Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2009, 00:19   #1

Hi everyone

Hi all!
Just thought I would say hello, introduce myself..

My names Raj, Im from England unfortunately! Came across this website to see how the automotive scene is in India and I must say im impressed!!

I cant wait to come to india again not been there for 4 years..

As for cars..

I have a vw Polo.
It was a 1.4 engine but I got bored and changed the engine to a 1.8 turbo. I have done alot of work to it and now it is fully race spec'd.
The car made 453bhp which in a small car is crazy fast!

I love turbo cars, glad to see they are getting big in india, mind u the weather doesn't help there.

Not too sure about the uploading of photos on this forum yet so I will add some of my ride when I figure it out!!

Heloo again! And loving the forum...
Old 16th February 2009, 11:37   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome!

Quote:
The car made 453bhp which in a small car is crazy fast!
I just drove a 400BHP small / light car last weekend, crazy is an understatement. Link to driving experience. That's a pretty accurate BHP rating (@ 453 BHP)...fresh off the dyno? Good news for you is, there will be plenty of used Skoda RS' waiting for you when you get back to India. And yes, she runs the same VW 1.8 turbo engine. Decent after-market support as well.

Quote:
Not too sure about the uploading of photos on this forum yet so I will add some of my ride when I figure it out!!
There you go!

Great to have you with us.
Old 17th February 2009, 00:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

Woo, another 1.8t, and crazy spec at that! Welcome aboard!
Old 17th February 2009, 15:51   #4

Thank you! Just uploading some photos of my car now..

Yep its fresh off the dyno! I will upload the dyno read out also, made 453bhp @6349rpm abd 375lb torque @ 6349rpm, they both kept rising and my rev limit is actually 7500rpm so we think its more close to 500..

Great to know 1.8t's are big in India I personally think they are one of the best engines ever!

We once actually tried to blow up the 1.8t in a RS octy, the whole oil sump broke off! We red lined the car for 10mins with no oil and the engine still didnt seize up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome!

I just drove a 400BHP small / light car last weekend, crazy is an understatement. Link to driving experience. That's a pretty accurate BHP rating (@ 453 BHP)...fresh off the dyno? Good news for you is, there will be plenty of used Skoda RS' waiting for you when you get back to India. And yes, she runs the same VW 1.8 turbo engine. Decent after-market support as well.

There you go!

Great to have you with us.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks