Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2009, 23:56   #1
BHPian

long time lurker introduces himself

Hi all,

First of all I must apologise (even if it may not matter to most, but i still feel guilty, so i must). I have reading this forum from early 2006 ..quite regularly, almost daily, for hours. And have never introduced myself. guilty of lack of basic curtesy.

I even registered once then. But before I could post, I forgot my password, forgot the email account to which it was linked..and did not have the heart to register in any other name. Then I was in college in bangalore. Had a bike (yam rxg), could not afford a car so did not think much about them, read xbhp and team bhp and was content.

In 2007 I graduated and moved to Bombay. Came into some money, and the desire to get a car fructified itself. I was still continuing to read the forum pretty close to daily; i guess the street experiences and travel section, the kind of passion and the enthusiasm that people show towards their vehicles, and the generally interesting writing from people in a time and background that one can understand, if not relate to..guess that kept me hooked.

Work was getting more and more boring; I slowly convinced myself I need material comforts (car) to keep me working for some more time. Team bhp did not help either; my mind went from swift diesel to second hand alto. Finally one sunday got sick of running from showroom to showroom, collecting brochures of cars and learning interest rates..I took an auto to Maruti True Value, chose a zen (a model i was sure was a peppy city ride), took a test drive, took out my credit card and bought the thing right there. Car was in good condition, so that helped make up my mind. Of course, it took me the next 4 months to pay the credit card bill (5 times my monthly salary!), but then when you need that car,u need that car right then.

At the time of purchase i had moved my reading team bhp to different level- close to 3 hours a day:(. I registered again. But you know how it is..i was so familiar with all the threads, the backgrounds...i felt awkward introducing myself. Further, I just never felt that I would contribute to the site by posting. But it just doesn't do well to take advantage of such hospitality.

So here it is.. I am a 25 year lawyer..work in a law firm in bombay. Have studied in law in bangalore for 5 years, and am from Orissa . Have a decent 2002 zen, which i go to office in, in which there is a basic music system (which i blast music from ).

Once in a month, I get out of office at around 11 pm. Fill petrol. drive to lonavla non-stop. Have a road side bun-omelette there at around 1 am. Withdraw cash from the ICICI atm at Khandala. Turn around and have fillet-o-fish burger at the highway macdonalds. And am at home, tucked in at 4 am.

Hope this intro makes amends. Cheers!
Old 4th April 2009, 03:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Manolin. You've got a real nice car there, the fun to drive factor she has is missing in most hatches today! And as they say better late than never!

Have fun!
Old 4th April 2009, 07:37   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post

Once in a month, I get out of office at around 11 pm. Fill petrol. drive to lonavla non-stop. Have a road side bun-omelette there at around 1 am. Withdraw cash from the ICICI atm at Khandala. Turn around and have fillet-o-fish burger at the highway macdonalds. And am at home, tucked in at 4 am. ...
That's life man. Enjoy and have fun.

PS: Now you can withdraw money from any bank ATM branch and you will not get charge. No need to drive so long to find the nearest ICICI ATM.
Old 4th April 2009, 08:46   #4
rippergeo

Quote:

Once in a month, I get out of office at around 11 pm. Fill petrol. drive to lonavla non-stop. Have a road side bun-omelette there at around 1 am. Withdraw cash from the ICICI atm at Khandala. Turn around and have fillet-o-fish burger at the highway macdonalds. And am at home, tucked in at 4 am.
The Good Life!
I need this sort of therapy weekly, but like you, have to satisfy myself with a monthly sunday morning drive. Some people ask me what the point is. You wont get questioned about the reason here.
Welcome to TBHP.

Last edited by rippergeo : 4th April 2009 at 08:48.

Old 4th April 2009, 13:42   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
First of all I must apologise
No need. we're just happy you're here! I notice that you've been posting a little for the past few months already, so you don't need to be told about them rules.
Quote:
*Rolling Eyes Cough-crazy-cough* you're nuts! And you quite belong here with these other nutty drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
PS: Now you can withdraw money from any bank ATM branch and you will not get charge. No need to drive so long to find the nearest ICICI ATM.
Is it true O sultan-of-swing? I keep hunting for HDFC ka ATM. I'm always afraid they'll remove extra money from my account and I won't even know. Bloody - there's no pass-book also. Stupid internet banks.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 4th April 2009 at 13:45.
Old 4th April 2009, 14:02   #6
Team-BHP Support

Hey Welcome aboard Manolin. Hope to see more posts from you.

That's a pretty instinctive decision on teh zen purchase.

I see you have stayed in bangalore for a few years as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Is it true O sultan-of-swing? I keep hunting for HDFC ka ATM. I'm always afraid they'll remove extra money from my account and I won't even know. Bloody - there's no pass-book also. Stupid internet banks.
Government regulations now allow you to withdraw from any ATM with no extra charge. Came in newspaper last week.
Old 4th April 2009, 19:56   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
WOW now that is a therapy for office blues

Welcome aboard.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed