Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2009, 11:53   #1
BHPian

Hi everyone - great to be here...

My name is Amir Jetha – originally a Puneite having spent the first 18 or so years of my life there (I see a lot of familiar names here from Pune – Hi to all). I currently live in Mumbai after having spent about 12 years in the US. I am a car/bike nut with a special weakness for roadsters. I have some experience with motocross racing, motorcycle rallying and car racing at track days.
I have been following this forum for some months now and am truly impressed with the level of interest, passion and commitment to helping others that has been exhibited by a lot of members. I hope to contribute meaningfully in the future.
My current cars include a Fiat Palio 1.6 GTX (stock), a mint condition Mazda Miata, a 1951 MG TD (whose engine has been discussed on this forum!), a Toyota Innova (my taxi service for the kids) and a Rolls Royce Phantom II Continental (also discussed on this forum). I also have a Kinetic Blaze, a Honda Activa and a mint Kinetic Honda (1st Lot). I am currently looking to add a car and bike to my stable and am using the forum to help make me make a decision.
I look forward to being a part of this group. Thanks
Amir
Old 13th July 2009, 12:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Impressive garage and welcome to the forum!
Old 13th July 2009, 15:58   #3
BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP!! Terrific collection I must say!!
Old 13th July 2009, 16:11   #4
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Hi Amir

Welcome to TBHP. I don't know if you remember but we had the pleasure of chatting alongside your stunning Continental at the Cartier show, Phil Strickland and Prince Michael stopped by and we discussed their Bentley run.

Do please share tales of your family's journey with the amazing cars that have passed/remain with the family.

Best wishes

Deepak
Old 13th July 2009, 17:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Mr. Amir Ali Jetha. People like me, who've been reading the classics section of Indian auto magazines for years now are well familiar with your Continental.

We look forward to your contributions to the vintage and classic section.
Old 13th July 2009, 21:20   #6
BANNED

Hi Amir,
Welcome to TBHP, You have got a good collection cars there, Would like to see their pics(Esp. Mazda).

Enjoy your stay.

VT
Old 14th July 2009, 09:58   #7
BHPian

Thanks for the compliments and good wishes. Deepak, I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you at the rally, you were one of the few guys there that truly had an amazing depth of knowledge and info about a whole host of cars. While I had every intention of participating in the Bentley run, I thought it was more important to take care of some of the car issues I was facing at the time. I took the plunge and started working on repacing the cam on my PII (If you recall there was a slight knocking sound which was later identified as a worn cam lobe on cylinder-1 - a known issue on these cars). I hope to have the car up and running (silently) before the next rally - if all goes well.

Will post pics of the MG and Miata in due course.
Old 14th July 2009, 10:20   #8
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtop View Post
If you recall there was a slight knocking sound....
How wonderful to hear that's close to being sorted out. That car really is so special. Gurney Nutting is my fav designer (apart from Howard "Dutch" Darrin) and your PII is such a stunning example.
Old 14th July 2009, 10:56   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtop View Post
My name is Amir Jetha – originally a Puneite having spent the first 18 or so years of my life there (I see a lot of familiar names here from Pune – Hi to all).

...and a mint Kinetic Honda (1st Lot)....
Greetings Amir, welcome aboard. Honour to have you here.

As a kid my father would regularly drive me across town near the railway crossing to glimpse at the sporty MG and regal Rolls Royce peeking out of the bungalow - I was so thrilled to see the Rolls back in action at the recent events, and I still regularly see the MG pottering about town. Envy!

Great to hear you speak so proudly of your first lot Kinetic - I have one too. Do share pictures of that as well, I anticipate they will be getting collectable in the not so distant future.
Old 14th July 2009, 17:31   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

For everyones benefit here is an article on Amir's superb Rolls Royce.

Long time no see - Road Roller - Business Standard Motoring
Old 14th July 2009, 17:43   #11
BHPian

Hi Karlosdeville,

Great collection you have - would love to see it in person someday. If its ok with you I will contact you the next time I am in Pune and we can meet - will also be happy to take you for a spin in the MG, I plan on driving it to Pune as soon as the monsoons depart..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks