Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2009, 22:17   #1
BHPian

Hello Team-BHPians, a Jeep Freak here.

Thank you all for letting me be a member of this great comunity, finally (I had almost given up on it). Anyways I don't care about it now that I am here . Well I'm 29 years old and my friends call me Joe, working as Computer Programmer in a govt. organisation . I live in the beautiful city of Shillong. My passions are Jeeps, Music, Nature and stuff like Computers,Photography etc.
We used to own a 1942 Willy's MB (until last year), Grew up with that Jeep, countless expeditions, fishing trips or just city rides . My childhood dream was to own a mean jeep one day, used to make toy jeeps complete with a hood and a trailer as a kid and pull it all over my place.
Finally, in march this year I was able to fulfill my dream. I got myself a 1998 MM550 XD. A lot of research was done using Team-BHP before i acquired it. Hats off to you guys. Now I'm a proud owner and I am obsessed with my jeep. I guess i better stop my introduction here (Its getting rather long), shall be posting pics and lots of other stuff soon, also planning to spice it up so will need a lot of help from all you people here soon.
Asta Lavista.
Old 21st August 2009, 00:15   #2
BHPian

Good to have you on board, I love those jeeps, good you can enjoy them in the perfect climate, would love to have a 4x4 as a 2nd car myself ummmmmmm......
Old 21st August 2009, 09:36   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome aboard Johannes. Nice to have another jeeper in here. So you go off-roading in there around your place? I am sure there must be several places to go off-roading there.

Would love to see offroad pictures and stories from you.

Again, welcome and enjoy your stay here.
Old 21st August 2009, 20:05   #4
BHPian

Thanks, well its a great pleasure to be amongst so many people with a passion for jeeps.. Actually my affair with my jeep started just a few months back since I got her and we've been off the road a few times (Especially while going fishing, my other obsession) . I'm looking forward to many many trips in the future. There's no dearth of bad roads here.. So if you want to own a car here its best to get a jeep.
Old 21st August 2009, 23:43   #5
BHPian

Hi johannes, welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johannes View Post
There's no dearth of bad roads here.. So if you want to own a car here its best to get a jeep.
Meghalaya has the best roads in the north east and you say that?
Old 22nd August 2009, 03:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Johannes. One more 4X4 addict. My God our tribe is growing.
I would have thought that you would be more comfortable in a short chassis Defender. As im told there are many roaming freely in Shillong.

Have a great stay here.
Old 22nd August 2009, 13:04   #7
BHPian

Hi Johannes welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have another jeeper. I am sure you re going to have a blast here. See you around!!
Old 22nd August 2009, 13:19   #8
BHPian

welcome

Hi Jeep freak,

Welcome you to the group. I am also a new bie here.wish u a very good time here
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks