Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2009, 19:15   #1

A newbie to the forum.

Hi all,

I am a newbie to the forum, joined last week. I am placed in Bangalore.
Originally a hiker and then biker, I rarely had fantasy of driving a car. Now a necessity to have a car, made me a car fanatic.

Hardly I took advice from near ones, opted to take inputs of forums and came across team-bhp site. My criteria was a decently priced, reliable small car. Impressed by the Palio owners writing skills, got myself a palio some months back. Day by day I think the decision was not a bad one.

Learnt driving with my new car,
  • Within 1 week got first hit in the rear bumper while trying reverse (i still believe if the security who was guiding the reverse was not there, this mark would not have been there)
  • Next came the front bumper and number plate while parking
  • Two
weeks back got a third one on the side by a rash driver.http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images...rustration.gif
Luckily all were minor scratches and I prefer to carry on with the marks. All others are positive marks http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

Not sure how to clean a car, I kept the car without washing except going to washing centre once in a while. I suppose, now I have become a diploma in washing knowledge.

Wish to share my experience with my car in near future and get similar feedbacks of others.

Regards,

ssasmal
Old 11th June 2009, 12:00   #2
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard s_sasmal,

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_sasmal View Post
.....I suppose, now I have become a diploma in washing knowledge.....
Are you ready for your masters degree?

Check this thread out : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...esthetics.html

cya around,
R
Old 11th June 2009, 23:56   #3

Thanks Rehaan> That was a good link. I would add some details to link.
1. Soak the cloth in water (don’t squeeze) and wipe your car’s body with a light hand. Once you’re through with washing the entire car, clean the cloth in fresh water and start wiping the body dry. A good soft cloth should remove all watermarks from the body. Take one portion of the body at a time.
Ideal is to have a slow continuous water flow with the light hand wiping. This will reduce probability of light scratches from the sand/ dust already present on the surface. Use of good car shampoo (I am using 3M) on the 1st round improves the washing far better. 2nd round should be plain water. 3rd step to wipe dry is a critical part. Most of the available source is hard water. If the water drops are not wiped efficiently, whatever effort you have given earlier will go waste. There will be a faint dullness when dry. Wipe one stretch at a time with slow strokes. This creates a thin film of water and most of the dissolved salts go out. It will be even more efficient if the 1st round was with shampoo. Try it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed