Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2009, 08:50   #1

nice to meet you, I am from Medellin, Colombia (south america)

Hey, it's a pleasure to be received in this great community INDIA.

I am the proud owner of a HONDA CBF 150 (unicorn), I got it for two years.
I recognized in my country in some forums because groundbreaking bikes as it were of everything concerning this machine, many people ask me to seek advice about how to make changes and to improve the performance of the bike.

some modifications to my bike are:

ULTRASONIC NGK IRIDIUM spark plug
Air Filter K & N (you get the idea)
mechanized 6000k HID lights
saddlebags saddlebags and carriers
handgrip BAJAJ PULSAR
Ciclocomputer CAYETE VELO 8 (this accessory shows actual speeds, no errors as the tachometer to lose effectiveness over time)
chair split and filled in a special material to prevent fatigue on long journeys

SALUDOS DESDE MEDELLIN, COLOMBIA (spanish)
Attached Thumbnails
nice to meet you, I am from Medellin, Colombia (south america)-38.jpg  

nice to meet you, I am from Medellin, Colombia (south america)-getattachment.jpg  

nice to meet you, I am from Medellin, Colombia (south america)-n668978245_568299_5982.jpg  

nice to meet you, I am from Medellin, Colombia (south america)-n668978245_1444732_3050.jpg  

nice to meet you, I am from Medellin, Colombia (south america)-n711379933_1284749_392.jpg  

nice to meet you, I am from Medellin, Colombia (south america)-n711379933_1284756_5809.jpg  

nice to meet you, I am from Medellin, Colombia (south america)-rdc.jpg  

nice to meet you, I am from Medellin, Colombia (south america)-rdcc.jpg  

Old 24th July 2009, 10:55   #2
BHPian

Welcome to T-BHP burrenes and those are some wonderful photos as well as mods to the bike
Old 24th July 2009, 10:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey welcome to the forum. Been to Cartagena in Colombia on one of my cruises.

Apart from knowing more about you and your bike, I am sure in due course the others in Tbhp would also love to know more about your country.

Regards
Old 24th July 2009, 11:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum, mate. Pretty nice pics there. Have a great time here on the forum.
Old 24th July 2009, 11:04   #5
BHPian

welcome to T-Bhp. Its a great Opportunity to learn about Colombia.

By the way, when you say that you have filled the cahir (seat) with special material to avoid fatigue on long journeys, what do you mean by that ? I mean what material have you used ?
Old 24th July 2009, 11:10   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome! Nice Pics. Enjoy your stay here. And post some travelogues of adventures on your bike if you can.
Old 24th July 2009, 11:11   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by burrenes View Post
some modifications to my bike are:
ULTRASONIC NGK IRIDIUM spark plug
Air Filter K & N (you get the idea)
mechanized 6000k HID lights
saddlebags saddlebags and carriers
handgrip BAJAJ PULSAR
Ciclocomputer CAYETE VELO 8 (this accessory shows actual speeds, no errors as the tachometer to lose effectiveness over time)
chair split and filled in a special material to prevent fatigue on long journeys

SALUDOS DESDE MEDELLIN, COLOMBIA (spanish)
Nice Mods. Where did you get a Bajaj Pulsar Handgrip in Medellin?

BTW in the 80s Medellin was always in the news where I lived (in the US). Pablo Escabar and Griselda Blanco made it famous. Today however it known to be one of the few cities that has a cable car system (J-K routes) as part of it's public transport system (not just a s a tourist attraction like Singapore, or as a flimsy single point service as in Roosevelt Island, NYC).

Enjoy your stay here. Looking to hearing from from you and the learning about the auto scence in Colombia.
Old 24th July 2009, 11:12   #8
BHPian

Welcome aboard. Anybody could mistake those bikes and the pics to have come from some part of India easily ( you look like one and easily blend in if you come to India )

The bike looks nice devoid of the poser looks.

We would be looking forward to know your country and the motoring/ biking scene through you.
Old 24th July 2009, 12:02   #9
BHPian

Namaste Burrenes

Its great to see a fella from across the continent riding a steed from our stables.

We would love to hear more of your experiences
Old 24th July 2009, 12:27   #10
BHPian

Mods, please allow this one messsage in spanish as a welcome to burrenes.

Bienvenido al foro tio, aqui lo vas a pasar muy bien, aprenderas mucho de tu moto y cosas q puedes hacer para aumentar su rendimiento. No se si se puede hablar en espanol aqui, a ver si sera visible este mensaje. De todas formas esperamos verte aqui muy a menudo, disfruta de las vueltas q das en las montanas,,q parecen preciosas. Hasta luego,,
sachin.
Old 24th July 2009, 15:12   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinwadhwani View Post
Mods, please allow this one messsage in spanish as a welcome to burrenes.

Bienvenido al foro tio, aqui lo vas a pasar muy bien, aprenderas mucho de tu moto y cosas q puedes hacer para aumentar su rendimiento. No se si se puede hablar en espanol aqui, a ver si sera visible este mensaje. De todas formas esperamos verte aqui muy a menudo, disfruta de las vueltas q das en las montanas,,q parecen preciosas. Hasta luego,,
sachin.
Churn that through google translate and here is what it says :

Welcome to the forum man, going to happen here very well, learn a lot from your moto q and things you can do to increase performance. If you can not speak Spanish here, to see if this message will be visible. Anyway hope to see you here often, enjoying the turns in the mountains das q,, q seem precious. Until then,
sachin

The grammar is as poor as my spanish
Old 24th July 2009, 15:20   #12
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team-Bhp burrenes

I see that your bike also seems to have Pulsar rear view Mirrors. Also are the bar end weights original or again from pulsar?

I also see Hero Honda CBZ in one of the pics, It would be great if you could tell us what all bikes are available in your country.

Do read our board rules & Have a pleasant stay
Old 25th July 2009, 06:47   #13

family, which gave me joy when you look at the reception so special, thank you very much.
I go for parts.
the city of Medellin, was known years ago for his problems with violence due to drug trafficking, one of those characters that have marked us for life was Pablo Escobar, thank God those days are now a thing of the past, now is a city of Medellin which the country is proud, I attach a link with pictures of my beautiful city.

my bike is Bajaj PULSAR mirrors and checks also improves the stability of the bike to take curves at high speed and position management is a bit more sporting we do without this strain
the modification of the compound of the chair is not the truth, but I tell them it is a softer material, is excellent for making long distance journeys, the most I've done extenzo is approximately 8 hours, something as well as 500km in one day.

the most significant changes in my bike are the air filter high flow K & N RC ref 1060, NGK IRIDIUM spark plug brand Ultrasound, it changes the relationship to the front by a Piñon 16 points, the maximum speed achieved in my bike is 134kmh in the CICLOCOMPUTER (actual speed) and the cruise speed is about my bike (115kmh - 8100rpm) and (120kmh - 9000rpm)

INDIAS motorcycles are in the market are the CBF 150 (UNICORN), CBZ 160 (discontinued), Bajaj PULSAR 180-200, YBR 125 (Gladiator), refresh TVS APACHE RTR 160, FLAME TVS, Yamaha FZ16 (new), Yamaha R -15 (new), these are the bikes that Indias move by the Colombian territory, which is the most host Bajaj PULSAR in all its versions as it was the first that come to INDIA market.

look forward to contributing and learning from you ..... greetings from Medellin, Colombia
Old 26th July 2009, 11:28   #14
Senior - BHPian

thats some serious high speeds on the GPS for the mods that you have mentioned. Was this on a slope?
Old 27th July 2009, 02:41   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
thats some serious high speeds on the GPS for the mods that you have mentioned. Was this on a slope?

friend, data speed proporsione they were taken with a CICLOCOMPUTER in the photos published on this ciclocomputer installed at the front of the bike.
The maximum speed was achieved with the help of a little slope inclination, the maximum speed reached in a straight road is approximately 125kmh

Photo below left as installed CICLOCOMPUTER

this is the ciclocomputer,
is used by cyclists to measure speeds and distances traveled, that can measure: average speed, velocity, travel time, speed, part time

This is the magnet that is glued to the wheel and each time it passes by the sensor sets the speed.

this is the speed sensor

excuse my English so poor, in Colombia is not very common to speak or write English in your country

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Technocrat : 27th July 2009 at 12:12. Reason: Please read the note in post, thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed