Team-BHP - Anustup - Proud owner of Vista!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Anustup - Proud owner of Vista!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/56992-anustup-proud-owner-vista.html)

Hello All,

I have newly joined this great forum. I own an Indica Vista which is also my first car. Its of the Aqua TDi variety and currently giving 13.8 km/l mileage after going 2800 km. I am very impressed with its spacious interiors and look and feel. Really driving to office in my new Vista listening to ghazals is something I look forward to everyday - even going to office has its charms it seems:)

Cheers,
Anustup

Quote:

Originally Posted by anustup_vista (Post 1264663)
Hello All,

I have newly joined this great forum. I own an Indica Vista which is also my first car. Its of the Aqua TDi variety and currently giving 13.8 km/l mileage after going 2800 km. I am very impressed with its spacious interiors and look and feel. Really driving to office in my new Vista listening to ghazals is something I look forward to everyday - even going to office has its charms it seems:)

Welcome to the TBHP family.

I know how much you went through before finally purchasing the VISTA clap:

Even a staunch SWIFT loyalist like me couldnt deter you :)

As the philosophers say 'Different religions are different paths leading to the same God" so I say " Vista & Swift are different paths leading to individual driving salvation" (forgive this PJ!!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by joy_swift (Post 1265896)
Welcome to the TBHP family.

I know how much you went through before finally purchasing the VISTA clap:

Even a staunch SWIFT loyalist like me couldnt deter you :)

Welcome ji.

Please start a new thread on the ownership experience along with some pics. We are waiting.............

Congratulations for having this wonderful car looking forward for a good review fro myour side

Welcome onboard dear.

So how do you rate your Indica Vista vis a vis to Swift VDI as I have to purchase one of the two. Third choice being Logan Diesel

Sam,

I did a TD of both the Swift VDi and the Vista Tdi.

Engine
Swift - 9.5
Vista T - 7.0
Vista Q - 7.5

Although Vista Quadrejet and Swift Vdi share the same FIAT engine,the Suzuki has got more out of the engine.0-100 takes 12secs,4 secs faster than the Vista Q.Vista TDi takes around 17s.

Transmission
Swift - 9.0
Vista T - 7.5
Vista Q - 7.5

Ride and Handling
Swift - 9.0
Vista - 8.5
Handling better in Swift,Ride a tad better in the Vista

Interiors
Swift - 8.5
Vista - 8.5
Swift interiors more adventorous,Vista interiors look better in biege.

Space
Swift - 7.0
Vista - 9.0
You just cant imagine how spacious the Vista is until you board one.Lot more spacious than the Swift.Some ppl feel the rear seat in Swift is claustrophobic.

Fuel Efficiency
Swift - 9.5
Vista T - 8.5
Vista Q - 9.0
Swift gives around 15kmpl,Vista Q around 14.5 and Vista Tdi around 14.

A.S.S
Maruti - 9.9
TATA - 8.0
Overall,A.S.S of Maruti is much better than TATA although its catching up.

VFM
Swift - 8.0
Vista Q - 9.5
Vista T - 9.5

Overall,
Swift Vdi - 70.4/70
Vista Qdj - 67.5/70
Vista Tdi - 66.5/70

I feel overall Swift is the much better car if you can ignore the space part although as per my marks,you can see all are pretty close.

It also depends which car you find better looking(absolutely subjective).

I would suggest you take a TD of both,mark the parameters and take the decision for yourself.

Cheers,
Joy

Thanks a lot Joy,

Thats a lot of information which is very useful.

End Result : I think my better half was right to choose Swft over Vista as for her I am searching something & you were very true when you said, Looks matter & they are subjective. Final choice is Swift :)

Hi Anustup,

Welcome to TBHP. The Kolkata TBHP crowd is very active, and you'll find a good mix of cars and petrolheads. Check out details of our latest meet.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...il-2009-a.html

Feel free to post any automotive queries. By the way, the discussions you seem to having here are usually reserved for the "What Car" section.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joy_swift (Post 1270144)
Sam,

I did a TD of both the Swift VDi and the Vista Tdi.

Engine
Swift - 9.5
Vista T - 7.0
Vista Q - 7.5

Although Vista Quadrejet and Swift Vdi share the same FIAT engine,the Suzuki has got more out of the engine.0-100 takes 12secs,4 secs faster than the Vista Q.Vista TDi takes around 17s.

Transmission
Swift - 9.0
Vista T - 7.5
Vista Q - 7.5

Ride and Handling
Swift - 9.0
Vista - 8.5
Handling better in Swift,Ride a tad better in the Vista

Interiors
Swift - 8.5
Vista - 8.5
Swift interiors more adventorous,Vista interiors look better in biege.

Space
Swift - 7.0
Vista - 9.0
You just cant imagine how spacious the Vista is until you board one.Lot more spacious than the Swift.Some ppl feel the rear seat in Swift is claustrophobic.

Fuel Efficiency
Swift - 9.5
Vista T - 8.5
Vista Q - 9.0
Swift gives around 15kmpl,Vista Q around 14.5 and Vista Tdi around 14.

A.S.S
Maruti - 9.9
TATA - 8.0
Overall,A.S.S of Maruti is much better than TATA although its catching up.

VFM
Swift - 8.0
Vista Q - 9.5
Vista T - 9.5

Overall,
Swift Vdi - 70.4/70
Vista Qdj - 67.5/70
Vista Tdi - 66.5/70

I feel overall Swift is the much better car if you can ignore the space part although as per my marks,you can see all are pretty close.

I would suggest you take a TD of both,mark the parameters and take the decision for yourself.

Cheers,
Joy

Hi,
A rating has already been done in this thread also (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...t-ddis-16.html) with absolutely correct counter arguments put forth by other members. Just like in the other thread, please refrain from being biased in your opinion.

Samtheleo - Please refer this post before taking your final decision:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1250032-post229.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick1977 (Post 1270518)
Hi,
A rating has already been done in this thread also (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...t-ddis-16.html) with absolutely correct counter arguments put forth by other members. Just like in the other thread, please refrain from being biased in your opinion.
[/url]

@Maverick - I dont understand what "biased" means?

You do a TD and give marks according to what you feel,it might be different from others but thats what makes each of us different.

Even the ratings you see in auto mags are done by a particular person and that are his individual opinion,you cant say he is biased :)

I had given the ratings on what I felt and its upto Sam to agree/disagree with me after taking the TD himself.

But to be honest,between the Vista and the Swift,the Swift comes out on top in every shootout done by any auto mags.Not everyone can be wrong lol:

Btw,take a 0-100 sprint in both the Vista and the Swift and check the diff for yourself(a clear 4-5 secs)

Everyone does not want 0-100 yardstick to guage a cars superiority. For me as a new owner of swift, now think vista suits my style of driving. I rarely exceed 85 kmph and till date has never gone past 2200 rpm.Vista's powerband is from 1700rpm so that means less gear shifting whereas in swift its 2000-2100rpm. The main reason I ddid not consider Vista was my previous bitter experience of owning an Indica which I had to sell off at a loss within 1.5years and 27000kms. Many may disagree with this but this is what I found out now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joy_swift (Post 1271438)

You do a TD and give marks according to what you feel,it might be different from others but thats what makes each of us different.

Even the ratings you see in auto mags are done by a particular person and that are his individual opinion,you cant say he is biased :)

I had given the ratings on what I felt and its upto Sam to agree/disagree with me after taking the TD himself.

But to be honest,between the Vista and the Swift,the Swift comes out on top in every shootout done by any auto mags.Not everyone can be wrong lol:

Btw,take a 0-100 sprint in both the Vista and the Swift and check the diff for yourself(a clear 4-5 secs)

Thanks a lot Guys :),

I think Me & my Better half would also fall in the same category as in me supporting Vista & she Swift. But as this is for her , we all will let her Decide :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by joy_swift (Post 1271438)

My dear friend you can be rest assured that the rating that are given by magazines are not of 1 individual. In fact they are based on a number of parameters pre-set for testing every vehicle. The auto mags are very careful in rating because one mistake can prove to be very costly for them.
Swift has not won on every occasion. One of the issues (not sure which month) of WhatCar? (car buyers guide from Autocar) has actually rated the Vista to be better than the Swift.
As already stated by DK, 0-100 sprints are not a parameter to judge every car. People who drive alone & want to drag race like maniacs on every signal should MOST definitely buy the Swift.
On the other hand if you need a car which comes very close to the swift in terms of performance & carries 5 adults in very good comfort then the Vista is the best choice.
The price difference & no. of features in both the Swift & Vista are impt. thing to consider before making the final choice.
Lets not influence any one before he/she does a TD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick1977 (Post 1272133)
My dear friend you can be rest assured that the rating that are given by magazines are not of 1 individual.

I am sorry but the ratings are for that particular person who TD's the vehicle.You can find the name under the column who has done the TD.

Also,am not sure what you mean by "influence"?

If you feel a product is good,you tell people about that.That happens in every product,let alone cars. lol:

In this case,I think that the Swift is a better car overall(my opinion).And everyone has an opinion,right?

And also,it seems you havent gone through my post and ratings.

Space
Swift - 7.0
Vista - 9.0

VFM
Swift - 8.0
Vista Q - 9.5
Vista T - 9.5

For both the space and VFM,I have marked the Vista much much higher.

Also,part of my post says "Overall,
Swift Vdi - 70.4/70
Vista Qdj - 67.5/70
Vista Tdi - 66.5/70

I would suggest you take a TD of both,mark the parameters and take the decision for yourself."

So,you can clearly see that I have left the decision upon Sam to take a TD of both and decide for himself.