Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 00:13   #1
BHPian

Hello Everyone

Hello everyone,

Myself Kishore from Bangalore. After a long wait and two tries I'm delighted to have become a member.

First a little info about myself. I'm originally from Kolkata and currently residing in Bangalore. I'm into software and been working for more than 11 years now. At the age of 33 I have a rare pleasure of driving in US, UK, France and India. I pursue Computers, Driving and Music as my main hobbies. I'd have to keep writing a new post everyday if I try to list all of my other hobbies.

I'm a fanatic when it comes to driving. Open roads always attract me and drive me out of my home every weekend. Regular traveler I keep on making rounds on known and unknown roads near/far from Bangalore. My friends have coined a phrase for this above mentioned activity. They call it "Measuring the Road" or in Hindi "Rasta Napna".

I am here to find similar people and to share my passion. This tremendous attraction and freedom of roads have made me do some extra ordinary and sometimes stupid things. I remember going for a unplanned 6 day long drive for a cross country US drive from NY to LA. Driving alone the whole day and only sleeping from 2Am - 8 Am. I covered 7000 miles in those 6 days. Later after getting married I did the same stretch twice more. My total driving in US have been something close to 3 Lacs miles and my own vehicke got a hefty 1.4 Lacs miles of it.

I owned a Bajaj Caliber to roam in and arround Bangalore in 1998 - 2000. My longest drive was to Mangalore and Udupi on 200 New years holiday. Mysore used to be a regular trip with friends. I really miss the cold coffee shops near Mysore. Then went to US and bough a Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.5 V6 4X4. The world opened up for me and I drove my own car as well as several rented cars for 5 years in US. Later during my stay in UK for a year, I rented 2-3 times to travel to Lake district and Scottland. Came back to India in 2006 and bought a Pulsar. Did not go on too long drives as with my wife it becomes a bit risky to venture out too far. Farthest have been Hogenekal. Bought my first car last March and looking for exciting couple of years.

Lets talk about the interesting stuff. I have couple of biggies planned for next 2 years.

1. Bangalore - Kolkata
2. Bangalore - Pune / Goa / Mumbai
3. Bangalore - Rajasthan

I will post the details as and when they become available.

I guess I already wrote too much to bore all of you who are still reading this post. I totally forgot that this is a intro not a novel.

Hope to have a great experience of learning and sharing with the members.
Old 8th September 2009, 11:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

Boy you sure have alot of driving experience in India and abroad. You are taking the saying "Live to Drive" very seriously. How was the experience with the Grand Vitara in the US? It would nice to have you post your driving experiences in the Travelogues section. What car do you own in India now?

Take a stop by the rules section to familiarize yourself with the working of the forum

Welcome aboard Kishore.
Old 8th September 2009, 11:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

Wow , Reeaall long drives i must say. I'm from the same genre of measuring the road of India.

Echoing Dippy's question - which car did you buy in March?
Old 8th September 2009, 22:40   #4
BHPian

After a lot of searching and lots of review reading in team-bhp, I shortlisted 4 vehicles

1. Fusion Plus Diesel
2. Swift VDI.
3. Fabia Diesel.
4. Palio Diesel

I really liked the Fusion and almost bought it, but got into a little problem. My designated parking lot in the building where I stay, was already occupied by someone else, and for the one I got, Fusion was a little to big to fit in. So I had the last 3 options left.

Swift was my first choice, but got bowled out by the pleasure of driving the Fabia. It's not macho, engine does not revv much, but its very comfortable and handles beautifully. Fuel economy was comparable so payed the extra lac or two for a little more luxury. I'm yet to see how long it can take my obsession for highways. Already put 20K on it and counting quite fast.

The Grand Vitara was great, absolutely loved it. Mainly I guess because it was my first car. With a 2.5L V6 under the hood, it was a horse. But they limited the top speed for safety purpose (high CG mainly) and it won't go much beyond 100 MPH, but the vehicle could pull a big trailer easily. I had the smaller XLX 4X4 version, not the big XL7 one, even then the fuel economy was as bad as 15 MPG (6KMPL). Had a lot of fun on snowy days, driving on 4WD. Both of me and my wife miss it even now.
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:43   #5
BHPian

Cars driven in the Past

Hi Guys,

Could not find a more suitable thread to share these photos. Found these yesterday in a long forgotten photo CD. Wanted to share the rides which I enjoyed during my US stay. All these vehicles (except the Grand Vitara, which I owned) were rented during various trips across the country.

Buick Randezvous - US Cross country trip Dec'2003
Hello Everyone-013.jpg

Pontiac Aztec - US Cross country trip Dec'2004
Hello Everyone-021.jpg

My Grand Vitara in the Parking lot of the Apartment where I used to stay
Hello Everyone-picture-201.jpg

Hyundai Sonata - Main trip during Fall of 2004
Hello Everyone-picture-093.jpg

My Grand Vitara again
Hello Everyone-pic-025.jpg

Grand Vitara in Shenandoah National Park - 2004
Hello Everyone-pic-156.jpg

Ford Taurus - Badlands National Park, Summer 2004
Hello Everyone-pic-081.jpg

I was delighted to find these photos after such a long time. Hope you would like them too.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks