Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2009, 19:32   #1

Hello From Los Angeles

Hi, just joined. Am a car nut. Love driving in India. Have a few types of cars in the US and have an Accent in India. Looking to buy a different vehicle in India to do cross-country driving soon.
Old 3rd July 2009, 10:38   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to Team-BHP, Shantanu. How about telling us more about yourself / your cars? I see a favorite - the LS460 - in your garage. To be honest, I'd probably pick that car over the S class and the 7 series, primarily due to the reliability (for the LS and against the S / 7).
Old 3rd July 2009, 12:09   #3
BHPian

Welcome onboard Shantanu!

Cheers,
Deepak
Old 6th July 2009, 22:14   #4

Hi GTO and Deepak.

Thanks for the welcome.

Was away on the July 4th long weekend so took some time to reply..

Let's see I am 37, live in Orange County here in LA. Passions are Health & Fitness, Cars and Driving, Airplanes (commercial aircraft engineering), and traveling in general. I travel a lot for my job, all within the US for now.

GTO, yes the LS460 is very reliable. What I did not want is garage time for a BMW and Merc, although I think those cars inspire more passion among drivers. I had a BMW Z4 but sold it two years ago as my wife started complaining that it's more of a chick magnet. I should have kept that car, it was beautiful. I'm thinking about getting the new Z4 maybe year end or next. The LS is very quick and has some nice features like auto parallel and vertical parking. My GS 300 is almost 10years old but is immaculate. I baby my cars quite a bit. I'll try and put up a few pics on here.
I like your jeep, that's on my hot list. Where do you do all your mod work?
Old 8th July 2009, 10:37   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantanu1972 View Post
GTO, yes the LS460 is very reliable. What I did not want is garage time for a BMW and Merc, although I think those cars inspire more passion among drivers.
The LS is a phenomenal luxo-barge. I drove one on my last trip to the States and walked away impressed! Her stellar reliability levels are very appealing to me. In fact, I'd probably pick an LS myself over the S Class for reliability alone. Though, as you stated, the S exudes more passion.

Quote:
I like your jeep, that's on my hot list. Where do you do all your mod work?
Thanks. At a local Mahindra shop. Everyone's getting bit by the offroading bug, I'm sure our Jeepers can easily find you a good Jeep shop in Calcutta.
Old 8th July 2009, 10:49   #6
BHPian

Welcome to the forum and would love to see few pics of your ride.
Old 9th July 2009, 09:02   #7

Thanks. Just put up the profile pic. Trying to figure out how to put up a few more....
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks