Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2009, 15:28   #1
BHPian

Added BHP to Life

Hellow Everyone

First of all, thanks for letting me in. My name is Venk. I work in an Indian S/W MNC and live in Bangalore. I drive a Ford Ikon Flair.

My TBHP Story

I was researching about some car and I ended up in TBHP family. Really liked the quality of reports and verdicts in TBHP. Finally after a LONG 14 month wait, I was able to be a part of theTBHP Family.

To name a few things that made me amused in TBHP are SamKapasi’s narrative skills, hvkumar’s knowledge about the roads, akroy’s travelogues, GTO’s test drive reports et al.

I came across many helpful people who were ready to share their knowledge/help people in Bangalore like ben, condor, ajmat, Rudra sir, mclaren1885

Keep Driving.

Regards,
Venk

Note from Team BHP Support

Please do not use external text editors to type out your post. The tags make the posts unreadable for other members. Thanks.

Last edited by Dippy : 7th September 2009 at 16:13. Reason: See note in post
Old 7th September 2009, 16:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Another software guy from Bangalore. You sure have been reading up on the forum alot and we are glad to finally have you on board. The Ikon has been a real success story for Ford in India and there are so many who swear by the car even today. How about putting a long term ownership thread on your Ikon Flair in our reviews section ?

Do take time to go through the rules to help you know the working of the forum.

Welcome to Team BHP. See you at the threads.
Old 7th September 2009, 17:54   #3
Team-BHP Support

Hey! Welcome!

I had an Ikon as well. It happened to be a 2001 1.6 ZXi. It was a brilliant car I must say! Corner carving, rev happy car that you could throw around. Had the best steering and working the car through the gears was an absolute delight! Had plenty of issues with Ford though. Anyway, enjoy your stay!
Old 15th September 2009, 20:54   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Hey! Welcome!

I had an Ikon as well. It happened to be a 2001 1.6 ZXi. It was a brilliant car I must say! Corner carving, rev happy car that you could throw around. Had the best steering and working the car through the gears was an absolute delight! Had plenty of issues with Ford though. Anyway, enjoy your stay!
Thanks Suhaas. The Ikon indeed a very good car.
Old 16th September 2009, 00:14   #5
BHPian

Hi Fordy
Welcome Venk this is venkman here another venk . Do put up a few pictures of your car- I really like Bangalore cars, sometimes when I visit I simply like to stand near brigade road and watch those sporty cars vroom by ....
Cheers
Old 16th September 2009, 05:13   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP Fordy , there's one member here who did the GQ on his ikon.

I'm not sure if you've gone through that thread but it's really well written with good sequence of photography.
Old 16th September 2009, 07:26   #7
Team-BHP Support

A software guy from Bangalore, now what are the odds of that?

Welcome to Team-BHP Venk, Bangalore is one of the most active Team-BHP hubs, you will suddenly find whole lot of new friends to hang out with.
Old 16th September 2009, 09:06   #8
BHPian

Welcome on board, Fordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
Finally after a LONG 14 month wait, I was able to be a part of theTBHP Family.
Is there a waiting period now to join TBHP?
Old 16th September 2009, 09:41   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
A software guy from Bangalore, now what are the odds of that?

Welcome to Team-BHP Venk, Bangalore is one of the most active Team-BHP hubs, you will suddenly find whole lot of new friends to hang out with.

I would say the odds of that are nearly 1/1 .

How I wish I was in Bangalore now? And I really dont understand why I din't register for more than 2 years after coming across this forum. Really stupid of me.
Old 16th September 2009, 14:08   #10
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Venky. Software pros have more easier access to the net. They can just keep browsing while others think they are coding. Lol...

Enjoy your drive in here. hope to see your participation in the meets soon.
Old 16th September 2009, 15:38   #11
Team-BHP Support

Venk, thanks for the kind mention.

Welcome to the forum, although getting in took its own sweet time.
Now that you have a chance to contribute, looking forward to contributions from your side.
Old 23rd September 2009, 21:05   #12
BHPian

Wow!!! Thanks Guys!!!

Yeah! I suddenly feel I have many friends in Bangalore(Never felt like this in the last 6 years though). I would love to come to the TBHP meets, but somehow I am not very confortable with Night Drives. WIll try to come for some Brunch Meet or so

@Venkman - I have a pretty ordinary car Bro - No vroom vrooms - all stock.

@harishnayak - I read your travelogue from Delhi to Bangalore and its amazing. I did read the review of the Ikon on the GQ around 5 K Kms. Will do one part of GQ after a month (Bangalore to Vizag)

@pjay in - There is no waiting perod. But I tried thrice and my application got rejected :(

@mjothi - you are spot on. Always look busy looking @ the laptop screen. You sure, you are not in the IT?

@ben - definitely, ready for contributions, but still understanding the TBHP behaviour, so once I am out of this transition phase, will start doing it.
Old 23rd September 2009, 21:57   #13
Team-BHP Support

Hey welcome Venk! There is no typical TBHP behavior, just be civil to our fellow members and communicate clearly and freely your thoughts as much as possible thats all.

So lets start hearing you more.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed