Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2009, 20:50   #1
BHPian

Finally TheDoors opens up to Team-BHP

Hello Everybody,

I belong to one of those breeds who have been lurking around in this forum for a long time, enthusiastically reading most of the posts in detail, but always procrastinated in posting one. Today accidentally as I was going through my membership details and I noticed that I had joined Team-Bhp on 22 Aug 2005 and today being 22 Aug 2009, I decided to post my introduction.

I am currently based in Bangalore working for the IT industry but my family, parents & in-laws are all based in Hyderabad. So I consider my self a Hyderabadi with a Non-Resident-Banglorean status. I try to spend most of my time in Hyderabad, almost all my weekends are in Hyderabad and all my cars are parked there. I work from Hyderabad many a times when possible and I am hoping to permanently move to Hyderabad soon. I rely on my office cab and public transport for getting around while in Bangalore.

I am in my mid 30's, married with a son who is close to 3 years. Wife is least interested in cars. My son seems to have been already influenced by cars. He currently owns over a 100 of those hotwheels and matchbox miniature car models.

Cars have been a passion since the day my dad got his first car, the 1987 Premier Padmini. Currently my stable consists of a 2001 Zen VXi, 2008 Civic 1.8V M/T and 2009 i10 Sportz. Between the Zen and the Civic, I have owned a Toyota Corolla 1.8E (2005-08).

My next purchase in the horizon is to replace the Zen with a big family mover (family+parents+in-laws), the Innova seems to be a perfect fit, but the heart longs a SUV. The Toyota FrontRunner is tempting but I like the Ford Endeavor simply for its size.

Many thanks to the forum members who post here regularly. Their reviews heavily influenced my last 2 buys. I have also been closely following the Hyderabad Team-BHP meets. I wish to catch up with them soon and also look forward to some regular postings now on.

As for the handle "TheDoors"; well, when I was first introduced to this site by my friend and started the registration process, I was listening to The Doors (Jim Morrison, An American Prayer) and just decided to use "TheDoors". I am a rock freak and swear by Pink Floyd and also love long distance drives.

Here is a picture of my stable. My Zen sports the Team-Bhp sticker on the rear glass. The Civic and the i10 will be sporting the stickers soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally TheDoors opens up to Team-BHP-dsc00813.jpg  

Finally TheDoors opens up to Team-BHP-dsc00814.jpg  

Old 22nd August 2009, 20:59   #2
Team-BHP Support

"This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end"

You're through my friend.
Quote:
Wife is least interested in cars.
Keep your wife happy otherwise.

Welcome to TBHP. Please go through our announcement section for a better drive here.
Old 22nd August 2009, 21:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey TheDoors, welcome to this forum! Going by your tastes (rock music, long drives, et al) you are a perfect fit!
You just missed a get together we had yesterday at Ella Suites, Gachibowli. We look forward to your active participation in future.
How about a review of your cars, to start with?
Old 22nd August 2009, 21:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey Mate, welcome to team-bhp.
You've maintained your rides pretty well.
Shows your love

Enjoy your stay.
Old 23rd August 2009, 16:56   #5
BHPian

Thanks folks,

@ vnabhi

Yes, I was following the Hyd meet planned at Gachiblowli, but unfortunately I go into town at 9:00 pm in the night on Friday. Will make all attempts to be there when ever the next one is planned.

Sure, I do intend to post a write up on the babies that I own.
Old 23rd August 2009, 21:39   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome buddy, from another Jim Morrison devotee. Hope to read more of your posts.
Old 24th August 2009, 08:43   #7
BHPian

Welcome on board!! Fasten your seat belts for a long drive. Let's start off with your review on Civic. What say??
Old 24th August 2009, 19:52   #8
BHPian

Nice cars. Welcome to Team-BHP.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks