Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2005, 11:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird
I will be driving with in city limits....some occasions....express way...
The distance I cover daily is around max 20 km, involves SV road (1 of the main road in Mumbai) and Link road.... monthly not more than 600 km..

So guys this is the whole scenario.....
Firebird - welcome to the gang pal !

and looking at the places u drive - u wud be better off traveeling by auto or buses maybe even walk !

seriously - if u cant wait for the swift - go for the santro or the wagon-r. my personal opinion - i would take the santro. i had owned it for 3 years so i should knw !

cheers
Old 8th July 2005, 11:55   #17

Free Moonsoon Chk Of Fiat At Shaman On 08 & 09 Jul,so Palio Lover Do Take Your Babies There.
Old 8th July 2005, 12:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hi Freebird,

I own a Palio 1.2 ELX NV. It is a decent and a comfortable car both for city driving and highways. I get a FE of around 11 in Bangalore. I have even got around 12, but that was when the roads were good . ASS would depend on the dealers present in your city. The only grouses I have against this car are:
1. Turning radius is pretty huge; which means U-turns will become three points on certain occasions.
2. It is sluggish with AC on. Even otherwise, it is a little sluggish.
3. Visibility is hampered because of thick A and C pillars.

It rides and handles really well. It is a good highway car as well, provided you take its initial sluggishness in your stride. It looks and is pretty safe and solid also.

This is what I can say about my car. All in all, I like it. It has been with me for more than a year and a half and I haven't paid anything more than for oil, etc changes during services. My vehicle is pretty reliable also.

I do not have any comment to make about any other car as I have not tested anything else, except Opel Sail 1.4.

Cheers,
Old 8th July 2005, 14:50   #19
BHPian

I own a Santro since over 3 years and have driven under 40K kms. I did not like the car much. Unfortunately I do not have a power steering. This adds to my woes. Also, the service of Jayabharat is very poor. They never rectify the problem on the first instance. They claim the problem to be in one area and it turns out to be somewhere else. So you pay up more and they cover it up some way. At 20k kms I had heavy knocking problem. I paid 3000 for decarbonising, the problem was solved. After another 2000 kms, the problem started again. This time another advisor was attending to me. He suggested me decarbonising. I said I have already done that. That shut him off. Then he said, some cars have this problem, cant do anything. Then he suggested me SystemG. Used it for a while and the knocking reduced. After 5000kms it again started, even after using SystemG consistently. This time another advisor was attending. He suggested not to use SystemG. Now, aint this confusing. Finally have stopped bothering and it has turned ok by itself. But a new problem has arised, some problem with balance rod bush kit. It is making too much of noise. Can believe this all is happening to a car which is under 40K kms and that too city driven, with utmost care.
Old 8th July 2005, 16:10   #20

hi firebird,

welcome to this forum
Old 11th July 2005, 06:32   #21
BHPian

Welcome Milind

I Hope You Have Gone Through The Annoncment Section If Not Than You Should
Old 11th July 2005, 16:56   #22
BHPian

Thanks Guys,

I have 2 quotes with me..Wagon R LXi and Santro XING XG....

waiting to take test drive....shud be done this week...
Old 11th July 2005, 21:40   #23

welcome to the forum hope u enjoy your stay and make a good decision about the car
Old 14th July 2005, 15:43   #24
BANNED

i would say go for palio as it is vfm...or go for corsa sail 1.4...trouble free reliable car...have not faced any problem wid dat car...
swift wait for sometime to see peoples reviewz..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks