Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2009, 20:08   #1
BHPian

Hello there!

hi everyone!

my name is sarang.
i have been visiting this forum for quite some time now. so not very new to it. just hadnt registered earlier.
i am an automobile engineer and am working with an OEM on hign and medium speed diesel engines in design as well as their calibration.

i have always been interested in automobiles and am happy to see like minded people.

i am a very proud owner of a 1984 RD 350 which is completely stock alongwith a baleno, swift, zen and the old faithful 800.

cheers y'all...

nitro
Old 27th February 2009, 12:49   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard, nitrogary. Many amongst us would give our right arm for that kind of work, would love to hear about your experiences (in a separate thread). Nice list of cars too, were any of them modified?

We'd appreciate your stopping by our board rules section, just once, for familiarisation.
Old 27th February 2009, 13:38   #3
rippergeo

Oh Goody!
A diesel engineer! But, none of your cars seem to be diesel, may I ask why?
Welcome to team BHP.

Old 27th February 2009, 21:24   #4
BHPian

thanks for the welcome gto & rippergeo.

i ll definitely write about some new stuff and things i have learnt at work. though i have been working for only a year, i have learnt a lot of things...

gto, none of the cars are modified...

ripper, for diesel cars, the usage must be justified by the higher price of diesel vehicles. it would make sense only if one were to use them for more than say 25-30 kms per day for a significant amount of time. the running of the cars we have is very little.

also, i have always been a petrolhead for 6-7 years. learn to appreciate diesel engines only after i started working on them..

thus, common rail technology and electronic diesel control according to me is the single greatest invention in the past 10-15 years.
next would be hybrid, hydrogen and solar

rega==RD==s
Old 1st March 2009, 01:12   #5
BHPian

Hi Sarang,

Im T-Rex. Your RD looks stunning. Hope you can help me find one .

Cheers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks