Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2009, 22:53   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Though a bit late in the day, but welcome to TBHP sir. Glad to see a senior member from Kolkata. You have a very witty style of writing, although appreciating the wit takes a bit of careful reading.

We will appreciate if you contribute to the vintage and technical threads. Also, for logistical help on your car (or anything else automotive) dont hesitate to get in touch with me or any of the other Kolkata TBHP members.

Where in Kolkata do you stay?
Thanks predatorwheelz, for the welcome, compliments and the offer to help me out in car owning. I would certainly encash the cheque soon. I would PM you about my whereabouts.
I am mostly reading the posts, the huge goldmine of knowledge. Started contributing in the "Technical" subforum/thread. But I have a long way to go before I can add perceptible value to the body knowledge of TBHP.
I would love to get to watch TBHPians who are enthusiasts about vintage car restoration at work.
Cheers and cya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
Profold
As a newbie myself, who has yet to post his own introduction, I do not know if I have the status to welcome you to the forum, although I have been browsing it for a while now, and have registered for the same reasons you have. Welcome anyway

I almost had my intro ready on Notepad. But after your intro and selection process write-up, I do not wish to subject fellow BHPians to a bland piece of non-literary work.That I need to go back to the drawing board , or not being an engineer, Notepad, is pretty obvious. Since spreadsheet formulas will tax my grey matter and then suggest that I switch from my NHC to a Nano, I am not even going to try.
Thanx pragmites. I reciprocate your welcome.
I guess the intro is about breaking the ice. Now that you have broken it already, go ahead and spill your bins. Sooner the better.
By the way, hope you know that contributions to this thread does not count for being considered for a full membership.
All the reasons to post more, to show the world that we do not look for "profit" in everything we do.
Please PM me as soon as you post your intro. I do not want to miss it.
Cheers.

been
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Dear Prof, thanks for taking efforts to write your experience. It is never late.
this is a wonderful and insightful write-up about how a Indian family makes a high value purchase decision. this shows how a decision is a mix bag of evolving needs/wants, objectivity and emotions, several anchors who influence the outcome.
eagerly waiting to read the next chapter
Thanks StarVegabond for the encouragements. Without your prompting, the story would have never written and we ourselves would have forgotten it in a few months time.
I have already posted my first 500 km ownership experience in the appropriate thread.
Cheers.

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th July 2009 at 23:28. Reason: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote instead. Thanks
Old 14th July 2009, 00:01   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by profold View Post

Thanx pragmites.
I guess the intro is about breaking the ice. Now that you have broken it already, go ahead and spill your bins.

Thanks StarVegabond .Without your prompting, the story would have never written and we ourselves would have forgotten it in a few months time.
Typos, Typos
I meant "spill your beans" and "would have never been written".
Sorry mates.
Old 14th July 2009, 10:40   #18
BHPian

Hello Sir,

Welcome aboard the forum. Its very nice to see someone with such experience and knowledge join this forum. You presence will be really helpful for many as there goes a saying "There's never enough to learn", (i dont know who coined it neither do i know its a common saying, just mentioned in my own words ).

Enjoy your time here and do not hesitate to seek any sort of help from me, predator (as he has stated earlier) or any kol tbhp member. By the way where do you stay? And sir it will be truly great if we could meet you sometime.
Old 14th July 2009, 11:54   #19
BHPian

Welcome Sir

Welcom Sir,

Good to have a Professor in our team.
We will definietly gain a lot from your experiences. As correctly mentioned by you the modern automobiles have evovled a lot since 1970's but the basics always remain the same. The Science facts remains same but how we apply them in practice is matter of continuous improvement.
I have a NEWS for you. Knowing you owned (& liked ) Bettle some time, VW is soon expected to launch New Beetle in INDIA (1.5-2 yrs).

Wish you a great association with us.
Old 14th July 2009, 12:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Welcome onboard sir, may you have a great stay here

Your writting style suggests that we will have many well written/ precise travelogue's/Reviews etc from your end in the near future. Awaiting for the same....
Old 14th July 2009, 14:59   #21
BHPian

Good to be in good company

Hello All,

Nice to be here
Old 14th July 2009, 22:28   #22
BHPian

Thanks again for the warmth.
Having difficulty to quote from multiple messages.
Must be something to do with my laptop.
Would PM to reply on specific topics.
Hope you do not mind.
Regards and cheers.
Old 14th July 2009, 22:36   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Welcom Sir,

Good to have a Professor in our team.
the modern automobiles have evovled a lot since 1970's but the basics always remain the same. The Science facts remains same but how we apply them in practice is matter of continuous improvement.
I have a NEWS for you. Knowing you owned (& liked ) Bettle some time, VW is soon expected to launch New Beetle in INDIA (1.5-2 yrs).
Well said about the automotive technology. I am trying to catch up, real hard. Just by the way,can you suggest some concise book on modern ECU's? I have a book from Bosch, borrowed from IIT-Kh.
It gives a rather cursory treatment.

Real great news about Beetle. But from the experience of reincarnated "Zen", who knows whether we would recognize the "Beetle-II".
Cheers.
Old 15th July 2009, 02:01   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by profold View Post
Having difficulty to quote from multiple messages....
Please see this FAQ entry : Team-BHP - Team-BHP FAQ: Advanced Forum Usage

Thanks,
R
Old 15th July 2009, 10:43   #25
BHPian

@Profold
Don't worry about the typos. We are in "horn ok please" country. So I will spill the bins/beans as soon as I can stop procrastinating and will PM you.

Not really worried about the full membership. So intend posting wherever it's interesting
Old 17th July 2009, 08:54   #26
BHPian

That was a very interesting read - the intro by Profold and the subsequent responses too. I feel a bit like Pragmites, in that having joined Team-BHP later than Profold and not having posted an Introduction, do I have a say in welcoming him? If nothing else, it inspires me to take up the arduous task of composing an introduction as interesting as his! Good to meet you on Team-BHP.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks