Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2009, 23:32   #1
BHPian

Howdy

Hello my name is Michael, and I am 25 years old currently living in Tampa, FL. I have family in India and hope to reconnect with them soon. I currently drive a 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX that is fully modified for off road use. I am an internet writer, currently working for Examiner.com as the "Tampa Sports Car Examiner"; it is a fun job and I enjoy it very much.

Here is a picture of my 02 wrx at Croom, FL

My articles:
Tampa Sports Car Examiner

You can see pics and learn more about my subaru at:
Subaru Off Road

I also have a streetfire account, you can see vids of it there:
subaru-offroad's profile on streetfire.net

Beyond what I do on the internet, I also enjoy modifying and racing vehicles. I've successfully built my WRX to go 120 mph in the deep sand and take abuse like jumps, bashing into rutted paths and more. It's really fun! I've done about 70 modifications to the WRX and they can be found on my blog. I look forward to contributing my knowledge to the forum whenever I can.

I've read through the forum rules, and I'm looking forward to participating here. I've been at other forums, that are basically sess. The members don't treat each other with respect, trolling is allowed to occur, and worse the mods don't do anything about it. I hope this forum is different, and by reading the rules it seems like it is.

Looking forward to networking with you!

Michael Berenis
Attached Thumbnails
Howdy-img01035.jpg  

Howdy-img00951.jpg  

Old 24th April 2009, 01:23   #2
BHPian

Here is some more pics of my car just for fun
Attached Thumbnails
Howdy-img00736.jpg  

Howdy-img00972.jpg  

Old 24th April 2009, 02:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard, Michael!
Good to see a Subaru fan onboard. (actually, there are quite a few here on TBHP).

Any modifications done to the beauty ?Do you get to take the car on the track anytime?
Old 24th April 2009, 03:36   #4
BHPian

Here is the mod list:

3gsucks ECU Offroad tune@ 19.5 psi stock Td04
TGV Delete & PNP
Phenolic Spacers
PNP Throttle Body
PNP Intercooler Elbows
PNP Intercooler Exhaust Port
PNP Exhaust Manifold
PNP Cross-Over Pipe
PNP Up-Pipe
PNP Turbo Exhaust Inlet
PNP Turbo Outlet
PNP Turbo Inlet Hose & Turbo Inlet
PNP Inlet/Maf Hose Connection
Port MAF Tube Exit
Godspeed Lateral Links
Megan H-Brace
Generic Rear Strut Tower Brace
Header Heat Wrap
Cross Pipe Heat Wrap
Up Pipe Heat Wrap
Down Pipe Heat Wrap
Custom Turbo Shield w/ chimney port
Perrin Up-Pipe
Perrin Down-pipe
Perrin Manual Boost Controller
Perrin Front Sway Bar
Perrin Front Sway Bar Endlinks
Perrin Rear Sway Bar
Perrin Rear Sway Bar Mount
Perrin Rear Sway Bar Endlinks
Perrin Shifter
Perrin MAF Hose
Perrin TB Hose
Perrin TMIC Y-Tubes
Silicon Turbo Inlet Hose
K&N Filter Element
Freedom Design Front Tower Brace
STI TMIC
TMIC SPRAY
Primitive Racing Front Skid Plate
Primitive Racing Rear Differential Skid Plate
Oversized Sumotumo tires (spelling??)
Momo Shift knob
AEM UEGO
Digital Intake Temp Sensor Post TMIC
Aircraft Quality Fuel EVAP Line
Aircraft Quality Clamps
Aircraft Quality Vac lines and T's
Gauge Option Package (Oil Temp Volt Boost)
Custom Cold Air Intake for Street / Modified Stock for Offroad
Air Intake Silencer delete mod
No Cats
Flowmaster Exhaust & Polished Tip
CF Wing Risers (not pictured)
Ebay Cheap $4i7 WRC Lights (not pictured, and i know they suck--please dont flame-- but i go offroad i dont wana catch a rock in the expensive OEM!)
TB Coolant Bypass
Up pipe Brack Removal
Coolant Res Paint Removal
Relocated Coolant Lines
Blue Painted Calipers
Brembo Drilled & Slotted Front Rotors
Brembo Drilled & Slotted Rear Rotors
Mats (lol i know not needed but listed anyways)
Hella 500 Driving Beams & Stone Covers
Custom Auxiliary Light Mounts
Turbo XS radiator shield
Nitrogen filled tires by Tires 2
Old 5th May 2009, 21:49   #5
BHPian

Wow.. thats a mean machine you got there Michael.
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll make a lot of friends here.
Old 5th May 2009, 21:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard!!

That has to be one of the most modded rides on the forum. Can we have some off roading pics..
Old 5th May 2009, 23:09   #7
BHPian

It indeed seems to one Hell of a Babe. Wonder what would be the worth if we would want something like that in India? Wonder wether we can ever have something like that in India. May be in Next 100 years
Old 6th May 2009, 02:06   #8
BHPian

I'm not sure how much it would be worth, but I know it would be fun! Watching the Team-BHP vid of the STI going to the valley was awesome. The roads out in the country with the mountains look very curvy and fun!
Old 8th May 2009, 10:24   #9
D-Man

I liked Subaru's since the day I saw Rally's on Doordarshan. I loved Subaru the day I first drove it on Sega. I want a Subaru since the day I sat in one. The one thing i hate is there is not so much love for Subaru in US as it is else where for instance 'India' 'Australia' 'Middle East'. I just felt that the crowd in USA dont really know whats a WRX

Old 8th May 2009, 13:52   #10
BHPian

I hope you enjoy reading about Subaru content! I really enjoy Subaru, and the friends that come with ownership. It's almost like Subaru people here are all on a team together, sort of like Team-BHP but unofficial. I guess you could say the Subaru culture is underground somewhat, because of it's minority in comparison to Honda, Mitsubishi, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, and Toyota just to name a few. I'd like to experience Subaru culture in all areas of the world, that would be amazing!

My favorite performance company in America for Subaru is Crawford Performance because they make awesome engines and fast cars. Crawford Performance ran their first race of the season, "2009 season opener" with only rear wheel drive, in an all wheel drive race and won. Then later in this years season, they broke the record at Firebird. Crawford Performance is hands down the best Subaru performance shop I've seen. They have a great driver too, ‘Tarzan’ Yamada.

Subaru is awesome, I really enjoy the Subaru group. Subaru means "unite" and it really brings people together.
Old 8th May 2009, 14:24   #11
D-Man

Ya lately i did realize that... i havent gotten myself that cored up as i always wanted a subaru.. but you know i do know what you are trying to say in regards to unite... imagine this.. i was once in my 04 civic which i manage to put in lot of preppy stuff mostly cosmetic... i was driving on a so called Expressway .. hit the light and i hear this distant exhaust guess what it was a wrx... and its natural that he turned his head and so did i and we looked at each other... He had a wicked grin (boy your are a toddler)... the only reason i followed that car is because i wanted to hear that exhaust... its different than a T-bird or even different than a camero(old one)...

Note from Mods : Please try to use punctuation properly and do...not...type...like..this. Take a look at this thread (Expected Posting Etiquette) for more details. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th May 2009 at 19:31. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.

Old 8th May 2009, 15:02   #12

hahaha! your car brings old memories fresh! I used to have the Bugeye STi Prodrive. Nice car and very nicely modded. Hope to see you around!
Old 8th May 2009, 20:11   #13
BHPian

welcome!

hi!
Welcome to team bhp.this is 1 place you cant show your feelins & ego just pure practical experience is what i learnt bein here.anyways SUBARU is a word very close to my heart & seeing an impreza with 67 mods makes be go bonkers.i own a SUBARU(chevy) forester.i have a lots to know from you.awesome car & superb mods.
Happy teambhping!
Happty teambhpin!!!!
Old 10th May 2009, 11:52   #14
BHPian

Thank you for the warm welcome nandishpal and MGB Evo! I'm glad you enjoy my subaru nandishpal, I appreciate the feedback. It's nice to connect with you nandishpal, I always enjoy communicating with other Subaru lovers. You've probably already seen this video, but I thought I would share it with you. It is the most touching Subaru commercial I have ever seen. The first time watching, it brought tears to my eyes.

MGB Evo, so I see you converted from Subaru to Mitsubishi. That is a very nice Evo you have, do you have a list of mods for it? I'm sure the Prodrive STi was amazing. Prodrive does a really good job. Out of all the Subaru's the Prodrive and the 22b are my favorite (outside of Crawford performance). Please share some pics of the Prodrive friend! The Evo too if you have them, I always appreciate both sides. The Evo can make more power with less mods, but the Subaru handles better in my opinion. After owning both, what is your opinion of the two?

"Love. It's what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."
Old 11th May 2009, 11:40   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoloseven View Post
MGB Evo, so I see you converted from Subaru to Mitsubishi. That is a very nice Evo you have, do you have a list of mods for it? I'm sure the Prodrive STi was amazing. Prodrive does a really good job. Out of all the Subaru's the Prodrive and the 22b are my favorite (outside of Crawford performance). Please share some pics of the Prodrive friend! The Evo too if you have them, I always appreciate both sides. The Evo can make more power with less mods, but the Subaru handles better in my opinion. After owning both, what is your opinion of the two?
My list of evo mods are quite a few but not as long as ur list! I have enuf power now so now im moving towards getting it ready for the track. Have to get my hands on everything i can before November. (Gulf Run)

Will surely post pics soon but for now, i have already posted a vid and a few pics in my Intro thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introd...llo-q-8-a.html

I like how u said "(outside Crawford Perf)" LOL! that machine is out of the world! Now about the Evo Suby thing, here is my opinion - Evos for mod to mod, get better numbers. Suby's - The interior is way over what the Evo has. Power wise, the boxer engine in limited to 600 hp and after that we are looking at a winch queen IMO.

Handling wise, nothing can beat the DCCD! Nothing. We have the YAW control and yes, that does help but the suby is definately a level higher.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks