Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2009, 01:17   #1
buz
BHPian

Team-BHP'ed

Hi everyone,

Great to be here on this awesome community. Have learnt so much myself in the past week that can't stop searching for threads from car reports to reviews on the smallest of things. Great job - Team BHP!

Vital stats:

Name: Sujay Bharatiya

Car owned: Opel Corsa 1.6 GLS 2004 model. Already driven 90000 kms

Why did I buy it? - For the heavy feel to it. Love the way the car gushes over undulations and crevices (which are pretty much the norm these days on our city roads) with equanimity and absolutely love the 'floating' feeling I get on the highways once the car moves over the 120 kmph mark.

Well. Experienced all of it after buying the car. Many might call me foolish - but I bought the car without even TDing it! Haven't regretted a single sliver of my decision. At that price point in 2004, this was the best package running and what a package! - stunning wood finish interiors and a sharp exterior with an electronic date/time/temp indicator... wow!

Cars otherwise driven: 800, Zen (the erstwhile wonder version, not the dabba they are selling these days - owners.. .no offence meant), Esteem and a 5 series beamer (by a fluke, in the US in the cover of darkness when I was 15 yrs old with an older cousin alongside, can't forget the experience).

What do I do? Corporate loans syndication.

Long drives undertaken yet - Delhi to/fro satellites (Jaipur, Agra, Chandigarh), Delhi-Amritsar-Delhi, Delhi-Mumbai, Mumbai-Goa.

Planning to go for Mumbai-Bangalore, Mumbai-Cochin, Mumbai-Jabalpur (or even Kolkata for that matter), Mumbai-Jaisalmer.

My nature of driving - mostly cruising unless I have to maintain my space to avoid someone cutting in from the left. Love to pump the engine up on the highways.

Planning to sell my car now and am looking at options for a new car. Waiting for some new releases near Diwali or later.
Old 4th September 2009, 17:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sujay

Call it an inner instinct but there are many people who buy cars without a TD. The Corsa was a solid car and spoke well of German build quality. You seem to have enjoyed every bit of the German automobile experience. How about putting a long term review with pictures in our review section? Also, do take time to go through the rules section to help you understand the working of the forum better

Welcome to Team BHP
Old 4th September 2009, 21:43   #3
BHPian

Welcome aboard buz lightyear. Do let me know when you undertake the mumbai kochi trip. I have done it twice and found it thoroughly enjoyable.
Old 5th September 2009, 06:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Sujay , For once i read your name as Suraj barjatya ( no offenses meant)

You're going to be in love with this place. Enjoy.
Old 5th September 2009, 10:44   #5
BHPian

Good intro, welcome, enojy being here! dirve safe
Old 7th September 2009, 12:18   #6
buz
BHPian

Thanks people for the warm welcome. Will come up with the long term ownership review of the Corsa soon. And yeah - 'Suraj Barjatya' has become my second name for quite a while now :-)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed