Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2009, 22:49   #1
BHPian

Zoom (Hyderabadi)......Venkman

Hi Friends
This is a 45 years young Hyderabad. I have a 15 years of experience in service working for Godrej where Quality is the key word. Now I am self employed and provide security solutions and also a Financial Advisor.
I first happened to read about TEAM-BHP in a Google search and from then on the passion caught me.
My Interests are Photography and trying to catch up with the fast pace of the auto industry. I always had a deep passion for auto mobiles, starting with learning how to drive on a Standard Herald and then a Premier Padmini.and a Maruti 800. We now have a Chevrolet Optra 1.8.
When in College we got hold of a book on I.C. engines and tried all our experiments on a friends Fathers car.
As they say, Birds of a feather do flock together so this is one place I now like to be and get to know so much in this modern age with things being integrated and made so much comfortable. And did I mention - I am a Mechanical Engineer,like they say the evergreen field.
Signing off
Venkman
Old 21st August 2009, 00:10   #2
BHPian

Welcome aboard, which on those cars is your favourite, they all have their own charms, from classic to modern, one of those must have it's special place in your heart
Old 21st August 2009, 00:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

Nice intro there,Venkman. Welcome aboard!
Do share some of your pics (both of your cars, as well as random shots). This place is full of individuals who share the same passions,so enjoy your time here!

Drive safe!
Old 21st August 2009, 00:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hi Venkman, Welcome to team BHP. Hope you have wonderful time here with all of us.
Hyderabad gang is having a small get together tomorrow. If possible do try and join us. We will all be glad to get introduced to you and learn from those experiments of yours.
here is the link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post1442579
Old 21st August 2009, 01:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the gang Venkman. Nice to see another youngster in our midst - Vnabhi, Suren181 and I were afraid we remain the only young ones around here. You and I are probably the only ones who learnt driving on Heralds and Premier Padminis! (Incidentally, if you have a picture of your Standard Herald - StanHer would like a copy.)

As Fordmanchu has hinted, the Hyderabad chapter of the TBHP is as much an off-line forum as it is an on-line group. We do meet regularly and share our thoughts etc. in the brick and mortar world. These meets and drives are open to all members of TBHP and we look forward to meeting you soon. (Please do keep an eye out for the Hyderabad meets on the Meets section of shifting gears - the threads are normally named "Hyderabad July/August/September 2009 meets" as in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...009-meets.html)

There are a few keen lensmen amongst the Hyderabad TBHPians - Mobike008, Absynthguzzler and Pulsar56 being the most active.

Once again, welcome to the TBHP world, hope you enjoy yourself here.

Cheers,

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 21st August 2009 at 01:06.
Old 21st August 2009, 11:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Venkman!

Try to catch up with us in our regular meets or drives.

BTW, Ravvs is wrong---even I've driven a Standard Herald, and have also driven
Ambassadors and Fiat 1100s before buying a M800. I learnt the basics of driving on a Jeep---courtesy Public Sector perks.
Old 21st August 2009, 11:21   #7
BHPian

I have a photo of me driving a Standard Super 10, the car on which I learnt driving. Would it be okay if I were to upload that picture here - I was nearly 10 years old at the time of that photograph.
Old 21st August 2009, 12:12   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonderful intro there Venkman and welcome onboard.

Like others mentioned, we are having a dinner meet today ( Aug 21st) at Ella Suites in Gachibowli, it would be great if you join up.

Cheers and hope to see you around
Old 22nd August 2009, 00:22   #9
BHPian

Thats cool folks such a warm welcome !!! I did read some of your posts yesterday one that mentioned the get together and about buying Ganapathi Bappa. My favourite car is and will always be the Green Std Herald two door, it was my first love and I got to driving it the day I was 18...(real Big dream). Pictures, I will scan and upload mostly B/W. And Vnabhi Ji I will surely look forward to meeting you all.
Old 22nd August 2009, 15:02   #10
BHPian

welcome you here venkman. waiting for the pics
Old 24th August 2009, 19:55   #11
BHPian

Hi Venkman, Welcome abroad to Team BHP. Nice introduction.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks