Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2004, 19:58   #31

Hi GTO - I had the bike in madras only. I bought it in Bombay though! The first 2 photographs were taken on one of our track days. The rest are from the net. I took them off the net as I din't have any close-ups of my bike.
I never got the chance of taking my boosted lancer to the track. My friend is putting my turbo on his lancer. His car shud be ready by this weekend. I will take some photographs when we take it to the track next time. I will also time his 0-100. How should I go about doing this by the way? My & my friends never cared (and still dont) for 0-100 times, as we all love corners. Even in my bike I mostly only cruised on straights and pelted in corners!
Talking about track days, its been ages since I drove on the track. i think I will fix up for this weekend to take some bikes and cars. The bikes which my friends currently own are - Suzuki TL1000S, Ducati Monster 900, Honda X4, Kawasaki ZX-12R, BMW F650 (2 of them) and a Triumph Bonneville. I also know some other guys who have R1's and Blades. If I can get all of them to go to the track together, it'll be one helluva day!
The cars will be my friends boosted lancer and 1 1.6 litre Mivec'd Lancer with NOS. his is the Mivec engine from the Lancer GSR, which he has transplanted into the Indian Lancer. He is currently transplanting the EVO 6 engine and transmission into another indian lancer. I will let u guys know how that one flies!

Old 3rd May 2004, 21:20   #32
BANNED

yo i think the vectra was really sweet;;;just loved the front grill. really smalland gives a cars an overall small look. looks really sporty man.hey what is the out put o the turbi u had there. can the same thing be used for a crdi engine. or what about a turbo deisel scorpio. forget abt the car chasis habdling it..how it work. or will it.?
Old 4th May 2004, 06:33   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (sawan @ May 03 2004,18:28)]I will also time his 0-100. How should I go about doing this by the way?
Hey Sawan!

superb stuff youve got happening!! you are really so lucky to be living so close to a track!!!

2 Qs
i- were the racing slicks on your city on steel wheels?
ii- how did you repair the damage in your lancer? was it the block or the head?

Saw ur Q on timing 0-100 and also noticed ur a big fan of the corners and then i though of something ideal for you.
U get these digital G-meters, they dont need to be connected to anything except ur lighter socket. Obviously they measure how many Gs ur pulling whilst cornering etc etc, but the new ones are quite inteligent in the sense that they can measure your 0-100times and 1/4mile times just by sensing how many g's ur pulling (in accelereation) and for what duration of time! pretty neat... no need for measuring distance or hardwiring for car speed!

cheers
Rehaan.
Old 4th May 2004, 06:38   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (vishnugnair @ May 03 2004,19:50)]or what about a turbo deisel scorpio. forget abt the car chasis habdling it..how it work. or will it.?
Vishnu... go to your mahindra dealer and find out for yourself !!
because the Scopio 2.6 does have a turbo indeed!

cya
R
Old 4th May 2004, 13:04   #35
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] U get these digital G-meters, they dont need to be connected to anything except ur lighter socket
Thanks for refreshing my memory Rehaan, I just ordered one off the net for $50. Just cant wait to start testing the 0 - 100 times of my cars, and improve my launch techniques. Plussssssss imagine what fun it will be to take along on saturday nites and check out friends modded cars, and their respective timings. Hehehehhe I am so excited I think I am going to give up clubbing for a while and just test the acceleration timings.

Sawan and Rehaan, here is the link to the G-Tech Pro. Dont waste your money on the $250 one, the other version does 99% of what the Comp version does and costs only $49.95 on ebay.

Will get mine by the month end and update you guys with pictures and timings.

GTO
Old 4th May 2004, 13:13   #36

Hey Vishnu - As for turning up the power on the CRDi, I think you can just put in a chip that turns up the boost electronically. Most of the newer cars will be able to handle this. You might have to add an intercooler though. You can check www.superchips.co.uk if they have any chips for the accent crdi (isn't this the car u were asking for?). You can also check with www.hve.com.au - HVE are Hyundai Vehicle Enhancements. They are the best Hyundai modders in Australia! If it is the Merc CRDi, you can just add a brabus chip and the car will literally start flying!
As for the turbo scorpio, I think you can manually turn up the boost on the turbo, but I would not recommend that! *Best to leave the scorpio as is!
Old 5th May 2004, 02:47   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rehaan @ May 04 2004,05:08)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (vishnugnair @ May 03 2004,19:50)]or what about a turbo deisel scorpio. forget abt the car chasis habdling it..how it work. or will it.?
Vishnu... go to your mahindra dealer and find out for yourself !!
because the Scopio 2.6 does have a turbo indeed!

cya
R
buddy it seems sawan has got the question. anyways....caio
Old 5th May 2004, 02:49   #38
BANNED

one morething sawan.. well the accent crdi all u need is like a chip .what abt the exhaust . is it mandatory to have a header kit and k n filters. well i was just curious of the scorpio. man the brabus chip huh in merc is surely a better option. saves a lot of time. add and chip and u r off...!!!!
Old 5th May 2004, 04:17   #39
Team-BHP Support

Hey Vishnu,

sorry i misunderstood..
cya
R
Old 5th May 2004, 19:25   #40

exhaust doesn't matter much on diesel cars. at least not as much as it matters in petrol cars.
for the merc cdi, all u need is the brabus chip. i have given some figures below from merc and brabus respectively:
C220cdi
before - 143bhp, 315Nm
after - 165bhp, 360Nm
C270cdi
before - 170bhp, 370Nm
after - 205bhp, 450Nm
E220cdi
before - 150bhp, 340Nm
after - 177bhp, 380Nm
E270cdi
before - 177bhp, 400Nm
after - 215bhp, 475Nm
E320cdi
before - 204bhp, 500Nm
after - 250bhp, 560Nm
S320cdi
before - 204bhp, 470Nm
after - 241bhp, 540Nm
Before specs have been taken from Merc UK www.mercedes-benz.co.uk.
After specs have been taken from Brabus www.brabus.com.
Old 5th May 2004, 19:39   #41

for the accent crdi, i think u can try a k&n air filter and see what happens.
pls remember that as all the new cars are fully computer controlled, it will take some time for the computer to 'learn' the changes and then make the change in the settings. What i am trying to say is that after putting the air filter, u might notice a small change in performance. but the real change will come only after around 500kms of driving the car, when the ECU has finished learning!
this is true for all cars with ECU's.
you might not notice a difference in the performance in those 500kms, but you will surely see a difference in the times.
Old 12th May 2004, 14:59   #42
BHPian

hi everybody!
This is still sawan. i have changed my screenname to BikerSG for apparent reasons!
I would have preferred the acronym SG, but the forum sign-up screen didnt let me use such a short one.
Old 23rd August 2005, 19:47   #43
BHPian

hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawan
Hey Vishnu - As for turning up the power on the CRDi, I think you can just put in a chip that turns up the boost electronically. Most of the newer cars will be able to handle this. You might have to add an intercooler though. You can check www.superchips.co.uk if they have any chips for the accent crdi (isn't this the car u were asking for?). You can also check with www.hve.com.au - HVE are Hyundai Vehicle Enhancements. They are the best Hyundai modders in Australia! If it is the Merc CRDi, you can just add a brabus chip and the car will literally start flying!
As for the turbo scorpio, I think you can manually turn up the boost on the turbo, but I would not recommend that! *Best to leave the scorpio as is!
I want to know about how to turn up the boost manually on the turbo in a scorpio and wht disadvantages....
Old 23rd August 2005, 19:52   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnugnair
buddy it seems sawan has got the question. anyways....caio
how a bout a K&N filter for the scorpio...is it available and whts the affect on the performance
Old 23rd August 2005, 20:19   #45
Senior - BHPian

Welcome sawan, excellent bike and wonderful cars there.. cheers an enjoy...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks