Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2009, 18:46   #1

Hello Friends

Hello Guys

I have been a car freak for the last 19 years. I started driving at the age of 14.
The story goes like this, I was in 7th standard when I came first in class and my dad asked me what I wanted, I asked him whether I could drive the car (we owned a premier padmini 1986 model), he just gave me the steering wheel and asked me to drive.

I insisted him on giving me the full control which he did and from since then I have been driving, my dad loves long drives and so does the whole family we have done as good as 2500 kms one way on the Fiat. I used to be his co-driver driving on the highways and giving him the wheel inside the city limits.

After that we also had a Mahindra 540 DP, Maruti Van.

I am 33 years old and planning to buy a Scorpio or Tata Safari for my next car.

Lot of people say night drives are not safe but I love night drives firstly because the traffic is less during the nights and secondly its easier in the ghats during the night because you can make out if a car is coming from the opposite side due to the headlights. And last but not the least stopping over for tea/coffee in the nights at the dhabas give me a different high!

Although you would be at the biggest risk if the vehicle on the other side does not have one!

I have some interesting things to tell about the various experiences that we had while going on these long drives, may I will share that in my next posts.

Currently I own a Santro Xing XS and Indica LPG

Cheers!
Old 30th July 2009, 19:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome buddy. Post your intertesting stories about long drives, night drives etc.

I agree with your logic of night driving. All is well, as long as the guy from opp direction drives without sleeping. hehehe.
Old 30th July 2009, 20:22   #3
BHPian

Welcome turbo. Those long drives give me a high too. But I prefer not be a night owl. Sunrise to sunset is how I plan. Ever try having breakfast in those dhabas. Am sure that you will find that too "high".
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks