Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2009, 20:17   #1
BHPian

Hey Folks!

Found this forum on google and liked what I saw. Growing up in Pune since 1981, I started off with Hot Wheels and R/C cars. And as I grew up it became a passion. I was torn between my interest in aircraft and cars, but then who can afford a fighter jet!! So cars it is!
My list of cars started with the Premier Padmini, went on to the Maruti 800 and then the Santro. Then a painful hiatus while I tried to complete my MS here in Chicago. Finally it was back on the road in a 2003 Ford Focus. That recently gave way to a 2008 Civic Si; a car I have grown to adore.
I like my cars being black sleeper sports sedans. The look on peoples faces when they see what a sleeper does is priceless!
Looking forward I hope to be in an Evo or a M3 someday!!
Happy and safe driving folks!
Old 4th March 2009, 10:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

welcome noxy...does your birthday fall on March 20 or 21 (OR) September 22 or 23 (EQUINOCTIAL POINTS) anyways enjoy your stay & I hope you spend lot of time browsing these forums as I have started to do. Best Regards
Old 4th March 2009, 19:14   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the team! I know the painful hiatus you speak about, was on a shoe-string student budget when studying in the States. What university did you graduate from?

Quote:
Looking forward I hope to be in an Evo or a M3 someday!!
As would most of us! News has been rolling in about HM launching the EVO X soon.

We'd appreciate your taking a quick pitstop by our board rules section just once. Thanks
Old 4th March 2009, 19:56   #4
BHPian

Thanks guys! Hope to learn a lot here!!

@chanu: Not my birthday. However that is the 'call sign' I have been using in all my gaming!

@GTO: Read all the rules and will abide. Graduated from Illinois Institute of Technology. I recently saw the 2010 Evo MR at the Chicago Auto Show. Sat in it too. Unfortunately they dont let us drive! Have some pics if you guys are interested. I absolutely love the reshaped Lancer.
Old 6th March 2009, 11:27   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox22 View Post
I recently saw the 2010 Evo MR at the Chicago Auto Show. Sat in it too. Unfortunately they dont let us drive! Have some pics if you guys are interested. I absolutely love the reshaped Lancer.
Oh you bet! The X is awesome, though some evo diehards complain that it is not as hard-core as the VIII & IX. Who's complaining? Get it here, HM!
Old 6th March 2009, 20:22   #6
BHPian

Hey GTO, I sure hope HM gets it to India. Do you know if the Lancer Ralliart is available in India? Thats not a bad option either.
Old 7th March 2009, 13:48   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nope, no ralliart versions sold in India. Two discontinued generations with detuned petrols is all we get. Period.
Old 8th March 2009, 10:47   #8
BHPian

I hope that changes soon. With so many car manufacturers getting their best in India I dont see why HM should hold back.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks