Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2009, 14:59   #1
BHPian

A Long Pending Intro

Hello All,

I think i should have wrote this 17 months back when i became a part of this community. But what the heck - better late than never.

So here goes my introduction.

Me - Sanju - was born in Cochin. Brought up in the lanes of Edapally. Moved to Calcutta as my dad got transferred there. Been there for around 5 years before coming back to cochin some 15 years back. My studies then took me to Coimbatore and my job brought me to my current location - Bangalore.

My interest in cars have always been there since childhood. My dad had a 1985 Bullet and later on he upgraded to an Amby. I learnt driving in his Amby. And as then legend says, you learn to drive in an Amby you can drive any car in this world. Since Amby, there have been many cars in my dad's garage. At one time we had 2 Amby's and one Zen. Currently my dad has an Accent. I am so crazy to drive these cars that whenever i come home for vacation, i ask my driver to go on vacation so that i have enough miles to cover for my dad.

So it was quite natural for me to a buy a car after i got a job. I ended up buying a Ford Ikon 1.6 that too second. I did not want to buy a new car too sudden so thought will use the Ford for sometime before i buy new one. But since i bought this car, i have been hooked on to it. I had a lot of problems with my car initially when i bought (as my fellow members might have observed in some of the threads that i have posted). But for the last 6 months (touch wood!!) my car has not been giving me much trouble.

Have made quite a few good friends already here through this community and i look forward to making more. I constantly look up this site for any queries/clarifications my friends might have on cars and i must admit TBHP has made me a lot wiser about automotives than what it was a year back.

Looking forward to being a member of this community for quite a long time.

PS: Hope the oil strike ends soon. My car is stranded in my garage with an empty fuel tank.
Old 9th January 2009, 16:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sanju

Another mallu here it seems.

*lights the greenhorn symbol into the sky* In the darkest thread, in the whitest post...

Welcome

As for the fuel crisis, it seems like some oil PSU employee stumbled across this site and thought : "Oooo those guys on that site are having way too much fun. Let's ruin their weekend and show 'em who's boss!"
Old 9th January 2009, 23:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

You rang sir ?

Oooh and welcome sanju
Old 10th January 2009, 17:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome on-board Sanju.. Its special for me as I never got a chance to welcome a member older than me.
Old 11th January 2009, 00:10   #5
BHPian

Thanks a lot Ym-enjn....btw whats with that name?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed