Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2009, 23:46   #1
BHPian

Hello Folks

Dear BHPians,

Its a great moment for me to be a part of this excellent community. To start with, I am Arijit Das and am 25 years old. I hail from Kolkata. I work as a software professional with one of the leading Indian IT services company.

There are quite a few things that interests me. My first love is the computer! Well now don't conclude that I am some nerd or geek. Most of the time my friends and relatives shout at me for hooking on to such a dumb box all throughout the day. Also I love to play around with my camera during leisure hours.

Cars - this has been one of my childhood passions. Only today my dream of owing a car was fulfilled after the A-Star was delivered by the dealer. Its Silky Silver in color. I am thinking of naming this inanimate pet of mine as "Vajra" - The Thunderbolt. There are a lot of things about cars that is still unknown to me.

I hit upon Team-BHP while researching on cars. And as usual Google pointed me to this community. Honestly, this is the best forum on cars. And what made me feel so good is that it is an Indian forum

Also, I am looking forward to personally meet fellow BHPians from Kolkata.

- AD007
Old 14th August 2009, 03:11   #2
BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP Arjit! Everybody uses the computer these days - no worries about being called a 'geek'. Vajra - sounds good - same as the Mirage 2000 incidentally. Hope to see you on the forum.
Old 14th August 2009, 03:22   #3
lsp
BHPian

Hey Arijit,
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new car.
Why don't you let us know what went into deciding for this car & the dealership experience?
Old 14th August 2009, 06:55   #4
BHPian

Hi Arijit,

Welcome aboard mate. From one newbie to another.
Old 14th August 2009, 14:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD007 View Post
Dear BHPians,

Its a great moment for me to be a part of this excellent community. To start with, I am Arijit Das and am 25 years old. I hail from Kolkata
Welcome Arijit, nice handle you've chosen for yourself.

Your wish to meet Kolkata Tbhpians might come true sooner than you think. We're having a meet tomorrow. Here's the thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...st-2009-a.html

Alternatively, just PM me or Planet_Rocker. We'll work out the logistics.
Old 14th August 2009, 18:23   #6
BHPian

Thanks a lot everyone for such a grand welcome. Regarding the choice of my car, I was looking for a car with a good mileage and low maintenance. Once the warranty period is over, I am looking forward to make some modifications to my car. Going through the community I realized that all Maruti Suzuki cars are mod friendly. And I was also looking for a hatchback with a sporty look. The A-Star just seemed to fit my requirement well.

@ Predator - I feel so sorry for being unable to join you folks this time since I would have to be on am emergency duty tomorrow. By any chance any of you work in or around Salt Lake Sec V, then may be we could meet some for some coffee together?
Old 16th August 2009, 18:08   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD007 View Post
@ Predator - I feel so sorry for being unable to join you folks this time since I would have to be on am emergency duty tomorrow. By any chance any of you work in or around Salt Lake Sec V, then may be we could meet some for some coffee together?
Nope, I dont work in Salt Lake, although I stay there. Yes we can definitely meet up. PM me your number and we'll work out something.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks