Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2009, 00:58   #1

Introducing Myself and my newly booked 4 wheeler!

Hi iAll,

This is Makarand here working in the analytics domain for past few years.

I have been a regular guest vistor on this forum and thought to contribute and get registered. Just booked my Indica Vista Cavern Gray today after going through all the posts on this forum.

My love with cars started with my first trip to US. Before then, I was an environmentalist with a firm belief that public transport is the best way to save a lot of us from a lot of illnesses! Kudos to our metros atleast where the public transport is cheapest in the world!

Anyways, coming back to my love for cars - the first trip in US made me rent a car, AVALON by Toyota. Its an amazing car and someone in US told me its called - "poor man's lexus". If AVALON is poor man's car then most of us here are very poor! The automatic transmission, the comfort and the driveability of AVALON got me into the world of four-wheelers.

My last trip to US - I had a Cheverolet Malibu for a month. I drove whenever I got free time and one trip was 2000 plus miles in 3 days - San Jose to LA to Las Vegas and back (would post some snaps at the relevant location). They say that its illegal to drive above speed limits and fines are very high for speeding - but I could'nt resist (I touched 140+ miles a couple of times - if you quote me I would say I was kidding!)

So when I was looking for this hatchback back home in Chennai. I needed decent power, rear seat comfort and fuel economy (I am going to go around a lot!). Somehow Indica Vista fit well within my budget and amongst the other hatches I test drove, I was most comfortable with Vista (given my personal criteria).

So here it is I am a proud owner of Indica Vista - day 2 of ownership and I look forward to sharing my experiences here!
Old 3rd July 2009, 11:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team-Bhp Makarand

Thats a nice intro & its good to have a new car lover on board.

Please do go through our Board Rules thoroughly to get acquainted with them.

Have a pleasant stay
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks