Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2009, 11:08   #1
BHPian

Hi from the U.S

Hey all.. Its great to see such a great community of car enthusiasts exist in India.

First a little about myself. I'm originally from Delhi, but have been in the US since 1999. Needless to say I'm a huge car fanatic. In the US, i've owned a few cars, most significantly a 2003 Lancer Evolution 8, modified to 340hp, and a 2005 Subaru WRX STI (US version with the 2.5l motor). The STI is also heavily modified and produces about 550hp/540tq.

I sold the evo a while back to get another subaru, a Legacy GT Spec B (270hp/6spd awd) to keep my STI company.

A few pics of the STI
Hawks Nest NYC Hill Climb

Scoop removal after FMIC

The Legacy

And finally the Evo.
Old 2nd February 2009, 11:21   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, that's some impressive list of wheels that you have had so far man.

Great to have you with us Prithwi. Do take a quick pitstop by our forum policies section. We'd appreciate that.
Old 2nd February 2009, 11:31   #3
BHPian

Oh.. and i forgot to mention, with the US economy in dismay, I'm planning to move back to Delhi sometime this year. Mostlikely am going to import the STI as a display/track use only car (if such a thing exists...)

My DayJob is : IT Strategy consultant with Deloitte.
Weekend Job: Work in my friends car shop(ATX Motorsports), where I design chasis/suspension/engine parts for turbo cars and also advise customers on how to modify their cars to achieve their goals (power, handling etc..) I work mostly on Evo's and STI's (since I know the most about em) but have also designed some high power 2G-3G Eclipse GSX's.
Also I race the STI in SCCA Pro SOLO, and various local track days(official and unofficial ;-))

I love India, its my home and cant wait to head back.... I will surely try and look at starting some sort of an import modification shop in Delhi, depending on demand. This stuff gets in your blood.. lol.
Anyhow, any questions/comments/suggestions feel free to PM me.
Old 2nd February 2009, 12:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Prithiwi, that's a nice collection of cars you've had over the years. Just wanted to warn you, importing an LHD car is no longer possible in India even under TR so you might have to sell your current car & import a different one.
Old 2nd February 2009, 16:38   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

You got a thing for Jap rockets, eh? Nothing beats their bang for the buck and driving feel (read : Not as refined as the Euros)! As an ex-EVO8 owner, what are your thoughts on the EVOX?

Quote:
I'm planning to move back to Delhi sometime this year. Mostlikely am going to import the STI as a display/track use only car (if such a thing exists...)
As Iraghava posted, you can't import a LHD. However, the good news is, plenty of used EVOs & Scoobies to choose from. Heck, any Delhi dealer would be only too happy to source you a brand new example (budget permitting).

Welcome!
Old 2nd February 2009, 17:13   #6
Team-BHP Support

Awesome! Another scooby owner on TBHP!

Great stuff. Check out our NYC meet w/ another TBHPian's EVO : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...-bhp-meet.html

Also, please look through our rules on posting photographs correctly : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html

cya around,
R
Old 2nd February 2009, 22:09   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Welcome to the forum Prithiwi, that's a nice collection of cars you've had over the years. Just wanted to warn you, importing an LHD car is no longer possible in India even under TR so you might have to sell your current car & import a different one.
Compared to the EVO 8 the X pretty much sucks everywhere but the handling and interiors. The addition of the AYC to the US model SIGNIFICANTLY reduces the understeer that is present in all AWD cars.

The X is slower, heavier, and has a bad gearing in the 5spd gearbox. The MR is nice with the 6spd Dual clutch automatic but still ridiculously underpowered.

For example a 8 or 9 could hit 60mph with a good launch in 4.2-4.5 seconds.
The X can will hit 60 over 5 secs no matter HOW u launch it.

Mitsu needs to refine the new chassis and engine a lot more to get it to the 8 or 9 level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Awesome! Another scooby owner on TBHP!

Great stuff. Check out our NYC meet w/ another TBHPian's EVO : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...-bhp-meet.html

cya around,
R
NICE !! Would love to meetup with you guys sometime... let me know the next time your meeting up in NYC.. i'm right there..

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd February 2009 at 22:34. Reason: Multi quote, back to back posts
Old 3rd February 2009, 10:21   #8
BHPian

Very nice man! I'm considering an Evo or Sooby myself. I'd love to talk to you about these cars sometime.
Old 4th February 2009, 01:47   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
NICE !! Would love to meetup with you guys sometime... let me know the next time your meeting up in NYC.. i'm right there..
Unfortunately thats not going to be for quite a while, since ive moved back to bombay.

Xsaraking and aah78 are still around though, and i can see you've already started up a tri-state meet thread. Goodluck!

cya
R
Old 4th February 2009, 02:09   #10
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the forum.
Please let me know when you guys meet as I can hop in too.. I am presently in New Jersey.
Old 4th February 2009, 21:12   #11
Team-BHP Support

meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Please let me know when you guys meet as I can hop in too.. I am presently in New Jersey.
We'd love it if you could join in! Keep an eye on this thread -> Tri State Meet (ny-nj-ct) USA

Last edited by aah78 : 4th February 2009 at 21:13.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks