Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2009, 12:32   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Yes, vista does seems sturdy but its surely not as bulletproof as you are trying to portray it to be. Maybe the pics of your vista and also the zen may prove your point, but until then I will take it with a huge pinch of salt. No offense, just my views which may or may not be correct.

Regards.
Never said that the vista is bulletproof. but it is football and stray dog proof, unlike the swift
Old 1st May 2009, 12:47   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Never said that the vista is bulletproof. but it is football and stray dog proof, unlike the swift

People intend to buy a Car when they put down their money and if they wanted something football and dog proof they are better off with a used truck. As a matter of fact, if you go by crash tests, its again the swift which turns out to be more safe. Yes, indica may seem to be 'dog proof' and stuff but ultimately when it comes to accidents its the occupants that need to be safe, not sheet metal.
Old 1st May 2009, 13:15   #33
Senior - BHPian

um, the Export spec versions are still not ready,the crash test results for the Indica aren't available yet. Or do you know something that we don't?

PS: and you sir, are driving around in a car which has barely 2 stars in the EURO NCAP , and preaching to us about safety

Last edited by greenhorn : 1st May 2009 at 13:16.
Old 1st May 2009, 14:49   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
um, the Export spec versions are still not ready,the crash test results for the Indica aren't available yet. Or do you know something that we don't?

PS: and you sir, are driving around in a car which has barely 2 stars in the EURO NCAP , and preaching to us about safety
Export spec or not, the kind of safety standards tata has is well known to all of us.

PS: My kindest apologies for you, seems that you get hurt and quite emotional when it comes to criticsm for TATA products. As for my car, even if it had 0.25 star rating, it does not have an old age engine (as in Indica), has electricals that may survive those of 5 indicas, does not breakdown, pollutes less and has a far better driving experience than any of the TATA cars.
And it will really be appreciable if you may stop with your worthless comparos. Next you may compare an Indigo with a W124 and then talk about
Indigo being a better deal because it has clear lens headlamps.
So please keep it to swift and vista only. You may go on with your silly statements in some other thread and I may reply appropriately there.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 1st May 2009 at 14:51.
Old 1st May 2009, 15:39   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Export spec or not, the kind of safety standards tata has is well known to all of us.
Strangely, I am not too sure what you mean. And I'm sure a lot of us others dont either. could you elucidate?

Quote:
PS: My kindest apologies for you, seems that you get hurt and quite emotional when it comes to criticsm for TATA products. As for my car, even if it had 0.25 star rating, it does not have an old age engine (as in Indica), has electricals that may survive those of 5 indicas, does not breakdown, pollutes less and has a far better driving experience than any of the TATA cars.
And it will really be appreciable if you may stop with your worthless comparos. Next you may compare an Indigo with a W124 and then talk about
So please keep it to swift and vista only. You may go on with your silly statements in some other thread and I may reply appropriately there.
For the record, The indica has a 3+ star EURO NCAP rating

I'm neither hurt nor emotional when it comes to tata products. in fact, I'm quite critical of them myself. But you have to give them credit where it is due. While I do not claim that the vista has any sort of superior crash protection, You are talking through your hat when you say that it is worse.

Could you care to support your statements which you have given here ? I have stated only facts here. have you?

Sure, I can keep it to the swift and vista.
Old 1st May 2009, 15:42   #36
BHPian

So I think there is no end to it. It is like comparing Melody & chocolaty or Coffee & toffee ads.

But two things which i concluded are :

1. No matter I buy Vista / Swift both are gr8 cars & are no less then the other one though each has its own merit.

2. It depends on user perception which is better for that particular user.

As the car is being brought for my dearest lady (who is still in US) , Will let her decide which one she wants.

PS : I will keep my fingures crossed or by the time she returns she would say forget all this i want a BMW 3 series
Old 2nd May 2009, 12:24   #37
BHPian

Quote:
+ 1 to that.

Greenhorn going on and on about a mediocre car.

Now coming to the ACI figures .

Swift Vista
0-60 5.22 6.35
0-100 13.87 16.36
20-80 11.96 11.79 (beats the swift in 20-80 acceleration by 0.17s)
40-100 14.14 14.87 (has a comparable 40-100 timing,0.73 secs behind)
So,a 0.17s means beating the swift and 0.73s behind means
comparable,now thats what I call TATA marketing although some might call it weak in maths
Exactly your words as mentioned in the previous post.

Top Sp 160 151 (OMG,stops at 151 only,Swift will be ahead)
FE(City) 14.4 13.6 (More FE in city)
FE(Higway) 19.1 16.7 (More FE even on highways)
ABS Option No (Greenhorn,ABS isnt a safety feature I assume)

And lets not forget,Swift although more expensive than the Vista,sells much much more than the Vista.

And Safety features which the TATA have never heard are ABS,EBD,Airbags(nowhere in the Vista,Indica,Indigo etc).Maruti was the 1st mass manufacturer in India to come up with ABS,EBD,Airbags even in small cars.Give credit where due.

So,taking into account all the above things,I feel the Vista is better.I hope Greenhorn would agree to this as well

Last edited by joy_swift : 2nd May 2009 at 12:30.
Old 2nd May 2009, 13:53   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, this is a introduce yourself thread and NOT a car comparison thread.

Welcome Anup. Have a nice stay here and have fun & enjoy mate. Do read the rules/announcements section.

Thread Closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed