Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2009, 23:55   #1
BHPian

Hello fellow BHPians!

Hi Bhpians!

I feel glad to be a part of this family finally. I was a long time lurker on this site but somehow never registered myself but once when I made up my mind to do so the moderators didn't want me (yet) but after a couple of tries finally got in, Yaaaaaaaaay. I know this introduction is coming a little late since my joining date but hey better late than never.

I came across this wonderful community while researching for a new car for my father, got hooked since and have fallen in love with the community of like minded people. I am already a huge fan of Sam's aka Yeti's wonderful blogs and Rudraji's wonderful photography, loved lordofgondor's "Been Leh'd & back: The dream come true!" thread . Dream of going there one day.

Now a little about me: I am 25 years old from Pune and currently doing my Ph.D in Organic Chemistry here in Aachen, Germany for the past 2 and 1/2 years. Aachen is a small city to the West of Germany, mostly known for it's University and underground hot springs, bordering Netherlands (Holland) and Belgium. My interests apart from automobiles include watching movies, reading books (fiction) and generally lazying around . Been having a whale of a time here so far, in the land of beautiful cars and beers.

Looking forward to a lot of Auto gyaan here from the gurus and a great time with this wonderful family.
Old 7th August 2009, 10:31   #2
BHPian

Hi Autonorm welcome to Team-BHP. Seems like you are having a great time in Germany. Have a nice stay!! will see you around!!
Old 7th August 2009, 11:42   #3
BHPian

Nice introduction welcome to the family
Old 7th August 2009, 11:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hello and welcome to the forum Autonorm! Surprising to see that the Yeti hasn't yet welcomed you here, considering you're from around his "sasuraal"!

And just what the hell is a guy doing a Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry doing on an automotive forum??
Old 7th August 2009, 15:41   #5
BHPian

I hope Team BHP acts as a "catalyst" in your quest for everything Automobile.
Old 7th August 2009, 17:21   #6
BHPian

Welcome autonorm. achtung! Ph. D. in organic chemistry is on an achterbahn !

P.S. My German is as good as my Sanskrit.
Old 7th August 2009, 18:24   #7
BHPian

Achtung !
Heyy Autonorm, this surely is a chemistry between Cars and Beer. but its a wrong chemistry and a dangerous one. Welcome, will be awaiting pics of supercars on autobahns.
Old 8th August 2009, 07:53   #8
BHPian

Wilkommen Autonorm,

Wie gehts? You will certainly enjoy your stay on this forum. Have you already freaked out on the autobahn? Good that you are into organic chemistry and also on our side. We depend on you to invent a super duper organic fuel for our rides; just kidding. Have fun.

Tschuess.
P.S. My German is only a wee better than my Sanskrit.
Old 10th August 2009, 03:12   #9
BHPian

Thank you, T Girl, athalaga, Iraghava, Rihan, NutsNBolta, AltoHoncho and gostel for welcoming me.
@T Girl, I for sure am having a great time here in Germany since it has two of my favorite things in plenty, cars and beer.

@Iraghava, just as Organic Chemistry is everywhere so are the Chemists

@NutsNBolts true words.

@AltoHoncho Beer and Cars together sure do have a bad chemistry together that's why we Chemists never mix the two (btw beer and chemistry together is also bad hence we do the latter first and then enjoy a beer just as with cars ).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks