Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2009, 12:59   #1
BHPian

Hello

Hi all,

After 4 years of surfing this site almost daily I finally decided to register myself a few weeks back.
The motivation to register was the plethora of information the Ato Z of all cars, driving, safety etc..

BY nature I am an adventurer, passionate about life in general. A few of my hobbies include cycling(mountain biking), off roading (on my bullet & Firefox; just bought a gypsy king 2000, 3 days back, will start a new thread appropriately), trekking, swimming, paragliding (finally managed to kickstart by course & finish of with the first level 5 months back). Gizmos, gadgets & technology also give me a thrill.

I currently possess the following toys:
Pulsar 180 2001
Bullet Electra 2008
Swift Petrol vxi, 2007
Gypsy King MPFI, 2000 (Hard top)

Would love to interact with all you guys & Gurus on & off this site.

Regards
Old 18th August 2009, 18:04   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nice garage, especially the Gypsy and the Bullet. Welcome to Team-BHP Rossi! Seeing that you have a thing for adventure, joining in on all the Mumbai offroad action would be a good place to start.

We'd appreciate your taking a quick pitstop by our board rules section, just once, for familiarisation.
Old 20th August 2009, 10:50   #3
BHPian

Welcome to T-BHP, your screen made sure I read your introduction, nice collection you have there.
Old 20th August 2009, 16:40   #4
BHPian

Thank you guys for the warm welcome. Will definately be a part of the Mumbai off road action once my gypsy gets done up.
Old 20th August 2009, 18:01   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

very nice to meet you. great introductory note!
welcome aboard and enjoy our little online community here.
which firefox do you have? I ask because I recently bought one too - the 2.6 Dart and am enjoying my early morning rambles on it.
cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi View Post
Hi all,

After 4 years of surfing this site almost daily I finally decided to register myself a few weeks back.
The motivation to register was the plethora of information the Ato Z of all cars, driving, safety etc..

BY nature I am an adventurer, passionate about life in general. A few of my hobbies include cycling(mountain biking), off roading (on my bullet & Firefox; just bought a gypsy king 2000, 3 days back, will start a new thread appropriately), trekking, swimming, paragliding (finally managed to kickstart by course & finish of with the first level 5 months back). Gizmos, gadgets & technology also give me a thrill.

I currently possess the following toys:
Pulsar 180 2001
Bullet Electra 2008
Swift Petrol vxi, 2007
Gypsy King MPFI, 2000 (Hard top)

Would love to interact with all you guys & Gurus on & off this site.

Regards
Old 20th August 2009, 23:07   #6
BHPian

@Shankar: Many thanks for the warm welcome. I own a Firefox edge "full sused", ride it in the late evenings & on weekends with my biking group. The Suspension really helps in preventing the bumps to hurt where it shouldnt lol!

The Dart is a very good off roading bike too. The initial suspension might be a tad hard but softens as you use it.
Old 21st August 2009, 07:20   #7
BANNED

good. just got back from the morning 5-6 km chukker - firefox is fun.
but im seeing that somewhere in the front while riding (especially on a slight downhill incline) it makes a slightly squeaky noise as if something is rubbing against the wheel - tyre - checked the brakes and all those fiddly things in front - cannot figure out what it is.
any ideas?
cheers

Quote:
@Shankar: Many thanks for the warm welcome. I own a Firefox edge "full sused", ride it in the late evenings & on weekends with my biking group. The Suspension really helps in preventing the bumps to hurt where it shouldnt lol!

The Dart is a very good off roading bike too. The initial suspension might be a tad hard but softens as you use it.
Old 23rd August 2009, 16:14   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
good. just got back from the morning 5-6 km chukker - firefox is fun.
but im seeing that somewhere in the front while riding (especially on a slight downhill incline) it makes a slightly squeaky noise as if something is rubbing against the wheel - tyre - checked the brakes and all those fiddly things in front - cannot figure out what it is.
any ideas?
cheers
Try re-checking the brake pads, they may not be dis-engaging properly. Also re-look at the rim...
Old 24th August 2009, 19:53   #9
BHPian

Hello Rossi, Please post snaps of your gypsy. Any modifications?
Old 25th August 2009, 11:38   #10
BHPian

@BRS: Am going to start a seperate thread for my Gypsy this week. All pics & mods will be uploaded soon. Right now in the process of getting restored.
Old 25th August 2009, 12:50   #11
BANNED

thanks will do this.
probably loosen them up a bit more than already done
and possibly put some oil into the gear/chain drive area near the pedals - lets see if it helps

Quote:
Try re-checking the brake pads, they may not be dis-engaging properly. Also re-look at the rim...
Old 25th August 2009, 23:26   #12
BHPian

@Shankar: Register on cyclist.in. Plethora of information advise & adventure!
@BRS: New thread started by me on The King!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks