Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2004, 16:40   #16

I would choose the cdi anyday, for a host of reasons!
1. put a brabus chip in and it starts to fly - literally
2. less polluting
3. amazing torque
The cdi engines are a technological marvel - ask anybody! brabus have a chip which boosts the bhp up 40% minimum!
as for alloys, I wouldnt recommend going above 18's for our road conditions.
i had 17's in my c-class and i had a problem with suspension getting screwed up in madras roads. the roads are a lot better now - so i say 18's. as for mumbai's roads, u have to decide for urself!

the exim policy is going to change this year itself - at least i hope it does.
basically 2004 is the last year for full WTO compliance! as 1/1/2005 is when the restrictions are fully lifted. so India has to be fully compliant before 1/1/2005.

i think the import duties will be coming down for sure - but i think the govt. will keep the restrictions on homologation. maybe they will start accepting homologation certificates from other countries - that remains to be seen!

my ideal situation is as follows - import a ducati 998 (or 999 - whichever i can get new), show homologation certificate from other country, pay 40% duty max (less if possible) and ride out of the port! nirvana! absolute nirvana!
Old 30th April 2004, 16:41   #17

i hope BJP comes back in with as large a majority as possible. this will ensure conitinuity!
if the congress comes in, my plans will be screwed - as everything will slow down!
Old 30th April 2004, 18:06   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]if the congress comes in, my plans will be screwed
Fat chance, the BJP it is going to be. Indians want continuity right now...no one is willing to accept change, more so after seeing what the Congress did for 50 years.

GTO
Old 30th April 2004, 18:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

Im not getting into politics lol dun wanna make enemies here...

Sawan i guess i'll end with to each his own. I really prefer petrol. I know CDI has it's advantages but my prefrence is Petrol. And like i said i dun think i'll touch the engine in the S class atleast not in india.

Abt alloys thanx for your advise maybe i'll stick to 18" as a lotta people say no for 20 or larger.
Old 30th April 2004, 18:22   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ April 30 2004,16:36)]what the Congress did for 50 years.
Fiat or Ambassador

Mama Mia - you have just seen Fiat's recovery plan, saved by one loyal italian
Old 2nd May 2004, 04:34   #21
BANNED

well guys wish i ws like in middle east no hassles in duties. u like a car irrespective of right or left hand drive all u have to do is drive. hey know somehitng esle... a toyota camry made in japan actulally costs less in dubai than in japan..cause of the conversion rate!
Old 2nd May 2004, 14:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Sat in a Rolls Royce the first time in Dubai
in 1995 still remember the moment
Old 3rd May 2004, 13:45   #23

my & my cbr at the race track:

my friend posing on my cbr. thats me in the white tank top. we were putting the road tyres back on the city. we had put racing slicks on the city for driving on the track:

photos of my bike off the net:

Old 3rd May 2004, 13:46   #24

Pics of my lancer with and without turbo:
Engine bay without turbo, with automech exhaust system:

Engine bay with turbo:

Side View:

Rear View:

In-Dash 5th Injector Controller Handset:

Under the hood Injector Controller:

Close-up of Turbo:
Old 3rd May 2004, 13:58   #25

Here are my Vectra Pics!
Side View:

Front View:

Front & Left View:

Rear & Left View:

Rear & Right View:

Rear View:

Engine Bay photographs to follow!
Old 3rd May 2004, 14:06   #26

Engine Bay of my Vectra with K&N Air Filter and Custom intake pipe:
Old 3rd May 2004, 16:00   #27
BHPian

man u can launch ur own team with the gig u have , very neat stuff * hey the exhaust in the vectra pic ( the one of the Rear & Right View) , u've changed the tip or is the entire system ..havto say they look very "borla"

Old 3rd May 2004, 18:53   #28
Team-BHP Support

man...those r some sweet rides u got there!
Old 3rd May 2004, 19:22   #29

hi kinetik - i have changed the end can itself. it is not a borla. it is one of singapore's local brands. FYI, I do have a plan of starting a race team just for the fun of it! To start with I am thinking of starting a kart racing team to compete in the Indian Rotax Max Kart Challenge (which will be held in Coimbatore and Bangalore). Maybe I will start this team next racing season! Anybody interested in sponsoring my team?

hi rtech - sad to say that i dont have all of them! i sold my bike off around 2 years ago. the guy who bought it (from chennai only) crashed it (he was drunk, not wearing a lid and had a girl as pillion). i heard it is now in Pune.
the lancer is now a mundane basic lancer. i pulled out the turbo around a year ago after blowing the engine from bad gas!
i have given the turbo kit to my friend now, who is putting it in his lancer. I am putting his normally aspirated mods (filter, bigger throttle body and full exhaust system) into my lancer. I will post photographs of these mods when the car is ready by the end of this week.
Old 3rd May 2004, 19:45   #30
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey Sawan,

Awesome garage you have there, but sorry to hear about the CBR accident and the Lancer blown engine.

The initial photographs of your CBR seem to be taken in another country, did you own it elsewhere and then import it? The CBR 600 is really one of the best balanced machines, not as heavy around the corners like its bigger engined brothers but lightning fast on the straights nonetheless.

Your Lancer really is a wolf in sheeps clothing, and I am certain you have shocked more than one Vtec owner. Any race stories or 0 - 100 times worth mentioning?

The front end of your Vectra is damn neat and clean looking. Just one suggestion, while the front number plate is well-proportioned and tight, the rear plate does look a tad bigger than it should be.

You southie guys really have all the luck when it comes to taking your cars down to the tracks. I think it was you who posted that the track can be rented by the hour, and you can do anything you want on it. If only there was something on similar lines close to Bombay, team-BHP would have a meet every weekend to test the racing and handling capabilities of our cars. I would give anything to check out the brilliant chassis of my C on the track, and touch 7000 rpm in the first three gears of my Vtec!

Thanks very much for sharing

GTO
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks