Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2009, 10:14   #1
BHPian

Finally getting myself to participate...

Hi everyone!I have been following this site for about 3 years now,but never really got to participate;or various reasons really including the fact that I did not have the privilege to post threads,which I resolved with the help oh Zappo(thanks bro!!).

About myself,I am in the Air Force and am flying fighters,grew up in Shillong and that is where I was introduced to long drives. My father is a geologist and he had to go for these surveys in the interiors of Meghalaya. These were crazy drives with no roads and river crossings thrown in and that too on a Willys 4X4 with a fully loaded trailer thrown in. Good indoctrination I would say!!

Presently I own a 2006 Indigo TDI and have done a fair amount of driving in it, the longest being from Gwalior to Chennai.

I really appreciate what Team BHP stands for and hopefully, I will be able to be a constructive participant in this entire panorama of all that this team entails.
Old 3rd May 2009, 12:16   #2

Hola!

Hi neel!

I'm new here too so welcome from one newbie to another!

I am a big fan of willy jeeps so could you please post images of her up? I'd also like to know what year she comes from?

I also hear Shilliong provides some awesome offroad opportunities for the experienced and the amateurs?

Cheers,
Djhealey.
Old 3rd May 2009, 12:28   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhealey View Post
Hi neel!

I'm new here too so welcome from one newbie to another!

I am a big fan of willy jeeps so could you please post images of her up? I'd also like to know what year she comes from?

I also hear Shilliong provides some awesome offroad opportunities for the experienced and the amateurs?

Cheers,
Djhealey.
well djhealy, the trips I was talking about were back in 1978-1985,so sorry no pics available. As for the off roading part...there is some magnificent drives in the interiors but you will require local knowledge.Let me know if you are getting there; even though I lefy Shillong in 1994, I might be able to help you out.
Cheers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks