Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2009, 13:14   #1
Rocky77

Hello Mates !

I am Rakesh from the UK and was looking for some advice on Indian SUVs on Team BHP.I was very impressed by the huge repository of owner reviews and community threads that I ended up joining (found myself browsing the site for hours together) ! My current ride is a 94 Beemer 520i here which I will have to sadly let go as planning to relocate to India for good.Am a banker by profession and a die hard auto fanatic at heart !!Looking forward to interacting with all in this forum going forward !!

Kudos to the Moderators for such a well managed site !!

Regards

Rakesh

Old 9th February 2009, 15:47   #2
abk
BHPian

Welcome aboard Rakesh! Letting go a Beemer will certainly not be the most pleasant of all feelings. However, SUVs on the Indian remote and exotic terrains will comfortably patch on your driving fanaticism
Old 12th February 2009, 13:17   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My current ride is a 94 Beemer 520i here which I will have to sadly let go as planning to relocate to India for good.
Ouch, that's gotta hurt. One of the best 5 series generations ever! Nevertheless, I am sure your family will be delighted to have you back home. And hey, SUV choices are only expanding. Plus, the forever-delayed Fortuner is expected to finally arrive on our shores this year.

Welcome aboard, Rakesh. Hope to bump into you over on some interesting discussion.
Old 12th February 2009, 21:57   #4
Rocky77

Hi

Hi Abk- Thanks and looking forward to coming home ! Got hooked on the Tata Safari Dicor threads and called the Bangalore Concorde for a Mineral Red Dicor EX 4x2.They are offering me a 50k discount on the 2008 model totalling to 10 lakhs.I would rarely go serious offroading but am attracted to the 4x4 as well. What are your thoughts ?

The Beemer has been my best ride so far apart from a Landrover Discovery in an earlier Dubai stint.Guess Tata will be good for our Indian roads.

Looking forward to future interactions.

Cheers

Rakesh

Old 12th February 2009, 22:01   #5
Rocky77

Apologies GTO as typed your name as abk.

cheers

rakesh

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks