Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2009, 13:11   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hi from Kolkata

Hi everyone,

I'm Aniket Sengupta, 27 years of age, corporate banker by profession and recently married. Avid interest in automobiles, music and reading (in that order).

The passion for anything on 4 wheels has been there since birth. An unshakeable reading habit (and a supportive dad) meant that by the time I was in secondary school, I was well-conversant on most legendary automobile marques in the world - their history, their landmark models and their positioning. My favourite marque of all is Mercedes-Benz, and my favourite car (all time) is the 1954 Mercedes Benz 300SL (the famous Gullwing coupe). Other favourite production cars include the Plymouth Road Runner Superbird, Jaguar E-Type, Jaguar XJ220, Nissan GT-R and the 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO (Road going version).

Of racing cars, I've always favoured Le-Mans and GT Racing over F1, probably because these are closer to road going models. Favourites include the Porsche 935/78 "Moby Dick", Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR and the Audi R10.

I am a reasonably fast driver, although I rarely cross safety limits. Leart driving in a 1972 Amby at the age of 15, and I believe anyone who's mastered driving in that car has a special ability to drive any other car in future very well! If for nothing else, the sheer effort required makes you a master driver forever!

Thankfully moved on to better machinery in the future. The family owned a M800 and an Indica (still there in the family). My own car is a Hyundai Verna CRDI SX ABS (black) which I bought in Sep 08. Quite a monster. I test drove 9 cars in the C & D segments before deciding on the Verna.

Long drives are my favourite, and I'm ready to do a 1000km trip at a moment's decision. Just FYI, our ancestral village is near Siuri town (close to Shantiniketan). Its a 550 km return journey, and I've done the entire trip in a day several times without breaking a sweat.

Also happened to be an avid biker for some years. Learnt riding at the age of 19 and bought a Pulsar 180 DTSi in 2004. Was associated with Xbhp and attended a few of their GTGs in Kolkata. In 2005 I moved to Goa (Goa Institute of Management) for my MBA, and found a group of like-minded bikers. The number of exhilarating trips we've done there are memories I'll carry till I kick the bucket. Right now the bike is 5 years old, and I still earn compliments from mechanics on how immaculately its been maintained.

My objective in Team-Bhp will be to meet up with like minded auto enthusiasts, share opinions (hopefully also offering mine ) and generally just enjoy being a petrolhead. To borrow an oft-used term, May our tribe increase!
Old 16th February 2009, 13:29   #2
Team-BHP Support

That's a long and detailed introduction. Check out our mad Kolkata bunch of members. They're loaded with energies.

Also take time to go through our board rules.
Old 16th February 2009, 13:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Aniket.

Your profile pic seems to have been shot at Salt Lake.

The Kolkata T-BHP gang is reasonably big. We keep having meets. Keep a watchout for the meet threads. See you soon.
Old 16th February 2009, 15:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the TBHP family Aniket !! I am sure you will enjoy the company of the Kolkata gang - the planets, the BPs, the shuv bros, the dackarbabus, the Exide-Man, Anirbans and all.

Looks like you will enjoy the Travelogue section which is loaded with information of all parrts of the country.

Abhi
Old 16th February 2009, 15:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hello and welcome to TeamBHP Aniket. Try to make it to our TBHP meets.

@ Kolkata members - Been a LONG time since we had a meet.
Old 16th February 2009, 15:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

are you aniket sengupta of South Point (99 HS)? edit: yes you are (checked your profile) - this is Sumantra.

XBHPians from kolkata who are members with this forum - thebagchi (the roadrollers group) & Gibran (forgot his handle - he rarely logs in).

welcome to Team BHP - i am sure you will have a ball of a time with us. please check out the kolkata meets (shifting gears > Meet section)

please go through the board rules as this forum is strictly moderated. hope to see you soon.

@ shuvd - hopefully we will someday

well that adds to the long list of South Pointers in Team BHP - the other pointers are:

1. Sumantra - planet_rocker 1999 HS
2. Pushpak - vrooooooom 1999 HS
3. Sumitro - BlackPearl 1999 HS
4. Nikunj - nikunj_cal 1999 HS
5. Shuvabrata - shuvd 1997 Madhyamik
6. Da Daktar (Shourjendra) - ultmatechamp
7. Siddharta - me_sid

Last edited by planet_rocker : 16th February 2009 at 16:07.
Old 16th February 2009, 15:56   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
are you aniket sengupta of South Point (99 HS)?

how about a pic of your verna?
View the snap in his profile for both.
Old 16th February 2009, 15:59   #8
Senior - BHPian

yes Mr. Rocker,

I am Aniket from SPHS 99 Batch. No wonder your name (got it from your email id) seemed so familiar when I was reading one of your posts a few days back!

Am eager to meet everyone in the Kolkata Team-bhp. And ShuvC, yes, my profile pic was taken in Salt Lake. Thats where I stay.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed