Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2009, 10:35   #1
BHPian

Hello Everyone

Hey people,

I'm Adithya (in case you haven't already figured that from my username). I'm currently a bachelor's student in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, USA. My family is originally from Chennai but now we're settled in the NCR for the last 8-9 years or so (Gurgaon to be precise). I'm currently interning in the R&D for Maruti here in Gurgaon and it was while I was looking for some feedback on their cars that I stumbled across this website and found that it was the Indian automotive paradise that I had been waiting for.

I'm probably one of the younger members here considering I'm still in college and I'm a complete newbie in the sense I'm only learning to drive (officially) now. Despite this, I have been passionate about automobiles for as long as I remember. It all started for me when I was a little kid of 4 and my family was in Oman for a couple of years. It became a favorite pastime of mine to know what each and every automobile was and even back then I knew that the lamborghinis and the maseratis are something special.

Since then, I've been following cars with a passion and I intend to get into product design for my masters and design some pretty fancy ones when I get the chance. In terms of what cars my family has owned, its a fairly long list. It started with a Daewoo Racer in Oman, followed by a good old 118NE in Delhi after which we got a Cielo when we moved to Hyderabad. After moving to Delhi we had a Lancer for 3-4 years after which we bought our current vehicles in 2004 -- Honda Accord, and a 1999 Toyota Prado. Unfortunately the Accord was totaled a couple of months back and we are looking for a replacement vehicle (and I'm hoping to get inputs from all of you about that)

My first "favorite car" was a maserati concept called the boomerang and for the last few years my favorite car has been the Murcielago which according to me is the most beautiful thing you can ever see on 4-wheels. I also collect scale models of cars and have a decent collection of about 20-25. Well that was a rather long introduction from me, hope to get to know and learn from all of you while enjoying the wonderful world of automobiles.

Adithya
Old 18th June 2009, 11:54   #2
BHPian

welcome bro

Welcome to Team bhp
Enjoy you stay here
We have quite a few students here
Old 18th June 2009, 13:53   #3
BHPian

Welcome aboard. I am sure you will have a great time here!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks