Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:49   #1
BHPian

It's been a joy ride

Hello Everyone,

I am Shahin and I live in Bangalore. I am considered a car buff by my friends and I like to think of myself as one.

Started reading the AutoIndia magazine when I was 18, the year was 1993, kept reading AutoIndia and also started on AutoCar India when it came out. Switched to AutoCar India at some point in time (don't know when, thought AutoCar was much better).

I also try and so test drives of most of the vehicles that come out. Have been not able to do that lately (The recession blues I presume ).

And ofcourse something about the cars I possess and/or possessed. Started off with a M800 (1987 model) gifted by dad in 1994. Inherited Dad's Esteem Lxi again in 99. Bought my first car, A flashing new Accent GLX in 2001 had it for 6 years, drove it for about 80K, Bought a Ford Ikon second hand (when I moved to Bangalore in 2004), had it only for just over a year (you guessed it...maintenance costs), switched to a Accent Viva CRDi in May 2005, a flashing red one, enjoyed it thoroughly till now, have done 73000 Kms on it.

Want to switch now...Kind of narrowing in on Scorpio...Will kepp you all posted.

Last but not the least, my dream is to own a Bimmer probably an X3 or and X5 if my finances permit.

Cheers
Shahin
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:31   #2
BHPian

Welcome to TBHP . Hoping to see more of you in the forums

Rgds
Vikrant
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:25   #3
BHPian

Welcome from another Newbie here.
Hope you have as much fun as I am having here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed