a absolute blast to drive and I did some decent mods to it. First mod was a new chip in the car which increased the bhp from 150 to about 200. The car already had an aftermarket exhaust on it. Next up was suspension, I got coilovers installed which was the best thing ever followed by sway bars (front and rear). This was followed by a short-shifter and a engine snub mount. Oh I almost forgot, the first mod was a set of 18" wheels and new tyres :-)

I drove the A4 for about 3 years, during this time i had finished college and started working. I waited till i had cleared most of my debt and got a good salary. Once I was in a decent financial position, I had decided to got for my dream car... BMW E46 M3!!!
In december 2007 i bought myself a used 2003 BMW M3 w/SMG :-)
I had the A4 as well for a few months as I was not able to find a good home for it. But eventually found the right buyer with the right price for it. And let me tell you it was really difficult to part with that car. I had so many memories with it and I had done so many road trips in it.

Unfortuantely, I always knew that my stint with the M3 will be short-lived as I was suppose to move back to Delhi, but that didnt stop me from experiencing it. I participated in 3 driving events with the M3, auto-cross, track day at laguna seca and car control clinic. In my opinion the best "mod" that i did for the car were these event, i learnt so much about driving and car control!

Anyways, this had turned out to be a really long post! I hope to meet people from here soon and be an active member in the community. This is a great forum!

- Nikhil cheers:

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th January 2009 at 23:39. Reason: 2 smileys max. Please read the Team-BHP rules before continuing. Thanks.
Old 3rd January 2009, 19:55   #2

Hi Nikhil,

Seems that the US of A has been a great experience for you experimenting with lots of Variants starting from 2 Wheelers to Audi's & BMW's. I believe you have tasted the cream. Do let us know what are you going to zero in to purchase in India well with the kind of driving experiences you had.
Old 4th January 2009, 12:39   #3
nvk

Hi KarriS,

I will definitely post up pics of my new car once I get it
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks