Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2009, 00:14   #1

Hello from El Dorado, California, USA

Hello everyone. My name is Wayne, and I live in the township of El Dorado, California, USA. I am the proud owner of a 1991 Suzuki Samurai, I think sometimes referred to as a SJ-413, Sammi or Zuki. There are several models of the Samurai, and I am really only familiar with mine.

I appreciate the privilege of posting on your Forum, and being from another country, I will sometimes need your help in explaining myself. I admit to being a bit intimidated. Please do not hesitate to tell me if I post something offensive, or question me if you do not understand something I post. I will use American slang terms, and when I do, I will explain the term. If I fail to do so, please question me on it. Hopefully, I will adapt.

I have had my Sammi for about six years. Before I retired (July 2008) I drove my Sammi on weekends. Now it is my DD (daily driver). I towed my Sammi behind my '96 Dodge (DSL) truck and camper (TC), when touring parts of the USA, or just camping. I continue to use my Sammi with my TC. My truck and camper (TC) are also highly modified.

I started my modifications in July of 2008. I do my own mechanical work, fabrication and welding. At a glance, you will see the obvious mods (modifications), fiberglass top, lift, oversize wheels and tires, rock sliders, bumper, and winch. My Sammi is by no means the ultimate Sammi in the US, but it is very respectable, with clean, functional modifications. I do receive a lot of compliments on it. I do have some additional mods I will do.

If you are interested, I would be proud to post photos of my Sammi, truck/camper (TC), and answer any questions. I will also post photos of trails and other American Zuki's.

I have posted before and after photos of my Sammi.

Wayne
Attached Thumbnails
Hello from El Dorado, California, USA-2004_0624italy0002-small.jpg  

Hello from El Dorado, California, USA-my-zuki-2.jpg  

Old 4th March 2009, 01:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard,Wayne.
Nice off-roader you got there.There are a ton of Jeep enthusiasts here,and they'll have a lot of questions for you.

Have a great time here!

Old 4th March 2009, 01:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey Wayne, welcome to the forum! I'm sure our mod Khan_Sultan will be very interested in the mods done by you to your Suzuki! BTW it's called a Gypsy in our market!
Old 4th March 2009, 04:23   #4
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard reddog1!

We do have quite a few members in Cali.

The 4x4 section has really picked up steam on the forum, so im sure it will give you a lot to look at.

Heres a start : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...ners-pics.html

Also, do an advanced seard for the word "gypsy" in titles only and you will get a pile of great threads!

Do keep in mind that your introduction thread will automatically close in a few weeks, so do start a separate thread in the 4x4 section about your car if you wish to discuss it.

cya around,
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th March 2009 at 04:25.
Old 4th March 2009, 07:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to T-BHP, Wayne. Your Sammy sure looks good, post more about it in the 4x4 forum. Maybe you can explain some of the mods as well.

How about a tutorial on a DIY lift kit?
Old 4th March 2009, 07:55   #6

Nitin - Thanks for the welcome. Although my primary 4x4 interest is in the the Sammi (Gypsy), I might be able to contribute to the Jeep crowd. I welcome the questions.

iraghava - Obviously, I will have to be re-educated on many areas of my vocaburlary, starting with the Gypsy.

It must have been vary tough, on a safari, without a corkscrew.

Rehaan - I have lurked in the 4x4 section of the Forum, and found it quite interesting. That is probably be where I spend most of my time.

I will visit the link you suggest.

Thanks for the welcome.

Wayne
Old 4th March 2009, 08:04   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Welcome to T-BHP, Wayne. Your Sammy sure looks good, post more about it in the 4x4 forum. Maybe you can explain some of the mods as well.

How about a tutorial on a DIY lift kit?
Thanks for the kind words. I hope to contribute to the 4x4 Forum.

It would be great to explain my mods. If there is an interest, I would be happy to explain.

A tutorial an a DIY lift kit would be great.

Wayne
Old 4th March 2009, 10:21   #8
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP reddog1. There are many Gypsy lovers here in the forum & many many many suzuki fans too. You have come to the right place.
Old 4th March 2009, 10:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Wayne.
Would love to see picture of your other cars, past as well as present cars that you own.

Where did you hear about this forum?
Old 5th March 2009, 03:51   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1 View Post
iraghava - It must have been vary tough, on a safari, without a corkscrew.
Oh trust me Wayne, it was very tough indeed. LOL!
Old 5th March 2009, 07:21   #11

Wayne, I'm not all that far from you. I'm in West Covina, CA.
Old 5th March 2009, 10:14   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Wayne, Welcome to the forum. Nice to see some zuk enthusiasts here. I wonder how I missed this thread till now :-(

Look forward to knowing more about zuk mods for off-roading.

We have a good number of zuk lovers here and the off-roading scene in India is just beginning to hot up.

Do start a separate thread on all your modifications.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks