Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2009, 16:16   #1
BHPian

Hi from Teja@Vizag

Hello Everyone,

I stumbled on to Team-BHP while researching about Force Motor vehicles. There is a wealth of information on this forum - the Force dealer sales guy was surprised I knew so much about the vehicle (Trax GAMA).

We currently have a 2007 Santro AT and a 2007 Ford Fiesta ZXI in the family. Apart from that I have a 1949 Morris Minor (my first car) that is in need of some serious restoration and a 1996 Yezdi Roadking (my first bike) that is in fairly decent form, and I continue to keep them for sentimental reasons .... & they also provide my family to have some fun at my expense :-D

We are currently looking for a people mover - Mom, Dad, Wife, Two Kids, Four Dogs, and an Aunt who lives with us plus myself. Innova seemed a bit expensive to me, and Xylo is not yet available in my town (and I am still a bit unsure about its engine refinement). I saw some Force Toofans on the road, and was surprised to note how similar they looked to the Mercedes G-Wagen. That started me on my research and to Team-BHP.

Many thanks to "Gurkha", "Samurai", "rhandle" and others who shared a lot of info about Force Motors (Bajaj Tempo) and their machines. I am now seriously considering buying a Trax Gama soon and will post here about my experience. The dealer has promised to arrange a test drive this week.

Cheers,
Teja

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th February 2009 at 17:49. Reason: 2 smileys max please.
Old 4th February 2009, 18:48   #2
BHPian

hello teja,
happy to see on board, enjoy the ride and share your part of valuable info back to us.
i am originally from vijayawada so familier of your part of andhra. infact i got into this site as i was searching for a 4x4 . also i heard about force and its performance , its a true tree climber .
have fun with it.
Old 4th February 2009, 19:08   #3
BHPian

Welcome Teja! What model is your Morris Minor,is it the Series MM or Series II? Post some pictures if possible. Iam planning a Vizag trip on March 7th and will catch up if possible.
Old 5th February 2009, 12:43   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt View Post
hello teja,
happy to see on board, enjoy the ride and share your part of valuable info back to us. i am originally from vijayawada so familier of your part of andhra. infact i got into this site as i was searching for a 4x4 . also i heard about force and its performance , its a true tree climber .
have fun with it.
Thank you.

I met the Force dealer again today morning. The 2WD Gama with AC + PS is available within 2 weeks, but they did not even have a quote for the 4WD with AC + PS. Also I wanted it with the BS-III engine and they were selling only BS-II engine in my town. The dealer had me talk to a business manager at the Force Motors factory in Pune. That person said that 4WD is only made on order, the delivery time is about 6 to 8 weeks and that I have to pay 50% as non-refundable deposit to book it

And even after all this I do not have a firm number on the price. The dealer promised to provide a written quotation for both the 2WD & 4WD GAMA by tomorrow. I will post it on the Force Gama thread when I get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai3033 View Post
Welcome Teja! What model is your Morris Minor,is it the Series MM or Series II? Post some pictures if possible. Iam planning a Vizag trip on March 7th and will catch up if possible.
Thank you Jai. My Morris is a Series MM. Infact it is one of the few in India with the low head-lights, they moved the head-lights to the top of the front fenders (the frog-look) sometime in 1949, I think. The car is under restoration for over an year now. The mechanic is a genius and comes up with a different excuse every month for the delay - I wish he used that ingenuity towards fixing the car.

Cheers
Teja

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th February 2009 at 13:25. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks