Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2009, 00:01   #1
BHPian

Team BHP is my Full Time Job

Hello Team BHP
My name is Samrat and was born in Dallas 24 years ago, lived all my life in Baroda, Gujarat, India. Went to Purdue University for my undergrad and now i live in Chicago since last 8 months. I work for ArcelorMittal as a Planning Analyst and technically that is in Indiana state so i drive 50 miles one way to get to work everyday.
Usually the drive gets boring as i spend 3 hours in car everyday (specially just before and after work don mot fun). But sometimes i just love the drive as the roads are just waiting for me to jet over them in my prized possesion BMW M3. I am completely in love with my car and i bought the M3 for a reason.
Since childhood like most of you guys here i have dreamed about driving any and everything on wheels and beleive me i have steered some pretty crazy things on wheels.
Few months ago I came across the site as a random google search and since then i have been glued to the site. Since the economic downturn is USA things have been quite slow and since i am still in the taining phase i practically dont have much to do and this site has been my best friend forever.
I plan to settle back in India soon (probably in a year or two ) so this site has proved to be awesome to keep me updated with the automobile industry of India.
Old 24th April 2009, 02:21   #2
Team-BHP Support

E46

Welcome to Team-BHP!

Is it the E46 M3 that you own? - it's an awesome machine. .
Hope you have a lot of nice long drives in it before you make the long boring trip on an airplane back to India.

Take some time out to familiarise yourself with the posting rules, etc.

Enjoy!
Old 24th April 2009, 02:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard, Samrat.
Nice ride you got there! Do post some pics of the M3.
Old 24th April 2009, 02:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

Make sure you bring that thing back here, otherwise you will have nothing remotely as exciting for your commute.
Old 24th April 2009, 03:03   #5
BHPian

Dont even think of coming back to India without that Beamer!!

Welcome to the forum and I completely agree with you. When noone is around and your lonely, Team BHP is the best friend you can have. Since the day I've found it, I never find myself lonely again!
Old 24th April 2009, 03:55   #6
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Hey man,

That is THE M3 I've been wanting to buy for so bloody long ! someday soon..anyway, such a friggin awesome machine that is...welcome aboard...

P.S: I'm going to be in Chicago from Fri, 24th April-Wed..would love to see the M3 if you don't mind..
Old 24th April 2009, 09:55   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
Hey man,

That is THE M3 I've been wanting to buy for so bloody long ! someday soon..anyway, such a friggin awesome machine that is...welcome aboard...

P.S: I'm going to be in Chicago from Fri, 24th April-Wed..would love to see the M3 if you don't mind..

RJK,

Definitely you can check out my car and let me know when you are here we can probably meet up and have fun with the car on LakeShore Dr(which is kind of a freeway next to the Lak here)

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome, i really wish i could get that ride back to India but unfortunately it is left hand drive and i can't import it to India.

It is E46 and i shall post the pictures soon.
Old 24th April 2009, 11:53   #8
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to Team-BHP. A BMW M3 at 24, now that's life. You are suddenly the target of envy for most members here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KokosaM3 View Post
I work for ArcelorMittal as a Planning Analyst and technically that is in Indiana state so i drive 50 miles one way to get to work everyday.
Just curious, is your office and home in different timezones? That can be really confusing.
Old 24th April 2009, 12:55   #9
BHPian

KokosaM3.Welcome to Team-bhp. Great ride you have.

I looked into the introduction intrigued by the title and spurred on by the fact that someone might be making money out of Team-bhp.Just wanted to know how this was being done .

Well maybe someone else has a better idea..

Enjoy your "full time" job on the forum.
Old 24th April 2009, 14:19   #10
Team-BHP Support

Hahaha....loved the title

An E46 M3. Damn. One of the most loved cars on the forum for sure!

Its actually suprising how many of our members based in the USA own E46 M3s!

Do post some pics!! (The most Drool-worthy member-m3 pics ive seen were in Rickyvr6's intro : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introd...ate-intro.html )

cya
R
Old 27th April 2009, 04:01   #11
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Hey samrat,

Check your inbox buddy, sent you my cellphone no. Better to just call me as i domt have regular access to net here in chicago. later man..
Old 27th April 2009, 07:50   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP. A BMW M3 at 24, now that's life. You are suddenly the target of envy for most members here.

Just curious, is your office and home in different timezones? That can be really confusing.
Fortunately i am in the same timezone but if i got 15 mins east the time zone changes so you can say i am on the border. it would be awful to be in different time zone and
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks