Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2009, 17:07   #1
BHPian

Hello Everyone

Hi Team

My name is Soumendra Sahu and I am 27 years old. And I am a proud addict of Team-Bhp. I live in New Delhi and am currently a student in America. I am studying computer engineering and about to finish my studies and come back to India permanently soon. I never would have known about this great community but thanks to google search, here I am today. It took me almost 3 trials to register myself but it was all worth the effort and time. I have been reading quite a few automobile magazines religiously for the last few years and have been a regular visitor on a lot of automobile related forums but to be honest (and I am not saying this to butter up the moderators in anyway ) this is the website I enjoy the most. Infact I have been so addicted to it that every morning when I get up after getting my daily cup of tea the first thing I do is go through the new posts on the threads I have been visiting on Team-Bhp.

I currently own two cars one in India and one in USA. Over there I have a 2004 model Mitsubishi Eclipse GT and here in India I own a Hyundai Accent GLE and pretty soon I am going to purchase a Fiat Linea petrol Emotion Pack . I would like to upload some pics of my Eclipse GT. But since this is the first time I will posting pictures so I am not sure if I am supposed to hide the number plate of my own car as well. Moderators please help. The number plate of my car is my last name itself "SAHU". Also can I upload pics here or do I need to start a new thread?
Old 7th May 2009, 00:11   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hey Somu2009,

A "proud addict" Welcome!

Its impressive that you manage to have an entire cup of tea before logging in....that sure is some self restraint!

Regarding the pictures, there is a thread with instructions on uploading pictures in the ANNOUNCEMENTS section - check it out.

And regarding the number plates, we only require that they are blanked out if posted in the "Supercars In India" section, but if they are pictures of your own car - that is fine!
(Thats one good thing about the custom plates in the USA - its easy to get indian words/names!)

Also, if you plan to discuss your car, it might be best to start a new thread (probably in the "test-drives/ownership reviews" section).

cya around!
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th May 2009 at 00:16.
Old 7th May 2009, 02:09   #3
BHPian

Hi Somu,

Welcome to community. Hope you have great time.

My question to you how different it feels driving a Accent & a Eclipse. How would you describe the differences in driving.

Welcome once again

Cheers
Old 7th May 2009, 08:17   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
Hi Somu,

Welcome to community. Hope you have great time.

My question to you how different it feels driving a Accent & a Eclipse. How would you describe the differences in driving.

Welcome once again

Cheers
There is actually a lot of difference. One is 1500cc in line and the other is a 3000cc V6. 94Bhp vs 200Bhp I love the eclipse anyday but I guess on Indian roads as a daily commuter an accent does its job pretty well. Plus who am I kidding, I don't have that much money to import my eclipse otherwise that would be used for daily runs.

I am starting a new thread under driving experiences and there I will discuss more about the eclipse along with pics.
Old 7th May 2009, 10:39   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somu2009 View Post
Hi Team
I live in New Delhi and am currently a student in America.
Somu2009: Welcome. Good to have you here...and there!

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th May 2009 at 14:04. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 7th May 2009, 11:40   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
Quote:
Hi Team
I live in New Delhi and am currently a student in America.
Somu2009: Welcome. Good to have you here...and there!
Sorry bad use of English there, my apologies. What I meant was that I am from New Delhi but currently I am studying in America

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th May 2009 at 14:04. Reason: Quote fixed in quoted post.
Old 7th May 2009, 11:50   #7

Hey Somu, welcome aboard. I will keep a watch for your customized Number plate. Would you share why do you want to go for a Fiat Linea ? Not to discourage you or anything. Just wanted to know your opinion for the specific choice..
Old 7th May 2009, 14:09   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sorry bad use of English there, my apologies.
Hey Somu2009,

I dont think netchef was highlighting that as any kind of error...

Plus, going by american standards - you're correct, since where you live and where you stay are two different things.

cya
R
Old 7th May 2009, 14:34   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry bad use of English there, my apologies. What I meant was that I am from New Delhi but currently I am studying in America
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hey Somu2009,

Plus, going by american standards - you're correct, since where you live and where you stay are two different things.

cya
R

True, Sir. Thanks.
Not in the least...got a weird sense of humour and it tends to show up in strange ways.

'Twas only alliteration ...here vs there!
Old 7th May 2009, 14:53   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome Somu!

Quote:
Sorry bad use of English there, my apologies.
Your English is fine, I wouldn't worry or apologise to naughty netchef. Allow me to teach him a little lesson.

Quote:
'Twas only alliteration ...here vs there!
Here and there are not alliterations, lol. Hell they don't even quite rhyme.

An alliteration is when the letters begin with the same sound.

Naughty netchef knows no naughtier nanny.

A good sentence that sounds like an alliteration would be:

Lulu's lusty love and longing for Lily and her luscious long legs.

I don't quite know how I came up with that. I am sick and deserve a spanking.

Once again, welcome Somu. As you can see, we have interests other than cars too!

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 7th May 2009 at 14:56.
Old 7th May 2009, 15:14   #11
BHPian

Well come on board brother .
Old 7th May 2009, 15:26   #12
BHPian

Or,
Vocalic alliteration: with a vowel sound that may differ from syllable to syllable.

The recurrence of the same letter in accented parts of words is also called alliteration. Anglo-Saxon poetry is characterized by alliterative meter of this sort. Later poets also employed it.

But I'm just guessing- some people know everything!
Old 7th May 2009, 15:36   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Or,
Vocalic alliteration: with a vowel sound that may differ from syllable to syllable.

The recurrence of the same letter in accented parts of words is also called alliteration. Anglo-Saxon poetry is characterized by alliterative meter of this sort. Later poets also employed it.
Oh absolutely. But here and there are not vocalic alliterations either. For that the stressed portion of the word would need to be repeated.

Unless one pronounces here like "hair" For this you would have to be Ishaan from the Dalli.

But then this is just my opinion and I was being light-hearted, hoping to evoke a smile with my lusty-long-legs comment. I'd like to know Thad's opinion on the above. On the alliteration, not the legs.

But this is a discussion for another thread in shifting gears. Not this one.

Quote:
some people know everything!
They're probably bluffing.

Apologies Somu and welcome again - I guess you know now why TBHP is so varied and addictive!

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 7th May 2009 at 15:42.
Old 7th May 2009, 17:04   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Apologies Somu and welcome again - I guess you know now why TBHP is so varied and addictive!

Sam Kapasi: Sorry, chief. Lost my funny bone there for a moment. Don't care about rhyming couplets or anything and certainly didn't mean to be personal. Laughing it off is good medicine!

Yessir Somu, you're more than welcome here...and not all of it is sabre rattling . I promise to keep it clean henceforth.
Old 7th May 2009, 17:05   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Thank you Sam, yes indeed it is addictive for various reasons , I just hope I can make some valuable additions to the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampai View Post
Hey Somu, welcome aboard. I will keep a watch for your customized Number plate. Would you share why do you want to go for a Fiat Linea ? Not to discourage you or anything. Just wanted to know your opinion for the specific choice..
Hey Sampai, about the Eclipse and the personalized number plate you can visit the thread that I have just started at

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...pse-gt-v6.html

About Linea, its just that I have owned a Palio for 5 years and I just loved the way it drove and felt on the road. It actually made me feel as if I was driving a car one segment above Palio. Plus I like the build quality of fiat cars.

I know fiat petrol cars have a bad reputation as far as fuel efficiency is concerned, but I kind of look at the brighter side. I don't know if I am completely right but I somehow blame the bad fuel efficiency on the extra weight that fiat cars usually boast of. So with that extra weight I feel you get more stability at higher speed, more safety during an accident and more comfort due to great suspension. So its just a personal choice as I prefer all the safety and comfort over fuel efficiency. To understand this better you can just try shutting the door of any fiat car and the kind of 'thud' sound you get, it almost feels as good as a german car.

Another thing about fiat is that people say that its spares are expensive and their after sales service is not that great. See to be really honest I have not had a problem with fiat's A.S.S. so atleast I don't have anything to complain about. And coming to expensive spare parts, well if you actually compare few other cars of the same segment then the spares almost equal in cost. For example a wheel cap for Skoda Fabia is Rs.2500. So I feel its not the only car which has expensive parts. Compared with Maturi and Hyundai all the other company's spares seem expensive, especially because most of their parts are locally manufactured.

I know I have written a lot about Fiat in general and not Linea. I just wanted to say that I have a soft corner for that company as I have owned one of their products. Only linea because I drove that car and checked out its features and I loved it. Like the Emotion Pack model. For 7.6 Lacs on road Delhi the kind of features its has, I didn't find that in the comparable cars. Especially Blue & Me, Alloy Wheels, Rear Curtain, Climate Control, etc. etc.

And last but not the least I like the looks of the car. I hope I have answered your question. Please ask me anything if you would like to know more, I'll be more than happy to answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hey Somu2009,

cya
R
Thanks Rehaan. I know, I just wanted to make sure that I am not making any mistakes coz I am a newbie.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks