Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2009, 14:27   #1
xPK
BHPian

Hallo Folks!!!

Hi Folks,

I'm Prasad. I'm from Pune and I work as software professional. I don't own any car yet, but looking forward to buy one soon. (I guess it's been quite a long since I started looking). Came accross Team-BHP while researching. But frequently visiting it now (as a guest). And finally a member now.

- xPK.
Old 18th February 2009, 15:07   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Hallo to you too Prasad and welcome to Team-BHP.

Buying a car will get much easier now that you have all the opinions of Team-BHP members now. Then again, it might become more difficult seeing so many different opinions

Good luck with that, don't forget to read the Team-BHP rules and have a great time here.
Old 23rd February 2009, 17:35   #3
BHPian

You are at the right place

Hi Prasad,

Welcome to team BHP! I joined this forum when I was in a situation like you (planning of buying a car). I too had the same dilemma as yours... whether to go for a new car or a used one.

There are a lot of articles in here which will give you a lot of information about this. I decided to buy a used car for the following reasons:
1) Economy: a car depreciates the most in terms of cost in the first 3 yrs.
2) Life: If I buy a 3 yr old car (which will generally have 3k kms on the odo), it still has a good amount of its life remaining.
3) Trial: Since I was learning to drive, i figured I was obviously going to add a few scratches and dents on the car, and I would hate to see a scratch on a new car. (I realized I feel very bad even if the old car is scratched).

on the flip side:

1) Finding a good used car can be tedious, requires a lot of patience.
2) You will tend to like many cars, but take a trusted friend and someone who knows how to check out cars.

P.s: If you get a car from a known (distantly known) person also it makes more safer to buy it.

Wish you luck, and have fun looking for a car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks