Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2009, 19:45   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hullo from your friendly marksman Sniper

Greetings fellow Bhpians,

This is Sniper or as my handle suggest cryptic Sn1p3r. I am glad to be party to India's greatest and one of the top 5 auto forums.

I am an engineer by education (psst.. IT dont tell anyone). Work as a consultant for organic farming, herbal medicines (Ayurveda), ERP implementations, education institutions, project management, missile technology, thermal spectrograph and water velocity meters. Trying to get away from computers is my biggest challenge.

Part time I am a hiker, runner, swimmer, love to ski and travel and most importantly a petrohead

I have been a fan of this forum for eons. Time has permitted me to contribute and I hope I will keep the standards high.

Thank you all and again love to be the part.
Old 31st July 2009, 18:35   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome sn1p3r (heck of a nick)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Work as a consultant for organic farming, herbal medicines (Ayurveda), ERP implementations, education institutions, project management, missile technology, thermal spectrograph and water velocity meters. Trying to get away from computers is my biggest challenge.
I'd say. That's an extremely diverse skillset you got there.

We'd appreciate your taking a quick pitstop by our board rules section, just once, for familiarisation. See ya over on some interesting thread!
Old 31st July 2009, 19:56   #3
BANNED

Hi Sniper!

A warm welcome to you Team BHP Forums, Have a pleasant stay here!

Quote:
I am glad to be party to India's greatest and one of the top 5 auto forums.
May I know the names of other top 5 indian auto forums apart from TBHP?
I'm sure TBHP will be on top!

VT
Old 31st July 2009, 20:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

hi there. Just curious - are you an fps gamer by any chance
Old 31st July 2009, 20:55   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Being a sniper was one of my early-college career ambitions.

Welcome to the forum. What are your rides?
Old 31st July 2009, 21:54   #6
BHPian

Welcome Sniper. So we can use your services - sniper or otherwise(you have a big list of things you do) - here on TBHP whenever needed.

BTW, organic farming to missle technology uh? How do you manage everyrthing?

Last edited by Rehaan : 31st July 2009 at 22:04. Reason: "u hv" = "you have". Please type in full words. Thanks.
Old 31st July 2009, 22:05   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Being a sniper was one of my early-college career ambitions. ?
Really?. So what made you not opt for it?

Welcome onboard Sniper. That sounds like a pretty interesting profession. See you around and have fun !
Old 1st August 2009, 13:26   #8
BHPian

Hi Sniper welcome to Team-BHP. That is a wide spectrum of interests. From farming to hard core technology. I am sure it's a lot of fun!!Good to have you here. Keep posting and will see you around!!
Old 1st August 2009, 15:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

Thank you!

@GTO: I have this extremely restless nature so I look for something new all the time. I have been reading the forums since 2004 if I correctly remember. Dont you worry, I wont trouble the mods. Thanks!

@*VT*: Thanks! I meant TBhp is India's best and also at par with world's best. I found few Germans, UK and Jap forums to be best when it comes to discuss cars and tech. I regularly check German forums for Porsches, VWs and BMWs, had to when in EU driving the mean machines. I also had a S60 Volvo for sometime. All company cars

@greenhorn: I am an avid gamer but hardly get the time from corporate hassles. I love the Gran Turismo and NFS series, dislike the first person shooter. Just have a Logitech rumble pad2 to be hooked to the puny small laptop, hope to get a Wii sometime soon.

@theMAG: Thanks dude, handle describes me best. I am restless soul so meditating and concentrating hard is the only way out for me. As mentioned I pick a target and mark it to good use. I love the call sings used here at TBhp.

@T_Girl, null: Yes, varied fields. Consulting led me to research and then to sales. Have to learn what I sell. Organics and Ayurveda is passion turned business. Rest comes as time fillers. These days thermal imaging is top priority.

Porsche's are somethings of an enigma and fantasy to me and hope to get one before people can say thats my midlife crisis. My ride right now is a well maintained mum's Indica 2002 or wife's Honda 2008 City-Vtec. I have come back recently and will be up for a new ride by this year end. I will be extensively traveling to EU and US. So once permanent and not a non reliable Indian. I will get one ride for myself. I will keep on researching till then. Would love to meet Porsche owners and read longterm reports in India.

Love being here.
Old 1st August 2009, 15:49   #10
Senior - BHPian

nice intro, short and sweet
Quote:
Welcome sn1p3r (heck of a nick)!
1p3r, doesnt it sound familiar? !!!
Old 3rd August 2009, 11:22   #11
Senior - BHPian

@kkr2k2: Yeah, Sniper rhymes with Viper. We have team members with those call signs.
Old 4th August 2009, 00:29   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
1p3r, doesnt it sound familiar? !!!
Well, hes been lurking since 2004!! So im sure he thought long and hard about being associated with the other _1p3r by nick!

Welcome aboard sniper!
cya around,
R
Old 5th August 2009, 15:15   #13
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Rehaan.
Actually my Team Bhp assignment initiated in 2001 but then I was too much of a biker to actually sit in front of computer and read 2004 was beginning of a new era called settle down and get a job.

Thanks!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed