Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2009, 09:48   #1
BHPian

Hip Hip Hurray

Hi

Hip Hip Hurray!! Finally I get to be a part of Team-BHP, where I can post 'my queries' and post my travel experiences. I am really feeling elated!! After being a fence sitter and gaining from the travelogues of the likes of HV Kumar, PKumar, ramkya1, I decided to join this forum site to share my experiences

Now, little bit about myself. I am a Naval Officer posted in Mumbai. One of my passions is to travel on road (also) other than the high seas. Till April this year, I have been making all my trips in my 2002 Alto. Although I had have done several long trips in my Alto but the notable ones have been Vizag-Hyderabad-Mumbai and back (twice), Visakhapatnam-Puri (Thrice), Mumbai- Ahemdabad and of course Mumbai-Goa( 1..2.., well, well, the count is lost). This Goa trip in 2007, incidentally introduced me to Team-BHP, when I was surfing for the directions. And thereafter, there has been no looking back. The admiration for Team-BHP and its members has grown immensely from every visit to this site. Wow, I really admire that team which clocked 6000 Kms for doing the GQ. Well, that has been become one of my dreams, which I want to achieve.

As on date, we i.e. my wife (co-driver and navigator) and myself are starting with Mumbai –Delhi stretch in my new SX4 (its a power machine!!)on 28 and 29 Sep 09. I will be posting on separate threads to take advice on planning my trip.

Sea Cruiser

Last edited by aah78 : 24th September 2009 at 20:27. Reason: COLOR tags removed.
Old 18th September 2009, 12:07   #2
Team-BHP Support

Sea-Cruiser, welcome to the forum.

As you rightly mentioned the forum is a treasure-trove of information, and it is all because of contributions from its members. We look forward to your own contributions so as to add to the wealth of info.

To start with, how about an ownership experience on your new SX4?
Old 18th September 2009, 12:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

I have fond memories of Navy Nagar, Colaba. Stayed there in the Sainik Aramgah for 2 years. That place is just wonderfull, green and quiet, so unlike Mumbai.

Welcome to the forum, I am sure lot of us would also be interested in knowing more about your ships apart from your travel experiences.
Old 18th September 2009, 13:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thought Captain Haddock logged in

We have one or two reports of some ships too at TBHP.

Welcome to TBHP.
Old 18th September 2009, 13:09   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Sea Cruiser. Nice intro.

So another travelogue guy huh? We have some great fellas on board. Its great that one more has joined in. There are a few sea farers on the forum too. Vintageman and 1self are the two who i know already. We will make that three with you entering.

Enjoy your stay and while here, please take time to familiarize yourself with the board rules. From there on it will be "Smooth Sailing"

Happy Revving!!
Old 24th September 2009, 18:57   #6
BHPian

Hi

Thanks for all this encouraging mails. Right now I am in Sikkim and very soon will be posting all the details of my trip which I have already started under travelouge section. This is going to be followed by Mumbai- Delhi trip on 28-29 Sep (Really excited about this trip).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks