Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2009, 21:24   #1
BHPian

Greetings from a kid.

Hello T-Bhpians

This is Sudeep Chakraborty (19l)

I am doing my engineering (comp sc 2nd yr)) in tumkur, 65 kms north of bangalore, its a small educational town (within a span of 15-20 kms there are at least 9 colleges) and its spot on NH4.

Although I have lived most of my life in Ahmedabad where my home is (and still is) and it has some very good roads and lax cops

About myself,

Basically I have a few and dedicated interests

- Programming , well I started off programming at age of 10 when i got curious of dad's work in Visual basic.. i havent learnt in a regular "trained" manner nor would i say i am an expert. its just knowledge that i've gained by coming across information that i found interesting and worked on it.

- Cooking, yes I love to cook and I am a foodie. since my parents both work at ISRO full time so I started learning how to cook since i hated the tiffin service which served inedible food.

- Music, I cannot work without music, and i listen to anything that I like. but i'd say i definitely do not listen to rap, hip hop or songs which literally kills the joy of listening to music.

- Mechanical stuff. I am hooked to anything that's imposing (gigantic) or powerful. By age of 8 I watched every episode of "extreme machines" on discovery channel in which they sometimes also show about cars and bikes. eventually many other shows which were specific to cars and bikes hooked me on. this is where my interest in bikes and cars arose.

Bikes and cars
First of all both have their places. Although as a student I prefer a bike anyday over a car for the TIME BEING (i dont want to recieve flak for this). Because a car demands much more attention than a bike and its not that forgiving if you ever miss out to maintain it. Plus anything in a student life is utterly abused. also isnt cheaper on the pocket.

Bikes - I own a cbz-xtreme 2007 march model and 34,000 kms done on it. mostly been touring in karnataka either solo or with members from xbhp.

dream bike (realistic possible dream that is) would a fz-6 or a honda hornet. a practical usable bike with ample power.

Cars - I do not own any car , but my dad bought the Tata Indica Lxi V2 model (petrol) , light gold colour in may 2004. (He didnt buy a car from 1997 to 2004 since he didnt like any to his choice). its only 50,000 kms done till date since dad is a workaholic. But that doesnt mean he's sedate. He'd do 120kmph cruising speeds at the NH8 and did 140kmph on the AHmedbad-Udaipur Highway.

almost everything techical i know about cars is from dad. Differential gear, Universal joint, Gearbox, Clutch, Hydraulic Brakes , MPFI , Carburettors, FWD ,RWD, AWD systems, ABS , EBD etc etc. spent quite some time with him when he used to maintain the old Premier Padmini we had till 1997. Now the MPFI indica isnt possible to maintain without the service center.

Im patricularly inclined towards porsche's, fantastic engineered cars at the lowest of price ranges (for the competition ) , amongst the sedans I am towards lexus for the "n" no of features they incorporate in their cars but they arent "grunty" enough. Also im more towards Rally (citroen for their amazing suspension) cars than F1 cars since the former take so much abuse and yet they keep on going through insane conditions. Amongst the indian cars available the most practical car is see is the Swift (even dad says he'd have bought the swift had it been launched ealier) also have a liking for the Maruti Baleno which sadly didnt do well but its a great car.

On driving a car : I had got my license by going through WIAA Ahmedabad In Apr 2007. Dad had taught me beforehand in 2006 itself in the indica, which was a bit too powerful a car to begin with. and driving the alto without the power steering was well a bit suprising. also had stalled the alto at beginning since the indica used to move off at the slightest press of the accelerator and this alto had very poor pickup since it was a CNG converted car

Hopefully this wasnt a long boring essay that i've typed out, but my semester exams have finished a few days ago and I am just have too much free time

Cheers
Sudeep Chakraborty

Last edited by Technocrat : 12th January 2009 at 21:27. Reason: Smilie usage is restricted to two per post
Old 12th January 2009, 21:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

welcome !
you hardly qualify as a kid, besides, you'll find some very old kids with some very big toys around here
Old 12th January 2009, 21:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team-Bhp Xeno

Thats an interesting intro there.

Please do visit the Announcements section & get yourself acquainted with our Board rules.

Have a pleasant stay
Old 12th January 2009, 22:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP!!

Interesting introduction. You do not qualify as a kid.

You will find many old kids here.
Old 12th January 2009, 22:44   #5
BHPian

Hey Xeno,
Welcome to the Forum.
Old 12th January 2009, 23:00   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thats a nice intro Xeno. You will find many here who share your passion for motorcycles. The Indica is a workhorse and cheap to live with and yes one of the most comfortable back seats in the business, this side of the Ambassador.

Do take a look at the rules before proceeding further.

Welcome to Team BHP
Old 12th January 2009, 23:20   #7
Team-BHP Support

welcome to tbhp. well if your a kid im a newborn.
Old 13th January 2009, 23:23   #8
BHPian

Well i consider myself a kid since i have any any driving experience (2000 odd kilometers at most till date ever since i got my LMV license)

thank you all for the warm welcome !
Old 13th January 2009, 23:53   #9
Team-BHP Support

Hey Xeno,

Welcome aboard! Great intro.

I'm sure you'll have a grand time in the Technical Stuff section -- theres a lot of interesting info in there if you dig deep.

cya around,
R
Old 13th January 2009, 23:57   #10
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team BHP, 'kid'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
Well i consider myself a kid since i have any any driving experience (2000 odd kilometers at most till date ever since i got my LMV license)
Oh you should see the kind of opinions we get from people about cars they've never driven based on what Sir Google has to say - one would think a license and an age limit is required for that kind of stuff.

Feel at home. You're not alone, as you will doubtless find out.

Last edited by Steeroid : 13th January 2009 at 23:59.
Old 14th January 2009, 00:29   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Oh you should see the kind of opinions we get from people about cars they've never driven based on what Sir Google has to say - one would think a license and an age limit is required for that kind of stuff.
Steeroid, google is the next best thing since the internet I know of this. people quote blogs as sources of info (most do not have official statements) and swear by it to as if its their uncle's blogs. *sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hey Xeno,

Welcome aboard! Great intro.

I'm sure you'll have a grand time in the Technical Stuff section -- theres a lot of interesting info in there if you dig deep.

cya around,
R
yes Rehaan sir, i think ill lurk around in that section mostly. and another criteria would be safety and road responsibility. I invested in Riding gear(it made me poorer by 26k) for head to toe protection (Helmet, Riding Jacket, Riding Pants, Gloves, Kneeguards, Riding Shoes) which resulted in me not buying a better bike. but safety never hurts so i never leave the safe side. and hey the cbz-x is an underestimated bike

this is a pic of me and my steed , the HH cbz-x at DDhills as a usual ride on weekends (actually im going there in next 5 hours again )

Greetings from a kid.-25122008154.jpg

Cheers
Sudeep.
Old 14th January 2009, 01:41   #12
Senior - BHPian

Nice picture. Who do you think you are? A Desi Stig?
Old 14th January 2009, 01:55   #13
BHPian

Sadly I do not get the kind of attention by going out on a long ride with riding gear
people only follow rules because they might get fined for offense.

tumkur doesn't even have a helmet rule, forget seatbelt of a car rule.

-aunties hide their children,
-uncles pretend not to watch me but they keep looking at me from a corner of an eye while puffing their beedis.
- cops look at me at least thrice for any signs of a weapon
- my college mates call me stupid for buying protective gear ("mobile le letaaa")
Closed Thread

Most Viewed