Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2009, 20:04   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Guys & Gals

Hi guys/gals,

Wishing you all at Team BHP a very happy new year. I've been following TBHP since Oct 08 and joined up as a member in November after I realised that TBHP was exactly what I was looking for. Apologies for not having introduced myself earlier but it was a mixture of hating to type (I am in IT and type all day!) and sheer laziness. But most importantly it was the love of reading all the tips, help and the cameraderie on this forum. I spent months reading your posts and have loved them all. Thank you very much!

My ride -

A Toyota Corolla Altis GL with a manual tranny purchased in Oct 08, done around 1200 Kms so far. ICEd with JVC AVX 810. Infinity ref components and 6x9 speakers, an Infinity 475 4 channel amp. Have fitted a pair of Philips +30% headlamps for the high beams (low beam is HID)

I am a repeat customer for Toyota having had the old model which I sold and purchased an Altis. Ex Honda City (2002 model) owner hated the after sale here in Pune and actually sold the car in 2005 because the local dealer was simply pathetic. I have thought of staying away from Honda till they sort out their dealerships. I love high revving engines (all my bikes have had one starting with the Yamaha RD350 (30.5 BHP ver), RX100, Suzuki Shogun followed by 2 Pulsars) but not so much that I will ignore dealer support! DSK Toyota here in Pune simply rocks.

I am a car and bike freak, very hands on, performing minor maintenance procedures myself (major too when I have the tools) and washing the car weekly. No watchmen or drivers touch my babe.

Have maintained and tuned my own bikes always includint the twin RD350. Favourite shampoos are Meguiars or Turtle wax, Favourite wax is Meguiars NXT Tech Wax.

Well, that's it for now. Look forward to contributing to this forum.

Regards,

R2D2
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2009, 20:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to T-Bhp dude.
Lets have some pics of your car.

Enjoy your stay and do go through rules of the forum before posting.
Old 5th January 2009, 00:06   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Abhinav. I'll post some pics of the car and the ICE system ASAP.

I dont believe there will be any other chassis or engine mods anytime soon as the car is under warranty for 3 years. Must confess I am tempted to do a Big 3 upgrade (battery to earth, alternator to battery & chassis to engine upgrade with some 4 gauge cable) it is cheap and supposed to help especially with an after market sound system.

I do browse thru posts on toyotanation.com and 9thgencorolla.com. Interesting to see what owners around the world do to their Toyotas.

Cheers!
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2009, 00:12   #4
BHPian

Welcome R2D2. Enjoy the stay.
Old 5th January 2009, 13:02   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome R2D2! Congratulations on the Altis; it is a heck of a practical sedan. How about an ownership report + pictures. You change your cars pretty often, don't ya? Head right over to this thread. The way that I see things, selling a Honyota within 3 years of ownership is pointless!

Do take a quick pitstop by the board rules section too.
Old 5th January 2009, 14:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hello R2D2. You nicks sortof says that you are a StarWars fan apart from cars and bikes. Congratulations on the Altis. I just had a TD of both the Auto and the Manual models yesterday and was quite impressed. The base model seems good value for money with the features it comes with. You dont miss the xenons etc. really

Welcome to Team BHP and take a detour to the rules section before going further into the forum.
Old 5th January 2009, 20:08   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Hello R2D2. You nicks sortof says that you are a StarWars fan apart from cars and bikes. Congratulations on the Altis. I just had a TD of both the Auto and the Manual models yesterday and was quite impressed. The base model seems good value for money with the features it comes with. You dont miss the xenons etc. really

Welcome to Team BHP and take a detour to the rules section before going further into the forum.
Thanks Dippy, GTO, HCP and everyone for the welcome. Dippy, you're absolutely right. I am Star Wars fan having seen Part 1 as a school boy and have seen every episode since then. I am much, much older now but that boy inside me (they say in every man there is a little boy hidden somewhere) still loves Star Wars and others like Tom & Jerry plus a love of cars, bikes, gadgets and hi tech.

It is also that I like R2D2, for Skywalker he's a dependable friend much like pet dog and goes everywhere Luke goes.

I have ready read the rules of the forum and will abide by them.

Cheers!

R2D2
Old 6th January 2009, 11:18   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

R2D2 .. that's a familiar name. McL, is that you ?
Old 6th January 2009, 20:36   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
R2D2 .. that's a familiar name. McL, is that you ?
Nopes, I dont think so.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks